PDA

View Full Version : There was no ressurection

slalomx2
07-06-2009, 08:37 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/5749555/Worlds-oldest-Bible-published-in-full-online.html

Looks like writers made it up in later editions of the bible.

Jesus failed.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 08:42 AM
lol u do know that it would just be one persons take on it right? the bible differs in scripture because different people wrote different things

jf1
07-06-2009, 08:42 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/5749555/Worlds-oldest-Bible-published-in-full-online.html

Jesus failed.

the message of jesus is still valid...some of it anyway.
its christianity that fails.

the hoax that has been perpetrated for 2000years has finally been unmasked.

how will they spin this?

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 08:43 AM

the hoax that has been perpetrated for 2000years has finally been unmasked.

how will they spin this?

nothings unmasked blah blah blah,

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 08:45 AM
I find it sad that people cannot follow the good message Jesus had without the supernatural claims.

Jesus had to say he was the son of God, otherwise people wouldn't have taken him seriously. Which is really sad.

You should follow his teachings because they are intrinsincly good ideas, not because "that's what god said to do".

LordDarwin
07-06-2009, 08:45 AM
In b4 Christian excuses.

slalomx2
07-06-2009, 08:46 AM
lol u do know that it would just be one persons take on it right? the bible differs in scripture because different people wrote different things

Fine. Pick the one the comforts you best.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 08:50 AM
I find it sad that people cannot follow the good message Jesus had without the supernatural claims.

Jesus had to say he was the son of God, otherwise people wouldn't have taken him seriously. Which is really sad.

You should follow his teachings because they are intrinsincly good ideas, not because "that's what god said to do".

so ur saying he had a good message yet had to lie.......which isnt good. Im sorry alot of people have alot of good ideas his message wasnt his but his fathers

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Fine. Pick the one the comforts you best.

i do

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 08:51 AM
so ur saying he had a good message yet had to lie.......which isnt good. Im sorry alot of people have alot of good ideas his message wasnt his but his fathers

you wouldn't follow his teachings if he wasn't the "son of god".

if some random guy sat down and wrote the same message as Jesus's you wouldn't follow it.

Jesus HAS to be the son of god in the eyes of his followers.

ZenBowman
07-06-2009, 08:52 AM

Correct. The messenger is correct, the followers corrupt his religion. What else is new?

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 08:53 AM

why would i? i follow his teachings because hes Gods son who knows everything. if i wanna go follow someone for just being a nice guy ill go follow buddah

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 08:54 AM
why would i? i follow his teachings because hes Gods son who knows everything. if i wanna go follow someone for just being a nice guy ill go follow buddah

That's exactly my point. You don't care about the message, you only care that is was spoken by the "son of god".

LordDarwin
i do
So you're admitting the Bible is not infallible?

And if so, then why believe it? If it is proven to be wrong, full of errors, internal & external contradictions, why believe it?

jordansrt
That's exactly my point. You don't care about the message, you only care that is was spoken by the "son of god".

What good is the message if it was said under false meaning by a false teacher?

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 08:55 AM
So you're admitting the Bible is not infallible?

And if so, then why believe it? If it is proven to be wrong, full of errors, internal & external contradictions, why believe it?

its not been proven wrong its only proven wrong by people who want to find fault with it and not look at the message

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 08:56 AM
What good is the message if it was said under false meaning by a false teacher?

Ask any parent here on R/P if they have lied to their own children in order to get them to behave.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Ask any parent here on R/P if they have lied to their own children in order to get them to behave.

not true, u dont have to lie to get anything

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 08:57 AM
not true, u dont have to lie to get anything

You are so naive. Why do I even respond to you.

ASK THE FORUM.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 08:57 AM
You are so naive. Why do I even respond to you.

ASK THE FORUM.

If u have to lie to ur kids to get them to behave ur a bad parent

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
If u have to lie to ur kids to get them to behave ur a bad parent

How the hell would you know?

DangerDan
07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
its not been proven wrong its only proven wrong by people who want to find fault with it and not look at the message
Rofl, so we should ignore the fallacies and just follow it blindly? Good call chief.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 08:59 AM
How the hell would you know?

because i am around babys everyday and i keep my 2 nieces everyday who are 4 and 6 and i have been with them since they were born and ive never had to lie to them to get them to behave

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:00 AM
because i am around babys everyday and i keep my 2 nieces everyday who are 4 and 6 and i have been with them since they were born and ive never had to lie to them to get them to behave

You're not a parent. Did Jesus tell you to be arrogant and full of know-it-all pride?

You're supposed to be humble and ask experienced people for advice.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Rofl, so we should ignore the fallacies and just follow it blindly? Good call chief.

follow what u want, people who seek problems will find them even if theirs explinations for them. any contradiction u find theirs sites to clear them up or tell you what the verse means

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:01 AM
You're not a parent.

sorry lying is not the answer no matter what

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:02 AM

you're an arrogant child.

jordansrt
You're not a parent. Did Jesus tell you to be arrogant and full of know-it-all pride?

You're supposed to be humble and ask experienced people for advice.

and yet u do the opposite aswell, was sampson humble? was moses? no these men stood behind what was right even if the people called them arrogant

LordDarwin
I'm not against the message (excluding all the rape, murder, genocide, child abuse etc), what I'm saying is parts of the Bible have been disproved & shown as being made up. Such as Jesus' resurrection in this thread; made up.

If that is made up, and you openly admit that you pick and choose the message from the Bible... Then you are admitting that parts of it are wrong.

And if the Bible is wrong in any single part, why not take a step back & actually question the whole book rather than just accepting that most of it is right, until it's disproved by threads like this?

If the Bible isn't 100% accurate like it says it is, then why believe that there is a God, how do you not know this just another lie?

ONtop888

Jesus failed.

lulz, this is the oldest bible, BUT, we have quotations from the Church Fathers dating back to 90 AD that speak of the Resurrection..........multiple writers, hundreds of years before this bible that speak of the Resurrection. Next....

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:03 AM
you're an arrogant child.

wow brah ur 4 years older i can tell you have lived life...............u mad that u have to lie to be a good parent?

SDMuscleBuddy
07-06-2009, 09:03 AM

Unless you've never told them about Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and Free Market Capitalism, you've lied to them.

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Unless you've never told them about Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and Free Market Capitalism, you've lied to them.

This is what we call being pwnt.

Should we start a donation fund to get jordansrt to take an IQ test? The more I talk to him the more I'm guessing he is in the double-digit range.

