PDA

View Full Version : Binging at night, any solutions?

Fusion_QA
07-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Basically I wake up between 2-5am and eat a bowl of cereal, although this cereal isn't that bad for you it can't be good what i'm doing and my body is telling me something.

What should I eat before bed to stop this? I think Casein but half the sites say it causes/promotes cancer?

sperryrocks
07-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Basically I wake up between 2-5am and eat a bowl of cereal, although this cereal isn't that bad for you it can't be good what i'm doing and my body is telling me something.

What should I eat before bed to stop this? I think Casein but half the sites say it causes/promotes cancer?

A bowl of cereal is binging? Remind me to NEVER invite you along to a cheat meal...It would be the most depressing time of my life.

dimasso69
07-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Do you know what the definition of a binge is?
1. a period or bout, usually brief, of excessive indulgence, as in eating, drinking alcoholic beverages, etc.; spree.

Basically Eating ALOT..one bowl of cereal is not a binge..if u dont want to have the cereal at this time as part of your diet..then dont eat it..i mean if u wanna control hunger more eat foods of more volume, like fruits--Berries
Almonds are also great for curbing hunger..or any nut.

And casein promotes cancer?...no it's not necessary to have but idk about it promoting cancer..seems like everything causes cancer these days.

Fusion_QA
07-09-2009, 12:24 PM
A bowl of cereal is binging? Remind me to NEVER invite you along to a cheat meal...It would be the most depressing time of my life.

Whatever you want to call it, I don't like waking up at 3am almost every night to eat.. would you?

papasmurf2217
07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Your body is telling you that you're eating so little during the day that it needs to wake itself up from something so important as sleep to tell you to feed it. How many cals are you taking in per day anyways?

svillasenor
07-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Whatever you want to call it, I don't like waking up at 3am almost every night to eat.. would you?

actually i do, 2 tbsp of pb and a shake, out like a baby. eat more then. if you cant help your self and you just eat it is probably because your body really needs it. who gives a hell.

Fusion_QA
07-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Your body is telling you that you're eating so little during the day that it needs to wake itself up from something so important as sleep to tell you to feed it. How many cals are you taking in per day anyways?

I measured for about 3 weeks and I was taking in 2200-2300 which was by design to lose weight, my maintenance was 2500 I believe.

This is probably because I workout 5pm - 6pm then have a shake at 630pm and a small meal at 730pm but I don't go to sleep until 2am. That's a big gap, I do realize this.

It's because I just graduated to I get up late as well, my whole schedule is shifted forward a few hours. Regardless I need something to eat around 10pm I would assume which would stop me from waking up and eating early in the morning.

railgunner22
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Instead of the cereal, brush your teeth instead.

papasmurf2217
07-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I measured for about 3 weeks and I was taking in 2200-2300 which was by design to lose weight, my maintenance was 2500 I believe.

This is probably because I workout 5pm - 6pm then have a shake at 630pm and a small meal at 730pm but I don't go to sleep until 2am. That's a big gap, I do realize this.

It's because I just graduated to I get up late as well, my whole schedule is shifted forward a few hours. Regardless I need something to eat around 10pm I would assume which would stop me from waking up and eating early in the morning.

Focus most of your caloric intake around your workout, preworkout+postworkout. That's when your body needs it the most.

svillasenor
07-09-2009, 12:48 PM

maybe your calories are off what you expected them to be. regardless, if you have to just take a shake, add some other things if you wish, but when I am confused a lil like that I ust take a shake real quick. usually works.

sunngodd
07-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I binged on 5 ritz crackers an hour ago. Should I skip dinner?

dimasso69
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I binged on 5 ritz crackers an hour ago. Should I skip dinner?

well that means no carbs for dinner, sorry, just plain chicken breast for you tonight.

Tanners21
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Cottage cheese and almonds before bed, or stop buying cereal, then you wont be able to have it.

rock201
07-09-2009, 02:18 PM

was about to say that.

txhockeyplaya19
07-09-2009, 02:50 PM
casein will cause cancer... youve got to be kidding me dude?

it was probably some experiment done on rats or something, statistics are the biggest lies man.

once a study "proved" that 7UP caused cancer, but the truth was it had to be consumed at the most ridiculous amount, im talking liters upon liters a day for years. probably the same concept with casein, so no... a casein shake in the middle of the night is not going to "kill" you

On Fire
07-09-2009, 03:33 PM

If casein causes cancer, you should have your cereal with water.

dat
07-09-2009, 04:20 PM
If casein causes cancer, you should have your cereal with water.

I'd rather have cancer.

IGF-WON
07-09-2009, 04:50 PM
let me guess.... its telling you its (you are) hungry. if you want to eat, do it and dont feel guilty. Otherwise dont eat the cereal. Its not like someone has a gun to your head making you eat (i hope)

I think Casein but half the sites say it causes/promotes cancer?

i bet stressing about it could also cause cancer

Mr13percent
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd rather have cancer.
lol this

wu_renegade
07-09-2009, 04:57 PM
put a jar almonds or some pb beside your bed? I dunno man.

jayce_p
07-09-2009, 05:01 PM
just go back to sleep? you dont need to get up and have it, especially if it makes u feel guilty