PDA

View Full Version : For the love of the game!?

furyhockey
07-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I just wanted to share my personal opinion on bodybuilding. I have been training for about 3+ years started from playing hockey but then started bodybuilding and dieting about 1.5 years ago. I wanted to do a show early 2010 but sat down with my dad and he brought up a pretty good point. For so much time and dedication and MONEY (groceries, supps etc) you will spend leading up to the competition which I cant even imagine from groceries alone all you get rewarded for (atleast like NPC comp) is a trophy? It makes me kind of mad because I really wanted to get into this but am I missing something? Are all amateur comps just awarded trophies?

mfhockey18
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
i dont bodybuild, i train for hockey. but the way i would look at it, is that its for the love of the game, or in your case it should be for the satisfaction of winning and how much you love to bodybuild. if your concerned with only getting a trophy or money, i say your in it for the wrong reasons.

furyhockey
07-09-2009, 06:09 AM
It just blows my mind on the amount of money that goes into it and with just a trophy in return sounds kinda bush

CrazyEnough
07-09-2009, 06:15 AM
A bodybuilding competition and the lifestyle in general has nothing to do with the trophy, prize, etc (were not talking of those who makes this a living here, but for all of us mortals lol) Its all about the journey, the challenge...Thats where the reward is found... Imagine not placing or winning, then theres no plastic trophy or glory; can u still find satisfaction in your accomplishment? Thats the real question!

IROCthe5.7L
07-09-2009, 06:16 AM
It blows my mind that for someone to acheive something they feel the need to be paid. Just enjoy the accomplishment.

Jfunkhouser
07-09-2009, 07:39 AM
It just blows my mind on the amount of money that goes into it and with just a trophy in return sounds kinda bush

I kind of agree with you there. Maybe you'll get in a magazine or something ?? Aim HIGH

furyhockey
07-09-2009, 09:34 AM
That's a good point I guess you could get into fitness modeling but I'm sure its kinda like getting job. Gotta know someone that knows someone. Anyway, It kinda just bums me out thought I'd bring it up.