PDA

View Full Version : I need advice

Yankz87x
07-11-2009, 05:55 PM
I recently dropped about 10 pounds and feel great.

The thing is my family members always laugh at me when I try to do things like eating healthier by not eating food that she makes for the most part because its fatty or when they see me going to the gym late so I don't miss it. It feels weird cause I see the difference in me even though its not huge and I know there's a difference since I lost 10 pounds. but when you see those close to you putting you down and laughing when you try to change things it makes it harder. If I had family member's like you guys who encouraged each other everyday Id probably loose the fat twice as fast lol.

Rick1824
07-11-2009, 06:13 PM

The thing is my family members always laugh at me when I try to do things like eating healthier by not eating food that she makes for the most part because its fatty or when they see me going to the gym late so I don't miss it. It feels weird cause I see the difference in me even though its not huge and I know there's a difference since I lost 10 pounds. but when you see those close to you putting you down and laughing when you try to change things it makes it harder. If I had family member's like you guys who encouraged each other everyday Id probably loose the fat twice as fast lol.

You always have to stop and take a reality check when the people closest to you are the ones who refuse to support your efforts, make fun, laugh and cut you down for having what it takes to step up and do what you want to and need to do in order to help yourself or better yourself and your situation.

Then you just tell them to screw off and keep doing what you're doing.

MiKeHendrycks92
07-11-2009, 07:11 PM
the people who matter dont mind and the people who mind dont matter- dr seuss mother****er lol :P

they sound like they are jealous and/or scared of losing the old you they could use to make themselves feel fine with the ****ty lifestyle they are living, in my opinion, **** them.:)

runningtherack
07-12-2009, 01:59 AM
A few tips:
-Are THEY living a healthy lifestyle (at least 1 sport)? If not, then you KNOW they are wrong.
-Find at least 1 supportive person around you. It's not a must but it helps immensely.
-Either you are quite sensitive or they are quite jealous of your lifestyle. It seems to be one way or the other.
-If things don't work out well enough TODAY, they probably will TOMORROW, when you have your own turf and when you choose supportive friends.

Also, keep a log of your progress, so uou don't give up in the meantime!

nakedsnake
07-12-2009, 10:08 AM

Dude I read a post a while back from a guy who was over 100lbs over weight and his friends and family always did the same thing to him, but he kept losing the weight for the same reason you are, You feel better. I remember someone told me once, anyone you come into contact to they are either going to take an interest in what you are doing or they're going to grab a a cookie cutter and try to force it over your face (gotta think about that one). What you can do is keep on doing what you are doing, and when you're staying active, brimming with confidence and looking 100% better, people are either going to ask you to help them out or they'll find something else to try and beat you down with. Either way, YOU will feel much better.

BKilla_13
07-13-2009, 08:05 AM
That right there is the reason I never talk about losing weight with other people. In a couple months you will see the difference and they will to. Personally I like it when somebody says I cant do something I dont why it just makes me work extra hard.

eyk269
07-13-2009, 08:16 AM
stop livin for other people...live for yourself...

Tom2014
01-26-2014, 03:09 PM
I recently dropped about 5 pounds and feel great.

eli12700
01-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Good job on the weight lose. As for your family just ignore them. They are jealous that you are trying to make a difference and succeeding. keep at it.

Leonida87
01-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Too bad family is like that. On the other hand, mine are too stubborn about eating lots of eggs, milk and if they find my creatine they will go berserk... Its the fear of unknown and disrespect of something they cant comprehend. Chill man, don't let them get to you.

CaptCam8
01-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Thats crazy the people closet choose to act like that. I know how you feel thought, its hard to have someone your close with not support you. At least you have good people on here that you can get the support from. We are all here for the same reason and its to get healthy, get fit, and make our lives better. Keep up the good work! Remember youre doing it for yourself and no one else. If you ever need some advice or just a friendly word, fill free to send a message. People who've been down that road understand, and ive been down that road.

Nicod3mus
01-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Very common. Misery loves company. I get the same thing from a lot of friends and family. It's not something they consciously do.... it's natural.

Blow it off...... and as the previous poster said. Do it for you.

CaliSpartan
01-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Keep on doing what you're doing. Don't pay them any attention because you're ultimately going to be in better physical shape than they are. You'll end up being an example to them, whether they admit it or not. You're trying to make your body better, make yourself feel healthy. You shouldnt worry about what Uncle Jim says.