SDMuscleBuddy
07-06-2009, 09:05 AM

Yet it's becoming clearer every day that The Church has been lying to you.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:05 AM

all of us have been told about them, i was not told about any of these to behave. has no one been spanked or put in time out before? Grounded? have their cars or games taken away? u dont have to lie to make kids behave

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Yet it's becoming clearer every day that The Church has been lying to you.

Nahhh its just clear that u dont know what u speak off

LordDarwin
07-06-2009, 09:06 AM
lulz, this is the oldest bible, BUT, we have quotations from the Church Fathers dating back to 90 AD that speak of the Resurrection..........multiple writers, hundreds of years before this bible that speak of the Resurrection. Next....
Where are the writing from these "Church Fathers dating back to 90 AD" and are they the original documents?

As in, are they written on paper from 90 AD?

And if not do you accept the fact that they could have been forged to increase the apparent validity of Christianity?

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
all of us have been told about them, i was not told about any of these to behave.

"You better watch out;
you better not cry;
better not shout;
I'm telling you why.
Santa Claus is comin' to town"

"He's a making a list checking in twice gonna
find out who's naughty and nice
Santa Claus is comin' to town
He sees you when you're sleeping he knows when you're awake
He knows when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake"

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
This is what we call being pwnt.

Should we start a donation fund to get jordansrt to take an IQ test? The more I talk to him the more I'm guessing he is in the double-digit range.

Do u think anything u say bothers me or is funny? i could expect as much coming from someone who thinks lying is the way to raise children

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:08 AM
"You better watch out;
you better not cry;
better not shout;
I'm telling you why.
Santa Claus is comin' to town"

lol once again i was told about santa but it had nothing to do with the way i acted

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Do u think anything u say bothers me or is funny? i could expect as much coming from someone who thinks lying is the way to raise children

Until you ask a parent I'm ignoring anything you say on the matter.

If you are not wise enough to ask more experienced people than yourself, then you're a victim of your own short-sightedness.

ONtop888
07-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Where are the writing from these "Church Fathers dating back to 90 AD" and are they the original documents?

As in, are they written on paper from 90 AD?

And if not do you accept the fact that they could have been forged to increase the apparent validity of Christianity?

No, there records have been maintained since they were written, each successor taking note of and/or quoting their predecessors writings and the books within the Bible, here's the list:

www.ccel.org/fathers
^^ organized by century

SDMuscleBuddy
all of us have been told about them (Santa, Easter Bunny, etc.), i was not told about any of these to behave. has no one been spanked or put in time out before? Grounded? have their cars or games taken away? u dont have to lie to make kids behave

All lies, even these "little white lies", are meant to control behavior.

jordansrt
Until you ask a parent I'm ignoring anything you say on the matter.

lol coming from someone who insists that their is no God and coming from people who claim the church has been lying to people u shouldnt be promoting lying to kids

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:11 AM
lol coming from someone who insists that their is no God and coming from people who claim the church has been lying to people u shouldnt be promoting lying to kids

you are so dense its not even funny any more. where did I say there is no God?

Go find that quote for me.

double digits.

jordansrt
All lies, even these "little white lies", are meant to control behavior.

ok well u guys go lie to ur kids thats good and all but i know i dont have to lie to make a kid behave

WilyCoder
ok well u guys go lie to ur kids thats good and all but i know i dont have to lie to make a kid behave

nah you just need to molest them, right?

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:12 AM
you are so dense its not even funny any more. where did I say there is no God?

Go find that quote for me.

double digits.

ok then state right now theirs a God if u wont then go on

WilyCoder
ok then state right now theirs a God if u wont then go on

Find the quote phaggot.

jordansrt
nah you just need to molest them, right?

lol now that u lie to them im not sure what all u do to them.....father of the year

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Find the quote phaggot.

State it comeon prove me wrong

-click_here-
07-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Jesus taught us what we already knew. That it is possible to absolve yourself of all responsibility by casting your 'sins' upon another creature and then sacfiricing it.

I prefer the original goat sacrifice myself, which is where the term scapegoat originates.

But, hey, you place your sins on Jesus. And as clear thinking humans we can see the morality in killing another to clear your conscience. :)

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:15 AM
State it comeon prove me wrong

YOU said I don't believe in God.

YOU made the accusation, so YOU need to back up your accusation.

If you can't find a post where I claim to be atheist, then you are making sh!t up and you are a troll.

You called me an atheist. Where's your proof?

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:16 AM
YOU said I don't believe in God.

YOU made the accusation, so YOU need to back up your accusation.

If you can't find a post where I claim to be atheist, then you are making sh!t up and you are a troll.

every post u make backs it up, u wont even state u belive in him so i dont need any further proof thanks for playing

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:18 AM
every post u make backs it up, u wont even state u belive in him so i dont need any further proof thanks for playing

Where's the post jordan?

Stop lying about my beliefs. Find the atheist post.

You say you are against lying to children, but you certainly love to lie about me here on R/P.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Where's the post jordan?

Stop lying about my beliefs. Find the atheist post.

You say you are against lying to children, but you certainly love to lie about me here on R/P.

i love to lie about u? what about ur lovely post on Jesus the other day, i cant list it because it was mod deleted but go ahead and post it back up so we can see ur faith in God

ZenBowman
07-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Jesus taught us what we already knew. That it is possible to absolve yourself of all responsibility by casting your 'sins' upon another creature and then sacfiricing it.

I prefer the original goat sacrifice myself, which is where the term scapegoat originates.

But, hey, you place your sins on Jesus. And as clear thinking humans we can see the morality in killing another to clear your conscience. :)

Actually, I don't think Jesus ever asked you to cast your sins on him. I believe it was the church fathers who made that deal, LOL.

Jesus did teach us what we already knew. That you must forgive in order to be forgiven. Unfortunately people didn't follow this maxim before him, and even after his leaving, people still didn't follow it. Instead they converted his life into a fantastical story and persecuted people for not believing it, thereby achieving exactly the opposite of what he intended. Bad job church man.

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:20 AM
i love to lie about u? what about ur lovely post on Jesus the other day, i cant list it because it was mod deleted but go ahead and post it back up so we can see ur faith in God

Find an atheist post or stop lying about me.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Find an atheist post or stop lying about me.

Post ur picture back up or go on " 'My true disciples produce much fruit. This brings great glory to my Father'" (John 15:8 NLT). Jesus also said, "'By their fruits you will know them'" (Matthew 7:20 NKJV).

ur scared, i cant post it because it was mod deleted but in it u made fun of Jesus dying. tisk tisk u great lover of God....

