PDA

View Full Version : Functonality - my unexpected source of motivation

Theo1712
07-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi there,

I have always been an indoor nerd. I have never participated in sports as some of my classmates - I never did soccer, handball or athletics. I was addicted to indoor activities such as playing computer games etc. Don't get me wrong - I don't regret my past. My gaming brought me several things; fx I had no problems during the English lessons compared to my mates without language stimulant.

Suddenly my time in primary school was over. It was time to move on to college. During the summer holiday I started thinking of which first impression my new classmates would get from me the first day. It was not the impression that I would like to start out with - I decided to change.

Now my first year of training has past. My mission throughout the year was to pack on mass - gain muscle. That was basicly it. I didn't care about my performance in any kind of sport. Why should that matter to me?

Recently I've felt a setback in my training. I felt stuck. Something was missing.

A trip to Sweden with my friend and his family ended up being my turningpoint. We basicly just did sports and had a great time for one week. That was all I needed. All I needed to realize that its not just about packing on mass. Its about being able to increase perfomance level and well-being while building mass.

This new idea of functionality has filled out the emptyness of my training. That was the key I have been looking for. Suddenly every rep, every set and every nutritional consumption serves a greater goal.

I can only advise you guys, who aren't familiar with sports, to go out there and harvest the benefits of your training.

I hope my thoughts call for reflection.

Kind regards,

Theo

JolietKev
07-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Glad you have found a source of motivation.

low430
07-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Glad you have found a source of motivation.

for sure man, one thing that actually helped my leg training was my short height combined with my low jump. After training pretty hard I have gained 4-5 inches of jump while adding muscle mass to my body. I work out to be the best I can be. Even though I am hitting the weights hard to pack on mass, I stretch and keep my focus on being Agile & Strong, Strength is nothing without agility IMHO