PDA

View Full Version : Need moivation help....

gumby0000
07-14-2009, 04:50 AM
Ok so im trying to be positive about changing my lifestyle, but im finding it hard to do...

I dont really have any friends who wanna regularly hit weights and eat properly, i go to work and all the guys are stopping at take away shops etc and chuggin beer all weekend...

At home my wife wont join my in workin out, and doesn't always want to cook a meal so we get take away or something etc etc

I dont know where im going with this, i think im just finding it hard to get motivated by myself....

Any suggestions from anyone with the same sort of probs?

cheers

JolietKev
07-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Ok so im trying to be positive about changing my lifestyle, but im finding it hard to do...

I dont really have any friends who wanna regularly hit weights and eat properly, i go to work and all the guys are stopping at take away shops etc and chuggin beer all weekend...

At home my wife wont join my in workin out, and doesn't always want to cook a meal so we get take away or something etc etc

I dont know where im going with this, i think im just finding it hard to get motivated by myself....

cheers

Sounds like you are making a lot of excuses. If your wife does not want to cook then you cook something. I do not have any friends either, however I do not rely on anyone to motivate me. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Be the man of the home and set the example for her and your co workers. Do it.

gumby0000
07-14-2009, 01:27 PM
i can see how that makes sense

i guess i just have to be stronger for myself instead of waiting for someone else to push me...

Theo1712
07-14-2009, 02:23 PM

i guess i just have to be stronger for myself instead of waiting for someone else to push me...

I understand your worries. As mentioned this is your project; hence your the chairman. If you are worried of becoming a social outcast just wait till' you hit the gym. At the gym you can meet lots of people with a mindset close to yours.

It's easy to engage a conversation since you are there for the same purpose. And about your wife; observe her changing attitude as soon as you bring home results.
Don't get scared by all the people on here talking about working out as a "100% one man project"-thing. You will meet likeminded people along the way to help you reach your goals. Keep in mind: "It's a lifestyle but not a complete obsession ".

kind regards,

Theo

JolietKev
07-14-2009, 03:34 PM

Exactly. Once you see the difference in the way you feel and look you will want to continue and improve. The one thing that motivates me the most is that I want to be as healthy as I can for my son, as long as I can. That is why I eat pretty good and exercise. By the grace of God, I hope that I will be able to see a grandchild one day. :) Our children watch us and are taking notes so that is another reason to develop healthy habits.

Rick1824
07-14-2009, 05:15 PM

cheers

Seems you have a list of things that are getting in your way. So now that you've identified the problems-obstacles, it's time to take charge and eliminate them.

At work...what the other guys do doesn't have anything to do with you eating properly and or bringing a healthy lunch to work with you. Just because they want to chug beer all weekend, doesn't mean you have to go and chug beer with them.

If your wife doesn't want to workout with you, so what...why does she have to do it in order for you to do it? If she doesn't want to cook all the time, then you can step in and cook instead, the 2 of you can take turns cooking and maybe she'll take an interest in the cooking and eating healthy thing.

Just identify your obstacles, then set about eliminating them one at a time until they no longer exist.

Dogbreath
07-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Wait until you start getting attention from younger ladies, you wife will want to go to the gym with you.

Raw_and_vital
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM

cheers

I know exactly what you mean, dude.... If you take a look at the thread I posted I'm going to start this project in 2 weeks. It's called 80 IN 80. Lose 80lbs in 80 days! I'm going to do daily video blogs, pictures, tips, meal plans, workout routines, all that good stuff. And I will even do a Live video chat to get myself motivated and get people who are doing it with my motivated as well...

If you're interested hit me up. I'm trying to take online motivation to the next level. Basically it will be on an interactive level!

micov
07-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Wait until you start getting attention from younger ladies, you wife will want to go to the gym with you.
Haha, ain't this the truth http://blog-mania.org/cs/w/h.gif.

One of the hottest buttons you can push on a female is jealousy, be sure that this will land you some confidence.