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Post ur picture back up or go on " 'My true disciples produce much fruit. This brings great glory to my Father'" (John 15:8 NLT). Jesus also said, "'By their fruits you will know them'" (Matthew 7:20 NKJV).

ur scared, i cant post it because it was mod deleted but in it u made fun of Jesus dying. tisk tisk u great lover of God....

that image had NOTHING to do with atheism, it was joking about the claims of Christianity.

stop lying about me and my beliefs.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:25 AM
that image had NOTHING to do with atheism, it was joking about the claims of Christianity.

Post it then, if u believe in God which Jesus claimed to be the son of then ur a hypocrite. now which is it are u a God lover or an atheist? Post the pic brah u scared?

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:26 AM

stop lying about me and my beliefs.

also i would like to state once more that u do not believe in God, prove me wrong say u do

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Post it then, if u believe in God which Jesus claimed to be the son of then ur a hypocrite. now which is it are u a God lover or an atheist? Post the pic brah u scared?

Do you call Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhists 'atheists'?

Jews aren't Christian either. Do you call Jews 'atheists'?

ONtop888
07-06-2009, 09:27 AM

Correct, the scapegoat was a typology for Christ.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Do you call Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhists 'atheists'?

ok then claim one of their Gods, also we never make fun of other religions which u seem to do and if u did believe in one of those i dont think it would be lawful to make the claims u do

ONtop888
07-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Lord Darwin, did you check out that site?

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 09:28 AM
ok then claim one of their Gods, also we never make fun of other religions which u seem to do and if u did believe in one of those i dont think it would be lawful to make the claims u do

you said I was an atheist. Prove it.

Do you even know what 'atheism' is?

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:29 AM
you said I was an atheist. Prove it.

Do you even know what 'atheism' is?

brah i dont care what u believe but im not gonna sit here and let u be something ur not, u dont have the balls to put up what u did the other day or have the ballz to claim any God that ur fighting over so realy ur just a hypocrite.

slalomx2
07-06-2009, 09:30 AM
No, there records have been maintained since they were written, each successor taking note of and/or quoting their predecessors writings and the books within the Bible, here's the list:

www.ccel.org/fathers
^^ organized by century

Oh pasquaw, we know for a fact that there were prior "records" of a ressurection. We know this because the story of a ressurection predates jesus himself, many times, with many other messiah gods.

But here we have the oldest version of the bible and it doesn't mention the ressurection. The point is that the bible is such a jumble fuk of writings, such a political shaninagan, such a boneheaded evolving tool for tools, that I have to hold my head in disappoint when someone likes this book.

ONtop888
07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
brah i dont care what u believe but im not gonna sit here and let u be something ur not, u dont have the balls to put up what u did the other day or have the ballz to claim any God that ur fighting over so realy ur just a hypocrite.

No, he's a troll, I wouldn't waste any more time with him brah. He just puts up disrespectful pics of our Lord to try and be funny........pretty mature for a 27 year old.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
No, he's a troll, I wouldn't waste any more time with him brah. He just puts up disrespectful pics of our Lord to try and be funny........pretty mature for a 27 year old.

i agree im done here

ONtop888
07-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Oh pasquaw, we know for a fact that there were prior "records" of a ressurection. We know this because the story of a ressurection predates jesus himself, many times, with many other messiah gods.
I'm not interested in Zeitgeist nonsense, bring something legit to the table.

But here we have the oldest version of the bible and it doesn't mention the ressurection. The point is that the bible is such a jumble fuk of writings, such a political shaninagan, such a boneheaded evolving tool for tools, that I have to hold my head in disappoint when someone likes this book.

Wrong, the Gospel of Mark, in this manuscript doesn't mention the Resurrection, not the Bible, a book in the New Testament. Agggggaaaiiinnnn, this is a late 4th century manuscript, we can assemble the entire New Testament (95%) from all the Church Fathers writings BEFORE this manuscript. U mad?

ZenBowman
07-06-2009, 09:35 AM

Keep in mind that the New Testament consists of Gospels (that is, testimonies of people who walked with Jesus) as well as other writings produced by church fathers for the specific mission of spreading Christianity, which was not Jesus' message. And if you look at the beliefs of many people today, such as casting sins upon Jesus (as if anyone who loved Jesus would commit such an abomination), they come from the misguidance of the church fathers rather than the true guidance of Jesus. The message was that one can forgive others and thereby receive forgiveness. Unfortunately people remain hard-hearted, and prefer to throw their sins at Jesus while not practicing forgiveness themselves, trying to achieve forgiveness for themselves while maintaining animosity towards others.

Jesus has a message for such ones:

Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Matthew 18:23-35

Melkor
07-06-2009, 09:36 AM

Wrong, the Gospel of Mark, in this manuscript doesn't mention the Resurrection, not the Bible, a book in the New Testament. Agggggaaaiiinnnn, this is a late 4th century manuscript, we can assemble the entire New Testament (95%) from all the Church Fathers writings BEFORE this manuscript. U mad?

he mad lol. :D

ONtop888
07-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Keep in mind that the New Testament consists of Gospels (that is, testimonies of people who walked with Jesus) as well as other writings produced by church fathers for the specific mission of spreading Christianity, which was not Jesus' message. And if you look at the beliefs of many people today, such as casting sins upon Jesus (as if anyone who loved Jesus would commit such an abomination), they come from the misguidance of the church fathers rather than the true guidance of Jesus. The message was that one can forgive others and thereby receive forgiveness. Unfortunately people remain hard-hearted, and prefer to throw their sins at Jesus while not practicing forgiveness themselves, trying to achieve forgiveness for themselves while maintaining animosity towards others.

Jesus has a message for such ones:

Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Matthew 18:23-35

Furthermore, Our Father:
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us.

Arbex
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM

Jesus failed.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2r6nwo7.jpg

comore07
07-06-2009, 09:43 AM
i consider myself a believer in christ. but to those that say that you can follow christ without believing in the ressurection or the supernatural events of the bible, etc are full of..im gonna be blunt ****.

If christ did not raise from the death - then Christianity crumbles. Really do you people eve read the bible? allow me to quote a verse from the bible:

"If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain."

1 Corinthians 15:14

rp29nct
07-06-2009, 09:54 AM

Jesus failed.

Interesting article, but this is not a new discovery as it pertains to biblical scholarship. It's a well known fact that some manuscripts of the book of Mark do not contain the last 12 verses (chapter 16:9-20), and that the author most likely intentionally ended the Gospel at 16:8 in an open-ended fashion to allow the reader to be drawn into the story and ask themselves, "What will I do with Jesus? If I do not accept him in his suffering, I will not see him in his glory." This method is in keeping with Mark's style and use of literary power. The evidence does suggest that as time went on scribes added the longer ending, either for the richness of its material or because of the abruptness of the ending at verse 8.

