PDA

View Full Version : How can I get up and go? Bit of a ramble.

chrispg
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
I've only been Working out officially for a little under 2 years, It started off fine. I had a decent gym and was going regularly. Then I switched jobs and found a new gym 5 minutes up the road from my shop and I was there 4-6 days a week *before* work. That was great. best shape of my life. Now however is a different story. My girlfriend decided she wanted to go to "spend time with me" and like a sucker I went along with it. I switched to gold's gym because of their childcare feature for my boy and the price was reasonable considering. Turns out she really had no interest in what I was trying to achieve and more often became a nuisance and stopped going. I thought that was great but now one problem. I barely go anymore. Here's the scoop

I'm a plumber so I work from about 6:30 anywhere to 5-6pm 5 days a week. so i don't have time for the commute to the gym anymore since its 20+minutes and because I'm so bagged after work I have no energy to get to the gym after. I really have no time to eat a good pre workout meal and am not big on shakes before lifting either.

I have tried being up at 4 to get a good start and be there for 5 when they open but I'm rushing so bad I don't get a worthwhile session. Weekends aren't so bad but since I'm stuck in this run, which has lasted about 5 months now It's hard to get motivated. I've been about 5 times in the last 4 weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the gains I had and the shape I was creating. I love the feeling I have when I'm at the gym when I'm NOT tired. It's so easy to become habitual in not going. HOW THE HELL DO I GET OUT OF IT!!! Almost all my progress is depleting or already gone.

Rick1824
07-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I've only been Working out officially for a little under 2 years, It started off fine. I had a decent gym and was going regularly. Then I switched jobs and found a new gym 5 minutes up the road from my shop and I was there 4-6 days a week *before* work. That was great. best shape of my life. Now however is a different story. My girlfriend decided she wanted to go to "spend time with me" and like a sucker I went along with it. I switched to gold's gym because of their childcare feature for my boy and the price was reasonable considering. Turns out she really had no interest in what I was trying to achieve and more often became a nuisance and stopped going. I thought that was great but now one problem. I barely go anymore. Here's the scoop

I'm a plumber so I work from about 6:30 anywhere to 5-6pm 5 days a week. so i don't have time for the commute to the gym anymore since its 20+minutes and because I'm so bagged after work I have no energy to get to the gym after. I really have no time to eat a good pre workout meal and am not big on shakes before lifting either.

I have tried being up at 4 to get a good start and be there for 5 when they open but I'm rushing so bad I don't get a worthwhile session. Weekends aren't so bad but since I'm stuck in this run, which has lasted about 5 months now It's hard to get motivated. I've been about 5 times in the last 4 weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the gains I had and the shape I was creating. I love the feeling I have when I'm at the gym when I'm NOT tired. It's so easy to become habitual in not going. HOW THE HELL DO I GET OUT OF IT!!! Almost all my progress is depleting or already gone.

Seems things went down hill when you switched to a gym that wasn't convenient to your work.

Since the girlfriend isn't going to the gym any more, you have no reason to stay at Golds if it's inconvenient for you. Suck it up and ride out your membership then go back to the gym you were originally going to that was 5 minutes from the shop that you hit 4-6 mornings a week before work. You only work 5 days a week, that leaves 2 workouts for your days off...so you're only in need of squeezing in 2-4 during the week, shouldn't be too hard.