PDA

View Full Version : do serious bodybuilders enjoy the lifestyle?

Mr. sPECtacular
07-08-2009, 08:32 PM
ok i mean SERIOUS Bodybuilders, not just lifting. The people who have vitamins, powders, have their diet written in stone, eating every 3 hours and keeping such a schedule that their social life and jobs get in the way. im not slamming the sport, i just want to know if bb's enjoy the lifestyle and what it is that drives them. i myself was only lifting to get stronger, and bigger. then i got into a little bit of nutrition and then into some routines. as i get more serious about lifting, i wonder what it is that bodybuilders enjoy so much about such a lifestyle.i dont hate my lifestyle, but then again im not a bodybuilder.

roman209
07-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Your young and your a new lifter.

The answer is yes, they love doing it so much they sacrifice everything else.

imTKain
07-09-2009, 07:35 AM
I personally love it. I've been serious about it for three months. Cutting/Bulking, powders, supplements, diet set in stone, intense workouts, cutting away from social and family events to hit them gym, etc. People may not always understand, but the results speak for themselves. I love my daily routine and don't plan on changing it any time soon.

UCFBuilder
07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
i have only competed in 2 shows....but i know that im in this for life..and i plan on turning pro..whether its a natural pro or not...i will turn pro one day..but to answer ur question...i absolutley love the lifestyle...i love everything about it...i love having a new goal or something to be able to achieve everyday i wake up...whether it be in the gym breaking new lifting records or in the mirror seeing that u have gotten bigger or leaner....i dont mind giving up what i have to to live this life...as long as i can continue to go to the gym and get that feeling that we get while were lifting..cant realy explain the feeling either..but if u have felt it u know what im talking about...im fine giving up what i have to

nano.ix
07-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Why does 'serious' entitle supplements, eating every 3 hours etc etc?
these are not needed, you can easily enjoy your life while still training hard and eating properly. Advertising & brologic really skews the perception of bodybuilding IMO.

localstommy
07-10-2009, 01:42 AM
I got so serious I bring my food in school and eat it during class, protein and everything. Stay up just to prepare my meal the next morning. So serious told my bestfriends, I'm done, only holding me back from my dream. LONE wolf. The journey is always you and you only.

I agree with "imTKain" we sacrefise so much cause the result speak for itself. It shows us that our sacrefice is worth it, so we sacrefise more. The gym is our escape from reality =].

AniMaLizTik
07-10-2009, 11:35 AM
It's not the actual tedious, mind numbing rituals that you enjoy. It's the victory, the accomplishment, the knowing that you are in control of how you feel and how you look. When you wake up in the morning and know that yesterday you nailed your macros, lifted more weight than you ever have before in the gym, look better than you ever have in the mirror, and feel better than you ever have before, you can't wait to do it again.

Most people can only dream of having the passion and desire necessary to do this. It would be so easy to just....not do any of it. live a normal life, get old, have no passion, no goals, and just die. that sounds depressing as hell to me

RLara85
07-10-2009, 12:40 PM
ok i mean SERIOUS Bodybuilders, not just lifting. The people who have vitamins, powders, have their diet written in stone, eating every 3 hours and keeping such a schedule that their social life and jobs get in the way. im not slamming the sport, i just want to know if bb's enjoy the lifestyle and what it is that drives them. i myself was only lifting to get stronger, and bigger. then i got into a little bit of nutrition and then into some routines. as i get more serious about lifting, i wonder what it is that bodybuilders enjoy so much about such a lifestyle.i dont hate my lifestyle, but then again im not a bodybuilder.

It takes me 5 seconds to take a vitamin, 5 minutes to make and drink a protein shake, 15 minutes to eat a meal 5-7 times a day. It really doesn't add up to much work at all. I hardly even think about it, I'm doing what I enjoy and I like being good at things so I'll put in what it takes.

A lot of people are "ok" at something, then there's a select few that are really damn good at it. What separates the two is not luck or anything else, it's consistency and real dedication. If taking a vitamin (which everyone should be doing anyway) seems like hard work, I don't know what to say, that's probably about as simple as something's going to get.

AniMaLizTik
07-10-2009, 12:49 PM
It takes me 5 seconds to take a vitamin, 5 minutes to make and drink a protein shake, 15 minutes to eat a meal 5-7 times a day. It really doesn't add up to much work at all. I hardly even think about it, I'm doing what I enjoy and I like being good at things so I'll put in what it takes.

A lot of people are "ok" at something, then there's a select few that are really damn good at it. What separates the two is not luck or anything else, it's consistency and real dedication. If taking a vitamin (which everyone should be doing anyway) seems like hard work, I don't know what to say, that's probably about as simple as something's going to get.

I don't think doing anything for bodybuilding is difficult, it's more of what you can't do and the sacrafices you have to make that most are not willing to give up. to name a few: partying, desserts, fast food, proper sleep, skipping workouts, etc

1QWIK7
07-10-2009, 04:57 PM
My answer would be yes and no.

My goal isnt as dramatic as most. I intended to start slow and watch my body slowly build to my goal, which still by now is a question.

It sucks trying to make an excuse not to go out, because i have to rush home from work to work out.

Sometimes i would forget to take vitamins cause i left it at home, sometimes i would skip a meal cause i was busy. Its really hard.

Especially for me cause im trying to gain MASS and muscle at the same time. So everything i take in, is very cricital.

I find myself struggling to break goals because its basically maintenance i am fighting against. I cant even maintain without struggling.

For those who care, i started working out, at a slow pace, in feb 2006. I was 5'9 136lbs back then.

Right now im 162lbs. Sometimes in the morning i would see like 161lbs, sometimes even 160lbs if i have a long sleep. Sometimes i can peak about 166lbs in the middle of the day. (yes i know thats from food and water).

My goal, because doctor said i have big bones, i would have to be about 185lbs to have the goal i want. I just wanna have the body of a boxer. Not too big, not too skinny. I dont wanna be that skinny muscle type guy either. i wanna have some thickness to me.