PDA

View Full Version : Frustrations and Questions; once and for all, so we all know.

Thisisaline
07-09-2009, 10:24 AM
THE FRUSTRATIONS

Hey guys, i started training about 4-5 years ago, but my progress has really suffered some setbacks. I had to do national service for 2 years that pretty much halted a proper workout plan. After that, i got a virus that gave me gastritis and stopped me from training for a few months. I got back to the working out proper for awhile but have spent the past few months recovering from surgery on my groin.

Now, after all that time, it just seems that progress has consequently been minimal and, to perhaps put things in some perspective, i'm already almost 24. I'm starting again with a clean bill of health, but i really need some words of encouragement.

THE QUESTION

Having said all that, i'm 6 foot, about 175 pounds and i just want to know ONCE AND FOR ALL, generally speaking, is a good workout plan and diet coupled with mass gainer and whey protein enough for that 'male model look'? Is there anything else necessary?

QuadR
07-09-2009, 12:38 PM
It sounds to me that your goal is "lean mass" if that is the case, I suggest you take a look at the lean mass diet by scivation. It has good information regarding diet and workout. Ultimately, you need to be focused, dedicated to your progress and the strive for success. Without these, you are pissing in the wind, excuse the expression. It all ends up with you, do YOU have what it takes to make YOU happy. Good Luck!!

Thisisaline
07-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey QuadR, thanks alot.. Yea, lean mass is exactly what i'm looking for and in fact i have been referring to the lean mass diet by scivation.

As for that expression, i've always thought it's a funny one, haah..

Thanks a lot again for your helpful words

RLara85
07-10-2009, 12:24 PM
The only things needed:

1. A real understanding of how muscle is built, how it is destroyed, how it is maintained. A good idea of homeostasis and adaptation theories. Then applying this knowledge.
2. A REALLY good understanding of your body, you absolutely have to be certain of your caloric maintenance level (at which point you neither gain nor lose anything), don't just guess. From there it's just a matter of splitting your food into macros, adjusting the level depending on your goal and then sticking to that every single day (write it all down! no guessing).

People who don't see results are always missing one or both of these, usually the second. It doesn't matter if you want to be a model or some freak of nature, you can't get around the above two.

Thisisaline
07-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Hey RLara, yea i understand what you're getting at.. I totally agree with you and have been trying to learn more in both areas. Now i just wanna keep on going from there. Big thanks.