The newly reassembled manuscript confirms what scholars already knew about this passage in Mark, but does not undermine the resurrection since that event is described independently in the works of Matthew, John, and Luke.

momofo
07-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Dating this "oldest Bible" to the 4th century doesn't indicate a later revision to resurrectionist theology given that many of the letters and the canonical Gospels were written a few hundred years before the Codex.

slalomx2
07-06-2009, 09:55 AM

Zeitgeist is a movie. You are not interested though in studying religions that predate christianity? Why not? They are all hocus pocus and christianity is the real deal? Is that it?

You are missing the point. Why are you calling it "this manuscript"? It is apparently the oldest bible. Why do you believe the Gospel of Mark(as written in your favorite version of the bible) the real deal? Why was it left out of that particular version? Why was the gospel of Judas and a bunch of other gospels thrown out? Why do people cherry pick their way to ignorance?

ZenBowman
07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
i consider myself a believer in christ. but to those that say that you can follow christ without believing in the ressurection or the supernatural events of the bible, etc are full of..im gonna be blunt ****.

If christ did not raise from the death - then Christianity crumbles. Really do you people eve read the bible? allow me to quote a verse from the bible:

"If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain."

1 Corinthians 15:14

Writing of the church father. Doesn't hold much weight with me. Regardless of belief in resurrection, Jesus' words resonate with us because THEY ARE truth. And the truth needs no fantasy to support it.

momofo
07-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Why are you calling it "this manuscript"? It is apparently the oldest bible.

It's the oldest Bible, not the oldest NT manuscript. There's a difference.

DCarruso
07-06-2009, 09:58 AM
........ Jesus' words resonate with us because THEY ARE truth. And the truth needs no fantasy to support it.....

http://omgif.gosedesign.net/wp-content/clap.gif

comore07
07-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Writing of the church father. Doesn't hold much weight with me. Regardless of belief in resurrection, Jesus' words resonate with us because THEY ARE truth. And the truth needs no fantasy to support it.

so what paul says doesn't hold much weight? without the resurrection there is no christianity and if it was ever proven that jesus did not raise from the dead then i would dismiss Christianity in a heart beat. i don't cherry pick.

smokeater
07-06-2009, 11:05 AM

Jesus failed.

That link just says the book ends. It doesn't say anything either way about the resurrection. I've seen WWII history books which don't talk about the fall of Berlin, does that mean it never happened?

ONtop888
07-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Zeitgeist is a movie. You are not interested though in studying religions that predate christianity? Why not? They are all hocus pocus and christianity is the real deal? Is that it?
Of course I am, to some extent. I'm not into reading further into false presumptions in the likeness of Zeitgeist.

You are missing the point. Why are you calling it "this manuscript"? It is apparently the oldest bible. Why do you believe the Gospel of Mark(as written in your favorite version of the bible) the real deal? Why was it left out of that particular version? Why was the gospel of Judas and a bunch of other gospels thrown out? Why do people cherry pick their way to ignorance?
No, you're missing the point, it's not the original compilation of letters, they are no longer in existence. The last verses of Mark were the result of interpolations, this is listed in most bibles. The Gospel of Judas is a later gnostic text.

Paul was an apostle, not a church father.

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 11:46 AM

if that pic offended you, your skin is thinner than a single sheet of paper.

did you get all butt hurt when the movie 'Dogma' came out?

Arbex
07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
There was no ressurection

By the way, forgot to ask -

Is this supposed to be news?

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z151/danny171/tomcruiselaugh.gif

x_aDrenaLine_x
07-06-2009, 12:41 PM
if that pic offended you, your skin is thinner than a single sheet of paper.

did you get all butt hurt when the movie 'Dogma' came out?

Pictures that make Jesus out to be anything that he is NOT is offensive. It is disrespectful and immature (much like a majority of the atheists on this site). To me it is just like posting a vile picture of someone's own father. It's not funny, it's rude and shows no class at all from atheists. You want to have a discussion with other Christians? Ok then stop posting immature pictures of my Lord or else you won't get a response; much less you'll get labeled as an ignorant poster, and for the most part will be ignored (like Vagitarian, arbex, etc.)

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Pictures that make Jesus out to be anything that he is NOT is offensive. It is disrespectful and immature (much like a majority of the atheists on this site). To me it is just like posting a vile picture of someone's own father. It's not funny, it's rude and shows no class at all from atheists. You want to have a discussion with other Christians? Ok then stop posting immature pictures of my Lord or else you won't get a response; much less you'll get labeled as an ignorant poster, and for the most part will be ignored (like Vagitarian, arbex, etc.)

The pic that was posted made NO FALSE claims about Jesus, or Christianity.

That's why all the Christians on here got so upset about it, because its true.

When you string together all the supernatural claims of Christianity into a single paragraph, it sounds like something a schizophrenic would say.

Vagitarian
07-06-2009, 12:46 PM

Lulzipops.

"Jesus" never existed.

When you string together all the supernatural claims of Christianity into a single paragraph, it sounds like something a schizophrenic would say.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig.

x_aDrenaLine_x
07-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Lulzipops.

"Jesus" never existed.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig.

My point proven.

Vagitarian
07-06-2009, 12:51 PM
My point proven.

That you're a delusional sheep?

x_aDrenaLine_x
07-06-2009, 01:22 PM
That you're a delusional sheep?

No that all your posts are nothing more than insults, thats why I ignore you.

Vagitarian
07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
No that all your posts are nothing more than insults, thats why I ignore you.

You brought it on yourself.

jordansrt
07-06-2009, 01:48 PM
You brought it on yourself.

how did he bring it on himself? for posting the truth?

Vagitarian
07-06-2009, 02:06 PM

No for being a delusional retard, just like you, and every other theist.

Melkor
07-06-2009, 02:07 PM
no for being a delusional retard, just like you, and every other theist.

:(

Tiffany Wantsmore
07-06-2009, 02:16 PM

But it says "It offers different versions of the Scriptures from later editions of the Bible, notably in St Mark's Gospel which ends 12 verses before later versions, omitting the appearance of the resurrected Jesus Christ." So a different person later added the resurrection claim. Wht mkes you think the second person was right, and the first one wasn't? For that matter, what makes you think that so much stuff in the bible is allegorical and not literal, but the resurrection claim is literal? Not just you, any theist can answer.

all of us have been told about them, i was not told about any of these to behave. has no one been spanked or put in time out before? Grounded? have their cars or games taken away? u dont have to lie to make kids behave

"Santa won't come if you're not a good boy" ... a lie told by parents the world over.

x_aDrenaLine_x
07-06-2009, 02:21 PM

trust me brahs just ignore him. It's pointless to talk back to an immature, disrespectful teenager like him. He thinks it's funny to post crap like that and he spends all his time on the misc for reps. I kinda feel bad for him but you can only do so much til kids like him just get REALLY REALLY annoying and post the same idiotic comments over and over. He's like a broken record.

