PDA

View Full Version : Im new here and need some help!

klg120
07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
hi everyone, im new to this site and was lookin for a little help gettin motivated and some

advice if all possible. A little info on myself, im 30yrs, 6'1, 240lbs, 30% bodyfat, and my

waist measurement around my stomach and love handles is 46 inches. i used to be in

decent shape but over the last few years ive just completely fell off. i recently got

engaged and i have a four yr old and my fiancee is do in sept. getting this far out of shape

has really put in some kind of depression mode, and i need to snap out of it. im so embarassed

that i wont even go swimming or take my shirt off. lost my motivation

somewhere. any advice on getting it back and getting on track. i would like to be around

200-205lbs with alot less bodyfat, somewhere around 15-18% seems reasonable. hope this

wasnt to long of a post, if it was let me know. thanks alot

davebar
07-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Welcome, you should find lot of tips and info from the regular posters here.

But getting to your question, read this:
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/tips-for-burning-fat.html

I thought this article was pretty good and hit on a lot of key points to keep in mind.

Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day
Keep your protein intake high
Keep your carbohydrate intake low
Drink plenty of water throughout the day
Don't eat carbohydrates before bed
Incorporate cardio training into your weekly routine
Don't snack betweek meals
Get plenty of sleep every night (including weekends!)

furyhockey
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Not sure if this was already said but things that help me stay motivated:

GET IN A ROUTINE! You will slowly lose junk food cravings if you stick to a routine for about 6-7 days. This doesnt mean you cant have a "cheat meal" ever but try to stick to once a week, make it a saturday night or sunday so you feel you've accomplished something during the week.

Cook meals ahead of time and place in tupperwear so there ready to go and eat so you don't need to think about what to eat and end up getting lazy and making something you shouldn't.
For me, I take a pre-workout product which gives me an extra "boost" in the gym and helps me focus and energized for my workout to power through it. (example: Controlled labs White Flood, BSN N.O. Xplode, USP Jack3d etc) They really help me stay motivated.
And its simply the WILL and SELF-DISCIPLINE to just say I'm sick of this, and this is what's gonna happen! It's all in your head!