PDA

View Full Version : For all of you injured people...

surfboarder
07-10-2009, 04:56 PM
That are CONSTANTLY dwelling on your injury... Don't do it. I know it may seem easier said than done but honestly, it seriously prolongs your injury and prevents you from achieving your goals. In February, I injured my back deadlifting and when I went to the doctor, I found out that I had a bulging disc. When I found out I had a disc issue, I got so ****in down on myself that I turned this slight issue into a massive problem in my mind. I was thinking about it so much and being so negative that I really feel as this probably could have gotten better in a month or 2 tops, if I hadn't been beating myself up over it so badly. But I didn't, It took up until about a month ago, I had an epiphany (if you will) and I decided to stop acting like it was the end of the world and go through the proper motions to get better and most importantly, at the same time , keep my mind occupied with much more positive things, and though I was pessimistic in the beginning , I am now SHOCKED, at how much a positive attitude has helped me to a 90 % recovery. I say 90% because now that I have learned my lesson , I choose not to exert myself to the absolute max, or at least until I am comfortable doing so. I'm happy to say that, I am now working 3 summer jobs( 2 are hard physical labor and the other is bouncing) and bringing home almost a 1k a week, and I don't even have to, but I am just that motivated to keep myself busy and keep my mind off of the negative stuff. I am functioning as if I have never injured my back in the first place and I am just in awe that something so simple as changing your attitude can have such a positive effect on everything in life, that I really felt the need to share my thoughts with people because I know exactly what you guys are going through and at sometimes, you may feel hopeless like I did, but maybe this post will help you change your mindset to get back to a full recovery. Good luck everyone

dishalish
07-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey props to you for turning it around and making the positive out of the dark. Good luck to you and keep pulling in the dough! Injuries suck...finishing up healing from a Grade 2 AC Seperation, but hey you just gotta keep on going and do what you can do.

StuartH.
07-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Agree 100%. My right arm was giving me grief for a few months but I kept going and now its my more dominate hand.