WilyCoder
07-06-2009, 02:23 PM
But it says "It offers different versions of the Scriptures from later editions of the Bible, notably in St Mark's Gospel which ends 12 verses before later versions, omitting the appearance of the resurrected Jesus Christ." So a different person later added the resurrection claim. Wht mkes you think the second person was right, and the first one wasn't? For that matter, what makes you think that so much stuff in the bible is allegorical and not literal, but the resurrection claim is literal? Not just you, any theist can answer.

"Santa won't come if you're not a good boy" ... a lie told by parents the world over.

have some reps, you've got more sense than a lot of the R/P...

Queequeg
07-06-2009, 04:00 PM

Dude face it, its a fact that the earliest Cannonised Texts are fundimentally different to what is in the bible today and the purpose of cannonisation was to regulate which texts where included because of consistancy and similarity

4Levenlat03V
07-06-2009, 04:39 PM

Jesus failed.

wow okay i just went on the site, it looks to me like they found another very old copy bc there has been many copies of the bible made (if you didnt kno) and i dont understand how you can say the ressurection is made up bc all the scripture ive read on it matches our bibles today.
so...what are you talking about??
im actually glad you posted this, reading this really old copy of the bible gave e chills, its soo awesome! this just more proves that the ressurection is real...gah:)
THANKS!

Arbex
07-06-2009, 04:41 PM
wow okay i just went on the site, it looks to me like they found another very old copy bc there has been many copies of the bible made (if you didnt kno) and i dont understand how you can say the ressurection is made up bc all the scripture ive read on it matches our bibles today.
so...what are you talking about??
im actually glad you posted this, reading this really old copy of the bible gave e chills, its soo awesome! this just more proves that the ressurection is real...gah:)
THANKS!

http://www.guldahl.com/pics/wtf_is_this.jpg

We have a female troll now?

4Levenlat03V
07-06-2009, 04:54 PM
We have a female troll now?
okay arbex, you know im a christian...its apparant.
so why try so hard^(picture)^
just stop...nd btw i appreciate that you took the time to find such a lovely picture for me:)
I love mario

Arbex
07-06-2009, 04:54 PM
just stop...nd btw i appreciate that you took the time to find such a lovely picture for me:)
I love mario

spoon pics/noodz. nao.

4Levenlat03V
07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
spoon pics/noodz. nao.

thats lame

Blindead
07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
nothings unmasked blah blah blah,

What do you mean? This is hard evidence.

Blindead
07-06-2009, 05:01 PM
spoon pics/noodz. nao.

**** son, seconded

Ryan1985
07-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I love mario

I think what Arbex meant to say is...

Athiest: I cant believe you believe a resurrection of someone is more valid, because you read an older version of a bible. Thats like saying the Jack and the beanstalk is even more real, since you read the 1807 original version. Obvious statement is obvious.

Miscer: Spoon pics or Negs.

Oh...and spoon pics or negs!

Blindead
07-06-2009, 05:35 PM
This thread pretty much cements it. Jesus was just a confused Rabbi who was indoctrinated as a child to believe he was the son of God because his mother couldn't keep her legs together. I feel bad for the guy.

ONtop888
07-06-2009, 06:16 PM
This thread pretty much cements it. Jesus was just a confused Rabbi who was indoctrinated as a child to believe he was the son of God because his mother couldn't keep her legs together. I feel bad for the guy.

^^ohai guise I love dawkinzzz!!!

Arbex
07-06-2009, 06:18 PM

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6901/invalid.jpg

ONtop888
07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6901/invalid.jpg

lulz

http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/funny-picture18.jpg

MonsterG8r
07-06-2009, 10:09 PM

Jesus failed.

Wow...thank God.....I mean evolution.......no sexual restrictions!!!

Strive22
07-07-2009, 12:46 AM

if some random guy sat down and wrote the same message as Jesus's you wouldn't follow it.

Jesus HAS to be the son of god in the eyes of his followers.

jesus is one of my prophets yet i dont believe he is the son of god and nowhere did he say he was, all he said is that is what OTHER ppl say about him, he never said he was. all the other bull**** was added later. honest question..how do you follow a book that has been changed so many times? i would think its pretty obvious that Christianity is wrong.

maglincer
07-07-2009, 01:00 AM
What do you mean? This is hard evidence.

lulz since when do christians need evidence..

HELIX35
07-07-2009, 02:02 AM

Do you not see the immense fallacy of your statement?

Even you admit the bible has multiple translations, and the true translation is lost.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 08:45 AM
I think what Arbex meant to say is...

Athiest: I cant believe you believe a resurrection of someone is more valid, because you read an older version of a bible. Thats like saying the Jack and the beanstalk is even more real, since you read the 1807 original version. Obvious statement is obvious.

Miscer: Spoon pics or Negs.

Oh...and spoon pics or negs!
Its a copy of the exact same thing that is on the shelves today....
u have no idea wat ur talking about

Ryan1985
07-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Its a copy of the exact same thing that is on the shelves today....
u have no idea wat ur talking about

I have no idea what imtalking about? Oh really?

I generally dont let it slide when someone is a moron but in your case......wait, this is no exception.

You do realize that you believe in a massively globalized fairy tale right? That you actually spout these beliefs to others as fact. The bible literally was written by groups of people, if not hundreds, it has many creationist stories from early egyptian and sumerian roots right? It is not a factual account, in any way, shape or form of how the earth was created, how life can to be, nor what happens when we die. (spoiler alert: you go in the ground. Period.)

It should be pretty apparant to you that religion is false; you've basically been conditioned to believe in your particular flavor of it since birth. So I understand how you feel; its all you have known. But if you take a step back and look at your situation indifferently. You can see that there are MANY religions, some much older (hi2u judiasm and hinduism) that all attempt to explain where we came from, and why we are here.Obvliously if there are many different religions, all with different accounts of how and why; something is wrong with religion as a whole. Now if you take solice in some philisophical comforts that the bible may offer you, fine. But it is not an historical encyclopedia of mankind that many of you tout it to be.

