PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo

justown182
07-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Figure, tattoo would be a nice motivate cause ive always wanted to get one and never have done it because i dont want my skin to stretch ect....well anyone got ideas for a tattoo symbolizing weight loss ect? Figure ill get one when i hit my first goal of about 220 if im happy with how im looking.

du3ce
07-07-2009, 11:04 PM
i dont think it will shrink when u lose weight

TaticalFighting
07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Figure, tattoo would be a nice motivate cause ive always wanted to get one and never have done it because i dont want my skin to stretch ect....well anyone got ideas for a tattoo symbolizing weight loss ect? Figure ill get one when i hit my first goal of about 220 if im happy with how im looking.

generally speaking a tat will go along with the muscle build and or fat loss... just depends if you do it right or wrong, if you loose lets say 40lbs in 3 months.. then pry will have loose skin.... somewhere... if you do it right it will go with you... idea i mean bro.. that is only something that you will know... When I got my goal of my first win in the Carolinas... infront of a Marine base... Im a former jar head... I got my dog tags on my chest with the neck all the way around... i mean that was special for me... but i mean thats all on you bro

JuniorFallu
07-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Naw man I am sure you can get it now if you wanted 2.... theres this guy in my team and he cut alto of weight(had tattoo when he was bigger) and to be honest the tattoo i find looks even better now that he's way smaller and jacked

justown182
07-07-2009, 11:11 PM
well mainly, i want to wait just to have it as a motivator....and im not someone who is going to go out and get BADASS across my forehead...i want a tattoo to actually mean something to me. just lookin for some thoughts, prob wouldnt use anythin exactly what someone said but it could spark another idea idk. thanks for the info tho guys.

AirmanBrah19
07-08-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm gonna get a skull with wings and USAF on the top to signify my weight loss. I lost 65 lbs to get into the air force

tjr5150
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm not saying this is what you need to get but, a phoenix to me sounds kinda what your idea is portraying to me. Do a google search on a phoenix and you'll see what I mean.
Good luck on whatever your choice is.

Mr_Kinney
07-09-2009, 07:33 AM
my phoenix is fairly new. Think I have a pic in my progress pics.

AtleastItried
07-09-2009, 07:39 AM
I have a good sized tattoo on my thigh that I had when I was around 270, and i'm now 220ish and it looks fine =P

Unless you're getting a tat on your stomach or something I don't think it will be a big issue =)

justown182
07-09-2009, 01:44 PM
phoenix is a good idea, its kinda what im going for, just looking for something that symbolizes all my hard work ect. Any symbols ect that mean strength willpower, rebirth...anything like that would be appreciated.

swindled
07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
phoenix is a good idea, its kinda what im going for, just looking for something that symbolizes all my hard work ect. Any symbols ect that mean strength willpower, rebirth...anything like that would be appreciated.

Have you thought of works of art, or literature that you really relate to? For my "rebirth" tattoo I am taking the Robert Frost poem Nothing Gold Can Stay (probably sadder than what you are looking for), and creating a sleeve based around the poem.

Maybe even just google image the words that you were talking about, rebirth, willpower, strength, etc and see if anything that comes up inspires you.

You could use:

A tiger to represent strength.
lotus, flames, to represent rebirth. Although, I think most people go for the phoenix, as it probably has the most meaning to it.

justown182
07-10-2009, 11:52 AM
only problem with the phoenix is i think ill need a really good tattoo artist to be happy with the outcome, i dont want a mediocre looking phoenix layed out on my arm haha.....but i like the idea, and ive seen some really sick looking ones done.

swindled
07-10-2009, 01:38 PM
only problem with the phoenix is i think ill need a really good tattoo artist to be happy with the outcome, i dont want a mediocre looking phoenix layed out on my arm haha.....but i like the idea, and ive seen some really sick looking ones done.

Definitely agree that you need to like the artist and their work portfolio before you get the work done. Where are you from??

Im assuming this is your first tattoo. Go into parlors in your area, bring pictures of pheonix's that you like, and tattoo styles that you like. Talk to the artist about hours, cost etc. Also ask about their sterilization procedures, and ask to see the autoclave. Make sure you feel at ease, if you don't then leave and go somewhere else.

Also, if they are offering you a too good to be true deal, be very cautious. Sometimes the artists are just really nice, and sometimes they just cant offer a good product (I got my first tattoo done for about $400 less than it should have cost...but the artist was nice and knew I was a student with very little funds).

I generally recommend asking friends who have tattoos, and going by word of mouth. All of my tattoos I have done in studios that my friends have gotten tattoos in, and will swear by the parlor.

cadre
07-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Okay, as far as the OP goes, I don't have tattoos for my fitness motivation but I do have a couple tattoos. As long as you're not losing or gaining weight at unhealthy rates, your skin should be okay.

One thing to consider though is that you will have to let the tattoo heal. You shouldn't be sweating a lot when you have a new tattoo and you also shouldn't expose it to gym equipment because it can easily get infected. I had my back piece done last summer and I had to take time off every two weeks while I was getting it done (took about 2.5 months). The last thing you want to do is get a killer tattoo and then mess it up because you don't take the right steps to let it heal.

