PDA

View Full Version : Replacing PB with Nutella?

initialize
07-08-2009, 07:48 AM
I tried Nutella for the first time yesterday, and it was friggin awesome. Could I replace the peanut butter in my diet with it? It has a little less protein and a little less fat, but other than that it doesn't look too unhealthy. (oh noez the sugar = insulin spike)

fishscale4sale
07-08-2009, 07:50 AM
It's ok in moderation. Nutella is very nutrition-dense like pb, so go easy on it. It is tasty...

Simmo0508
07-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Peanut butter is better. Ditch the nutella. It's a kid's food :P

mark2dx
07-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Hard to go overboard on Nutella, it's too sweet in excess and can make you sick. A jar of PB on the otherhand...:D.

abergirl
07-08-2009, 08:50 AM
I tried Nutella for the first time yesterday, and it was friggin awesome. Could I replace the peanut butter in my diet with it? It has a little less protein and a little less fat, but other than that it doesn't look too unhealthy. (oh noez the sugar = insulin spike)

Nutella is the bomb. I like using both on and off depending on what I'm in the mood for.

double gonad
07-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Hard to go overboard on Nutella, it's too sweet in excess and can make you sick. A jar of PB on the otherhand...:D.

You tried PB Co. Cinnamon Raisin peanut butter? Though I normally eat some pb every day, I'm not the pb freak like a lot of people seem to be, but this stuff...I could eat a jar in one sitting for sure.

abergirl
07-08-2009, 09:34 AM
You tried PB Co. Cinnamon Raisin peanut butter? Though I normally eat some pb every day, I'm not the pb freak like a lot of people seem to be, but this stuff...I could eat a jar in one sitting for sure.

I actually heard that the cinnamon raisin was so-so. I'm dying to try dark chocolate dreams or mighty maple.

xl Achilles lx
07-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I actually heard that the cinnamon raisin was so-so. I'm dying to try dark chocolate dreams or mighty maple.

Go with the Mighty Maple, it's their best flavor hands down.

abergirl
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Go with the Mighty Maple, it's their best flavor hands down.

Mighty maple + waffles... I would die and go to peanut butter heaven!

Big_Spaz
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't think Nutella should take the place of PB. But you can definitely mix it in from time to time to switch things up.

-Spaz

snorkelman
07-08-2009, 10:24 AM
2 Tbspns of Jiff natural has 7 grams of carbs, 3 grams sugar. Nutella has 23 grams carbs, and a whopping 20 grams of sugars.

If you read the website you think, "gee, nutella seems pretty healthy. They boast that each jar contains 50 hazelnuts." But then you look at the ingredients and see that the #1 ingredient is.

sugar.

Nutella ingredients: sugar, modified palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey (from milk), soy lecithin: an emulsifier, vanillin: an artificial flavor

So, while I am not a person who views sugar as the devil, you would be misguided to think that nutella is anywhere on par with peanut butter.

abergirl
07-08-2009, 10:28 AM
2 Tbspns of Jiff natural has 7 grams of carbs, 3 grams sugar. Nutella has 23 grams carbs, and a whopping 20 grams of sugars.

If you read the website you think, "gee, nutella seems pretty healthy. They boast that each jar contains 50 hazelnuts." But then you look at the ingredients and see that the #1 ingredient is.

sugar.

Nutella ingredients: sugar, modified palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey (from milk), soy lecithin: an emulsifier, vanillin: an artificial flavor

So, while I am not a person who views sugar as the devil, you would be misguided to think that nutella is anywhere on par with peanut butter.

and i love how they make a point to use skim milk. :)

ErickStevens
07-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I actually heard that the cinnamon raisin was so-so.

I keep hearing this, but it's easily my favorite. Out of the ones I've tried, I'd rank them:

1. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl
2. Mighty Maple
3. Bee Knees
4. Dark Chocolate
5. White Chocolate

bigdan
07-08-2009, 10:49 AM

sugar.

yeah it's sugar and fat- doesn't belong in a bodybuilders diet... occasionally as a treat OK but aside from that no.

peteyyytran
07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
yeah it's sugar and fat- doesn't belong in a bodybuilders diet... occasionally as a treat OK but aside from that no.

Fats ok if you are on keto :) sugar is always looked down upon though. I asked my co worker to take a look at his nutella and it is jam packed with tons of sugar... natty peanut butter all the way :) Taste great anyways, I want to look into these other peanut butter co stuff though looks legit.