Now you might ask, "Ryan, what are the answers then?!" well, the honest answer is, I dont know, we don't know, no one knows. Im not sure why people are so ashamed to admit that. Sometimes we just dont know, we havent yet progressed that far. But to assume that science will never find out the answers to the questions that you have is assinine! If you asked anyone in 1960 if man would ever be in space, much less land on the moon, everyone once would have laughed at you, and told you its not possible! Less than a decade later we were on the moon. 400 years ago, if I told you man would one day fly, You would be laughed at, and ridiculed for having that notion. "Man can't fly, if god wanted us to fly we'd have wings! Its impossible!" Well, as our understanding of the mechanics of flight progressed we began to fly. Now thousands of people do the impossible everyday.

If youre looking for the answers there is another, and I feel better approach. Science, not religion, being able to prove what you believe is a wonderful feeling. From an athiests point of view whenever religious people tend to talk, its like hearing "2+2=5, because god said so" thats genuinly and truthfully what I hear.

Back to what this is originally about; Jesus's supposed ressurection, aside from other instances of religious nature, when have ever seen someone ressurect? Never. Not saying it isnt possible, but its definately not probable. Oh but im not a believer? I could very be. If there is a god, especially one that you describe in the christian bible, surely in our age of mass communication the clouds would part wide, and a message all can understand would be broadcasted to let us know right?

Furthermore, I'd appreciate it when you quote my posts and respond to them; you do so with proper grammar and sentance structure. Or atleast attempt to. I have an excuse, my PEA is kicking in right now.

oleg1227
07-07-2009, 09:50 AM

If images are not altered then its not a big deal. I want to try and explain to you why so many atheists refer to comical relief when talking about religion. Here it goes: After a while seeking and having so called discussions with theists atheists eventually come to a conclusion that its useless and a practical waste of time. Because frankly debating with irrational and illogical people that quote the same lines over and over and over and over and over and over again and relating to a book for all their "proof" day to day without any thoughts or rationing of their own becomes old and boring. So instead atheists now seek comical relief in getting theists mad over a simple thing. Hope that clarifies it

Arbex
07-07-2009, 10:13 AM

gul⋅li⋅ble

adjective
easily deceived or cheated.

/\/\

Blindead
07-07-2009, 12:34 PM

i dont see what richard dawkins has to do with this thread, but no, i really don't like him nearly as much as the rest of the atheists on here do. his accent is really annoying.

Arbex
07-07-2009, 01:01 PM
i dont see what richard dawkins has to do with this thread, but no, i really don't like him nearly as much as the rest of the atheists on here do. his accent is really annoying.

I like his accent.

:mad:

ONtop888
07-07-2009, 01:08 PM
I like his accent.

:mad:

u like his penor

:D

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 01:10 PM
-_2xGIwQfik

Ryan1985
07-07-2009, 01:15 PM
-_2xGIwQfik

Dawkin's is funny, hah- that other guy sounds like he should be on the Tyra Banks Show, giving out hugs. He is right though. Here are the facts, if you dont agree, youre an idiot. That actually sums it up nicely I thought.

Melkor
07-07-2009, 01:20 PM
u like his penor

:d

rofllllllllllllllllllll

ONtop888
07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Dawkin's is funny, hah- that other guy sounds like he should be on the Tyra Banks Show, giving out hugs. He is right though. Here are the facts, if you dont agree, youre an idiot. That actually sums it up nicely I thought.

What happened to your fantastic thradddd? lulz.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I have no idea what imtalking about? Oh really?

I generally dont let it slide when someone is a moron but in your case......wait, this is no exception.

You do realize that you believe in a massively globalized fairy tale right? That you actually spout these beliefs to others as fact. The bible literally was written by groups of people, if not hundreds, it has many creationist stories from early egyptian and SUMARIAN roots right? It
Furthermore, I'd appreciate it when you quote my posts and respond to them; you do so with proper grammar and sentance structure. Or atleast attempt to. I have an excuse, my PEA is kicking in right now.
HAHA "sentance", "sumarian" ?....kay
BIG rant, phew size scared me at first bc i thought you actually had soething valuable to say.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 01:29 PM
also, i think you meant to say that you let it slide when someone is a moron..bc if not ur first senTANCE didnt make any sense
lol

Salyers1121
07-07-2009, 01:39 PM
HAHA "sentance", "sumarian" ?....kay
BIG rant, phew size scared me at first bc i thought you actually had soething valuable to say.

I think you should read it. He has a very interesting opinion on the matter and its one I happen to agree with. But I do respect your opinion and Im not going to bash you or anyone else for that. But what I think you should do is stop and think about what he and alot of other people are saying. I dont understand how people cant see that it does make alot of sense. I dont hate religious people. I dont dislike them for their beliefs. But what I dont have alot of respect for is people who follow religious dogma because its the social norm and its how they were raised. I dont have alot of respect for people who dont step outside of their comfort zone and question what they are believing. You need to form your own reasons for believing which ever God you believe in. Dont follow it because mom, dad, or the neighbor said so. Do it because you have your own PERSONAL reasons. Dont be a sheep. To the people who have done just that and still believe- I applaude and respect you. Personal spiritual experience is what matters. Thats my opinion

E-Dub187
07-07-2009, 01:40 PM
u like his penor

:D

http://i39.tinypic.com/bgxqqg_th.gif

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I think you should read it. He has a very interesting opinion on the matter and its one I happen to agree with. But I do respect your opinion and Im not going to bash you or anyone else for that. But what I think you should do is stop and think about what he and alot of other people are saying. I dont understand how people cant see that it does make alot of sense. I dont hate religious people. I dont dislike them for their beliefs. But what I dont have alot of respect for is people who follow religious dogma because its the social norm and its how they were raised. I dont have alot of respect for people who dont step outside of their comfort zone and question what they are believing. You need to form your own reasons for believing which ever God you believe in. Dont follow it because mom, dad, or the neighbor said so. Do it because you have your own PERSONAL reasons. Dont be a sheep. To the people who have done just that and still believe- I applaude and respect you. Personal spiritual experience is what matters. Thats my opinion

i gotcha=] i read what he had to say, but after going through(like wat you said) spiritual experience and learning about all the facts out there that a lot of people dont know about, its more than sure proof to me in what i believe in. so, what ryan said is too common. ive seen it before and its been proved wrong. i honestly thought that for sucha big post, it was something new, but it wasnt...now, i can pull out my giant notebook to prove his theory wrong cuz im not an encyclopedia, but why do that? its researchable too=]

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 01:47 PM
ur first senTANCE didnt make any sense
lol

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out
of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out
the mote out of thy brother's eye." - Matthew [7:5]

Your should read your Bible a bit more, LULZ!

