PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting realism! (long)

Pierre23
07-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Recently I started bodybuilding for like the 4 times in 5 years and thinking about quitting again....the big problem is not my motivation, it kinda the opposite.

I know it seem funny but when I doing a new start at bodybuilding, I feel like I have to do everything, but I mean everything perfect to fit my training and recovery even tough I do not want to ever compete!

I always think of getting enough rest, not doing too much of other physical activity, getting my proteins, not eating too much to put extra pounds of fat on me, but the fact is that I eat much more when I not training and don't even get fatter so actually I not even eating enough to grow some muscles.

Ohh and my favorite: changing my routine every week because I THINK this new one may be better even tough I never stayed on the same routine more than 3 weeks! (I know, patetic).

It a kind of related anxiety to try to be too much perfect in this aspect and It drain my life and finally when I have enough I just quit and return to the joy of having nothing to watch over....but I know there has a way for me to stay the same funny/sane person I am and STILL training 3 or 4 time a week but I cannot find anything to put my mind into that. Anyone got any tricks for me? Sorry for the crappy sentences, english not my first language.

CEPCNC
07-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Do you have a workout partner ? they are a great tool to keep you heading in the right direction and keep your focus on the task at hand.

chodan9
07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
consistency is your friend.
Create a plan and stick to it, even if you think its not working, do it for 90 days.
do it when whether you feel like it or not.
plan it.
execute it consistently
build good habits.
ignore your impulse to stray to other routines.

Pierre23
07-07-2009, 09:14 PM
consistency is your friend.
Create a plan and stick to it, even if you think its not working, do it for 90 days.
do it when whether you feel like it or not.
plan it.
execute it consistently
build good habits.
ignore your impulse to stray to other routines.

Thx, that will help me staying on the road!

Tom2014
01-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Never quit.