The way I found my tattoo artist was just by asking people who had really good tattoos. Not people who thought they had good tattoos, (because people seem to think their tattoos are better than they are) but ones that I saw that had a lot of detail and smooth lines. If you don't trust an artist, make sure they trace and image rather than free-handing it. Also see if the artist will draw the tattoo out for you, if they draw something for you that you really like, that's a good sign.

justown182
07-11-2009, 09:49 AM
im from central illinois, and to be honest the only reason im waiting is because its sort of...motivational...im not goin to get the tattoo till i feel like im comfortable with my weight. sort of like a reward. And yes its going to be my first tattoo, ive wanted ne for years but im not goin to get something i will regret. any idea how much a good artist charges for somethin that takes up most the shoulder / upper bicep.

cadre
07-11-2009, 03:57 PM
im from central illinois, and to be honest the only reason im waiting is because its sort of...motivational...im not goin to get the tattoo till i feel like im comfortable with my weight. sort of like a reward. And yes its going to be my first tattoo, ive wanted ne for years but im not goin to get something i will regret. any idea how much a good artist charges for somethin that takes up most the shoulder / upper bicep.
That depends a lot on the artist. If the artist is in it for the money you could pay more than 200 per hour. My artist changes his rates based on whether he likes you or not. I paid 20 per hour, but I was told he charged 250 once.

The location also has a lot to do with it, Phoenix artists charge more than ones 2 hours away in Flagstaff (smaller town).

justown182
07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
ive also been lookin into maybe some words in script, or maybe a bible verse....or anything thats motivational....idk just looking into alot of ideas......still looking for more, keep em coming!

SniktByKB
07-13-2009, 07:27 PM
ive also been lookin into maybe some words in script, or maybe a bible verse....or anything thats motivational....idk just looking into alot of ideas......still looking for more, keep em coming!

Got this done a couple of months ago!

fc05.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/165/e/2/Carpe_Diem_on_Skin_by_kiranb28.jpg

(can't post links :/)

GN0L
07-14-2009, 01:54 AM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2046/y24trhw.png (http://img197.imageshack.us/i/y24trhw.png/)

justown182
07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Got this done a couple of months ago!

fc05.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/165/e/2/Carpe_Diem_on_Skin_by_kiranb28.jpg

(can't post links :/)

whats it say :D

Dogbreath
07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
well mainly, i want to wait just to have it as a motivator....and im not someone who is going to go out and get BADASS across my forehead...i want a tattoo to actually mean something to me. just lookin for some thoughts, prob wouldnt use anythin exactly what someone said but it could spark another idea idk. thanks for the info tho guys.

Just get "Bad Ass" on your ass. I was partying with some friends and that guy had his pants halfway down showing off his tattoo all night.

SniktByKB
07-15-2009, 10:12 AM
whats it say :D

Carpe Diem!

justown182
07-17-2009, 12:35 PM
nice thats a good one man, looks good.

Sceaf
07-17-2009, 10:55 PM
When I finish losing weight since I am going to japan for school 2 years minimum then my fate there is indefinate. I always wanted a tattoo that was patriotic and displayed my youth and power. An eagle with black feathers for me is the way to go. With a wingspan from shoulderblade to shoulderblade. All male bald eagles in thier youth have jet black feathers. To me the symbolism is important. But I want something to represent the entire anglosphere. When you there the english speakers have a large comradery so I am looking something that could represent US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Britain. Japanese are not racist by our definition. They discriminate based on culture. In the News they always seem compare themselves to either of these countries. Also to the Japanese. English is the hardest language in the world. To the younger generations they believe it is so difficult it it almost impossible to learn let alone master. So does anyone have any ideas how I can do that?

Jesstar
07-18-2009, 01:27 AM
you could go on holiday and get a maori tattoo in New Zealand, thats good motivation :D, good luck anyways, search maori tattoo on google i dont have enough posts to add a link :(

Jesstar
07-18-2009, 01:30 AM
That depends a lot on the artist. If the artist is in it for the money you could pay more than 200 per hour. My artist changes his rates based on whether he likes you or not. I paid 20 per hour, but I was told he charged 250 once.

The location also has a lot to do with it, Phoenix artists charge more than ones 2 hours away in Flagstaff (smaller town).

In New Zealand I had a mate that payed well over a grand for his tattoo, well worth it though, didnt ask him what he charged per hour but it took all day :S

Sceaf
07-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Really, Is there a symbol that can brings all of us english speakers together. We for the most part have a common heritage, history and language. I might become an expatriot in Japan and our common culture is very well respected in asia. Is there really anything that can do the job? Not alot of people understand my interest in this. I lived in Fukuoka for 6 months and there is always a large commradery for us english speakers. It is probably the language and history that kept us together. To the Japanese the United States and the former British empire was always admired so they tend to group us together. Also to them english is almost impossible to learn. It does take a person whos native in an asian language 3 times longer to get the same level of fluency in english than it takes for us to learn their language.

REPUBLICANHACK
07-18-2009, 11:41 AM
get the scales of justice.