PDA

View Full Version : Cholesterol in Eggs...

Fitzwell
07-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I am one of those people who loves their eggs, never really looked into the whole "just the egg whites", most days I will eat anywhere from 6-12 eggs, yokes included. Do I need to reconsider this? I know there is a considerable amount of cholesterol in eggs, but I don't know much about how cholesterol breaks down, good vs. bad, etc. Reps for helpful info

needanew1
07-07-2009, 04:15 PM
I am one of those people who loves their eggs, never really looked into the whole "just the egg whites", most days I will eat anywhere from 6-12 eggs, yokes included. Do I need to reconsider this? I know there is a considerable amount of cholesterol in eggs, but I don't know much about how cholesterol breaks down, good vs. bad, etc. Reps for helpful info

I've heard dietary cholesterol has no real effect on your bodys natural cholesterol levels. BUT I don't have a clue, nor do I have any supporting evidence to support this claim.

papasmurf2217
07-07-2009, 04:16 PM

You're fine. Eat up.

will-work4ANDRO
07-07-2009, 04:18 PM
the above poster is correct...dietary cholesterol is not thought to play a role in increasing serum cholesterol...trans/sat fats on the other hand do

Fitzwell
07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Alright, I appreciate it guys and all ye shall be repped

Dr. Horse
07-07-2009, 04:57 PM
What is an egg yoke?

dat
07-07-2009, 05:21 PM
It believe the egg yoke is what is used to manuever the egg as it flies out of the chicken's clacker.

jkastil223
07-07-2009, 05:30 PM

you should be fine, wouldnt hurt to get a lipid panel run for your LDL's and HDL's make sure the blood test mirrors the theory, but dang 12 full eggs a day i wish i had the macros for that, omlettes are one of the greatest things ever!!!!

Fitzwell
07-07-2009, 08:07 PM
you should be fine, wouldnt hurt to get a lipid panel run for your LDL's and HDL's make sure the blood test mirrors the theory, but dang 12 full eggs a day i wish i had the macros for that, omlettes are one of the greatest things ever!!!!

Ya I feel you, 12 eggs would only really be when I am on a carb cycling diet, and it is a low carb day. I keep fat high especially on those days. Normally it would be more like 4-6