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 01:49 PM
the mote out of thy brother?s eye.thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses
commanded, for a testimony unto them." - Matthew [7:5]

aw, okay i will
you should too:)

WilyCoder
07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
the mote out of thy brother's eye." - Matthew [7:5]

Sweet, now I've got biblical ammo to shoot at the hypocritical Christians on R/P.

Thanks.

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
aw, okay i will
you should too:)
:( I'm an Atheist.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 01:51 PM
:( I'm an Atheist.
then who gave you feelings?

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 01:54 PM
The same thing that gives you your feelings.

Your brain!

Emotion has nothing to do with religion, it's a byproduct of Evolution.

WilyCoder
07-07-2009, 01:57 PM

if you had ever done any drugs you would realize how temporary and chemical your emotions really are.

are you saying that prozac is not a chemical? the serotonin in your head that prozac affects, thats not a chemical either?

of course you are not saying that.

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 01:58 PM
if you had ever done any drugs you would realize how temporary and chemical your emotions really are.

are you saying that prozac is not a chemical? the serotonin in your head that prozac affects, thats not a chemical either?
MDMA & LSD spring to mind.

Yum Yum!

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 01:58 PM
The same thing that gives you your feelings.

Your brain!

Emotion has nothing to do with religion, it's a byproduct of Evolution.
then my dog candy should know it hurts my feelings when she disobeys, but she doesnt...animals are instictive. we are not, if we were then alll of us would be only attracted to the opposite sex. but thats not how it is....

WilyCoder
07-07-2009, 02:00 PM
then my dog candy should know it hurts my feelings when she disobeys, but she doesnt...animals are instictive. we are not, if we were then alll of us would be only attracted to the opposite sex. but thats not how it is....

oh god here we go.

humans are definitely instinctive creatures.

more importantly, there are gay animals in nature. look it up on google.

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Dogs do have feelings! It's just that they aren't as obvious as ours because it is difficult for us to communicate. I know for a fact my cats have feeling an emotions!

Gorillas I would argues have just as much feelings as Humans, if not more because they are not distracted by the intense society that we Humans have.

Ryan1985
07-07-2009, 02:03 PM
....what ryan said is too common. ive seen it before and its been proved wrong....do

What? Religion being illogical has been proven wrong?!

http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/assets/contributor/dawkins$richard_lres.gif

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 02:05 PM
oh god here we go.

humans are definitely instinctive creatures.

more importantly, there are gay animals in nature. look it up on google.
im too lazy to

WilyCoder
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM
ignorance is bliss

fixt.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Dogs do have feelings! It's just that they aren't as obvious as ours because it is difficult for us to communicate. I know for a fact my cats have feeling an emotions!

Gorillas I would argues have just as much feelings as Humans, if not more because they are not distracted by the intense society that we Humans have.
Oh my goodness...
lol

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 02:10 PM
im too lazy to
zing!

That is why your a Christian, you are too lazy to take an interest in Science, and in turn realize how much BS Christianity, Judaism, Islam & all other religions are in general.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 02:11 PM
fixt.
lol thats kinda true
until you actually find truth.

WilyCoder
07-07-2009, 02:12 PM
lol thats kinda true

and you don't care about the truth of homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom?

it might be a difficult pill to swallow at first, but humans are animals.

do you think prostitution only happens in humanity too?

monkeys trade meat for sex.

srs.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
zing!

That is why your a Christian, you are too lazy to take an interest in Science, and in turn realize how much BS Christianity, Judaism, Islam & all other religions are in general.
no, but i know that i should but, i really dont feel like investing so much in you to merely prove you wrong, especially if you dont have an ounce of faith(just sayin cuz your an athiest).
i bet you would even agree with me thats its a waist of time right?

WilyCoder
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
no, but i know that i should but, i really dont feel like investing so much in you to merely prove you wrong, especially if you dont have an ounce of faith(just sayin cuz your an athiest).

don't think of it as proving someone wrong, think of it as educating yourself.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
and you don't care about the truth of homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom?

it might be a difficult pill to swallow at first, but humans are animals.

do you think prostitution only happens in humanity too?

monkeys trade meat for sex.

srs.
oh please if it interests you so much for me to know then post it. i dont have an interset in it, bc animals are not gay...gah
lol

WilyCoder
07-07-2009, 02:18 PM
i dont have an interset in it, bc animals are not gay

are you calling the scientists who observed the homosexual behavior LIARS?

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 02:19 PM
don't think of it as proving someone wrong, think of it as educating yourself.
ive been educated on it trust me, it was the hardest class everrrrrrrr. but i made a B:) hehe
i know that what i believe in is firm,as i said b4, im not and encyclopedia/internet so i cant pull every piece of fact and lay it out for you whenever you throw something out for me to disprove.
it just is(for now at least)
ill make a thread bout it someday

Vagitarian
oh please if it interests you so much for me to know then post it. i dont have an interset in it, bc animals are not gay...gah
lol

Holy fck, you are so stupid. Go back to the kitchen and wash some dishes. This is clearly way over your head.

Ryan1985
Oh my goodness...
lol

Dogs definately do have feelings and emotions. Here is a moving example:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgjyhKN_35g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgjyhKN_35g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Other animals have emotions and feelings as well. I cant believe you actually think animals do not?

LordDarwin
You don't take "interest" in Science to prove someone wrong... You do it because you're Human and enjoy learning!!!

I mean, f*ckin' Hell! How brain dead do you have to be, to not be interested in the world around you? (rhetorical question btw Miss. Troll)

Oh & btw, I used to be a Christian when I was a kid so I know what it is to be deluded... I mean; have faith.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 02:20 PM
are you calling the scientists who observed the homosexual behavior LIARS?
goodness...
post it, it will make me LOL

WilyCoder
07-07-2009, 02:21 PM
goodness...

to deny the existence of the world you inhabit is a characteristic of insanity.

i'm sorry the world is too complex for you to handle.

stay on your farm and out of the big city. because you would get run over by life.

Ryan1985
07-07-2009, 02:21 PM
ive been educated on it trust me, it was the hardest class everrrrrrrr. but i made a B:) hehe
i know that what i believe in is firm,as i said b4, im not and encyclopedia/internet so i cant pull every piece of fact and lay it out for you whenever you throw something out for me to disprove.
it just is(for now at least)
ill make a thread bout it someday

No spoon pics, absurd stupidity and ignorance. This person is a troll on a gimmick account. JordanSRT whereRu?!

