PDA

View Full Version : Temper control in the gym

Koncept
07-09-2009, 10:40 AM
How much is too much? Who likes to lose their temper a bit because it feels good? I'm talking about getting a lil' too crunk from their music. Shadow boxing between sets, etc.. Has anyone ever been told to calm down? Has anyone ever intimidated anybody else? Who likes to keep it reserved, when working out? What's the furthest you ever took yourself?

wrecking_ball
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't get too crazy but I do like feeling it when you get that surge of pure energy going throughout your entire body from your chest into your arms and legs and into your mind. I don't feel crazy doing it but I know ill start pacing real fast and bouncing around and I try to avoid looking at anything because I want to keep an image burning in my head to get a set im excited about going.

I think any time I set a PR on squats or bench I pretty much get up with a loud and thunderous WOOOO and an obnoxious high five. Thats my limits there though lol.

Human Rocket
07-09-2009, 02:32 PM
How much is too much? Who likes to lose their temper a bit because it feels good? I'm talking about getting a lil' too crunk from their music. Shadow boxing between sets, etc.. Has anyone ever been told to calm down? Has anyone ever intimidated anybody else? Who likes to keep it reserved, when working out? What's the furthest you ever took yourself?

This would probably be frowned upon at the gym I go to. There are some big guys there but it's not really a "hardcore" gym if you know what I mean.

EdgarAllanPoe
07-09-2009, 02:56 PM
i hate people who shadow box and do that little hop around ****

wrecking_ball
07-09-2009, 03:04 PM

You might wanna get that checked out, shouldn't bother you too bad that people are pumped to be lifting. Challenging my body is the highlight of each day that I am in the gym so im always pretty excited to be in there. What bothers me is people who go to the gym that obviously don't wanna be there, share in others energy theres no one to impress in the gym but yourself!

Meshane
07-09-2009, 04:58 PM

Agreed.

StuartH.
07-09-2009, 07:23 PM
When guys do their jump around and little show it makes them look a little silly acutally, or at least it does to me. Best to keep it to yourself.

Koncept
07-09-2009, 07:32 PM
You might wanna get that checked out, shouldn't bother you too bad that people are pumped to be lifting. Challenging my body is the highlight of each day that I am in the gym so im always pretty excited to be in there. What bothers me is people who go to the gym that obviously don't wanna be there, share in others energy theres no one to impress in the gym but yourself!

Yeah I just can't stay bottled up. It's not natural. I gotta release some kind of expression. The more I can freely express myself the better. WHY do people hate seeing a person shadow box hop around, especially if that person is just being themselves? Why should someone stay to themselves?

lucky_l3fty
07-09-2009, 07:53 PM
i don't mind. I love the high energy feeling in the gym.

wrecking_ball
07-09-2009, 08:04 PM
i don't mind. I love the high energy feeling in the gym.

Same its contagious and it gets me fired up!

Breezay
07-09-2009, 08:46 PM

i don't mind it...but intimidating others? that's called being a douche

wrecking_ball
07-09-2009, 09:50 PM
i don't mind it...but intimidating others? that's called being a douche

Lol, could you imagine if that shadow boxer was jumping up in front of you or someone else shadow boxing in your face. I wouldn't know what to think of that lol.

Andrew_WOT
07-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Same here, another reason to move into home gym.

shadowstrength
07-09-2009, 10:34 PM
as long as the people in the gym are motivated and having a good time, a could care less what they are doing.
...as long as there is no homo activities going on, or intentiual intimidation, or pissing me off on purpose
lol

Agreed.

When guys do their jump around and little show it makes them look a little silly acutally, or at least it does to me. Best to keep it to yourself.

Same here, another reason to move into home gym.

...y do u guys care, as long as they arent in ur face? ..easily intimidated fellas?..eh? yes, no, mayb...
ahah

wrecking_ball
07-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Yea I really don't understand why it gets people upset, whats more fun and motivating :

Stopping yourself while you are having a good time and feeling pumped or letting yourself go and feeling that fire spread through your entire body until you feel like a freaking atomic bomb ready to explode on your lifts?

smokeater
07-10-2009, 12:08 AM

Shadow boxing is appropriate behavior for a boxing or MMA gym. It's generally a sign of inexperience and a lack of seriousness when it's done in a bodybuilding/weight lifting gym. If somebody does it 10 seconds prior to a set, fine, I can see how that would help your lift. But otherwise it's just wasting a lot of energy that could be put to a lot better use when you're moving around iron. It's just annoying. You don't go to football practice to practice your golf swing so why do the equivalent in a gym?