WilyCoder
07-07-2009, 02:22 PM
I think she is actually dumber than jordansrt.

the two of them should hook up. their kids would probably be apes.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=LordDarwin;353923671]... You do it because you're Human and enjoy learning!!![QUOTE]
im guessing we evolved to love learning

Ryan1985
07-07-2009, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=LordDarwin;353923671]... You do it because you're Human and enjoy learning!!![QUOTE]

I dont think you quite evolved...

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 02:24 PM
No spoon pics, absurd stupidity and ignorance. This person is a troll on a gimmick account. JordanSRT whereRu?!
a spoon is what i use to eat cereal, to you it is...? my alibi for not being a troll?
haha
kay man

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
... You do it because you're Human and enjoy learning!!!
Yes.

But some people (like yourself) haven't reached quite as far as the rest of us on the Evolutionary scale. You may just be the missing link, it's obvious from this conversation, that either your IQ is on the level of being deemed 'educationally subnormal' or there's a good chance you frontal lobes didn't mature properly in childhood.

Oh, and spoon pic please, from your lack of grammar & spelling I guess jordansrt??

Obviously not some 17yo girl on a BB forum in the R/P Section.

Ryan1985
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
a spoon is what i use to eat cereal, to you it is...? my alibi for not being a troll?
haha
kay man

Its generally used to make sure you're actually a person, instead of just some dude trolling our forum. (Which is what you are by the way)

Andre-n-Andre
07-07-2009, 02:29 PM
goodness...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Vagitarian
07-07-2009, 02:37 PM
I think she is actually dumber than jordansrt.

the two of them should hook up. their kids would probably be apes.

Holy ****ing lulz.

Ryan1985
07-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Not sure why we are speaking to her; she believes in the bible so obviously she should be bound by its rules:

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

So...basically. No backtalking the boys, ma'am.
http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/DarkBibleContents.htm

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Not sure why we are speaking to her; she believes in the bible so obviously she should be bound by its rules:

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

So...basically. No backtalking the boys, ma'am.
http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/DarkBibleContents.htm
If Christ is who you serve? doesnt seem like it oh and you forgot this one btw
"In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman."
yea, you need us bud=]
the head of every man is christ, can you say that its that way for you?
then what authority do you have to use scripture against me if you are the one against it...

Ryan1985
07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
"In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman."
yea, you need us bud=]
then what authority do you have to use scripture against me if you are the one against it...

Quite Troll!

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

The authority I have to use scripture is that YOU believe in it, so anything from it holds authority over YOU!

Vagitarian
07-07-2009, 03:09 PM
yea, you need us bud=]

Oh what's this? Contradictions in the Bible? Lulz.

And he can use it against you because you are the one who follows it.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Quite Troll!

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

The authority I have to use scripture is that YOU believe in it, so anything from it holds authority over YOU!
hey, sounds good but sorry to say but the bible is historical, in the time of that verse you pulled out on me was when very very very few women where educated, it was common sense for a woman to listen quietly bc they HAD NO EDUCATION BACK THEN. read history b4 posting random verses

MISTERDUDE
07-07-2009, 03:14 PM
It offers different versions of the Scriptures from later editions of the Bible, notably in St Mark's Gospel which ends 12 verses before later versions, omitting the appearance of the resurrected Jesus Christ.

So the Resurrection in the Gospel of Mark is left out....that's it. It doesn't say the other books don't speak of the resurrection too. Other books mention Christ's resurrection.

In short: I didn't read this thread, but did anyone bother to read the actual article?

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 03:15 PM
hey, sounds good but sorry to say but the bible is historical, in the time of that verse you pulled out on me was when very very very few women where educated, it was common sense for a woman to listen quietly bc they HAD NO EDUCATION BACK THEN. read history b4 posting random verses
World flood?
Talking snake?
Mankind came from incest?
Walking on water?

History?

...I lol'ed

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 03:16 PM
So the Resurrection in the Gospel of Mark is left out....that's it. It doesn't say the other books don't speak of the resurrection too. Other books mention Christ's resurrection.

In short: I didn't read this thread, but did anyone bother to read the actual article?
you mean go to the site and look at the book?

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 03:17 PM
World flood?
Talking snake?
Mankind came from incest?
Walking on water?

History?

...I lol'ed
world flood, is history, archiologists can back that up=]
(athiest/pagan/secular witness' of christ+ ocurences of his ressurection)
Cornelius tacitus
Lucian of samosata
suetonius
Pliny the younger
thallus
phlegon
mara bar-serapion

why would a pagan confirm these things...
history

Arbex
07-07-2009, 03:17 PM
lol thats kinda true

4Levenlat03V, you are 17 and a female.

Asking you to be an atheist is like telling Michael Jackson to have sex with 25+ year old women.

Women are much more emotional animals then men are and I wouldn't doubt a bit you actually believe Jesus existed.

I don't expect you to become an atheist at your age as you have a lot to learn. But since you are here, you'll be hearing a lot of arguments against what you believe and hopefully one day--when you learn a lot more on your own--you'll eventually become one.

PS. here's an advice:

Scripture is not reality so studying them is the biggest waste of time ever.

For more on this, go here: http://richarddawkins.net/article,88,The-Emptiness-of-Theology,Richard-Dawkins

Read where those scriptures came from and what preceded those scriptures.

The most intelligent men on the planet were/are atheists for a reason.

Good luck and I hope you find the truth on your own as most of us atheists on here have.

Vagitarian
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
^Good post dave man.

No they can't...because it never happened.

user5145
07-07-2009, 03:23 PM
lol

LOL WUT Science laughs at you. It is fact that homosexual behavior occurs in many species of animals. Stop letting your delusions rule your mind.

Arbex
07-07-2009, 03:26 PM
LOL WUT Science laughs at you. It is fact that homosexual behavior occurs in many species of animals. Stop letting your delusions rule your mind.

She--wait, wait, wait, scratch that. HE is probably another troll.

LordDarwin
07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I've got news for you love. (no homo)

Archaeologically is different from Geology.

If you don't even know the difference between the two fields of Science, what makes you think you know the facts about them?!

NJlifter88
07-07-2009, 03:44 PM
why in the hell would i believe in a resurrection unless i saw it with my own eyes? it simply wouldn't be sane to do so.

Blindead
07-08-2009, 07:36 PM
(athiest/pagan/secular witness' of christ+ ocurences of his ressurection)
Cornelius tacitus
Lucian of samosata
suetonius
Pliny the younger
thallus
phlegon
mara bar-serapion

why would a pagan confirm these things...
history

you're lucky you're hot or I'd tell you to kill yourself. ooops.