PDA

View Full Version : Just carb/food loaded for 1st time in months

Mike83
07-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I have been training my body to the extreme limits under a very strict diet. I am right now in just about the best shape of my life but lately i noticed ive been extremely fatigued and lethargic. Today i felt really off and felt like something was wrong, I just decided to eat some things not on my normal nazi diet, It feels good but i feel so bloated. I think my body really needed this, im training 6 days aweek and 7 days of cardio.

Prolly racked up 1-2k calories, tomorrow i will do some extra cardio. If your interested i started out making these protein pancakes with a bunch of wheat fiber flour added to it, also 2 eggs, 2 scoops pb protein powder, 2tbs peanut butter, baking powder. Came out not too bad but i was fiending something more. So i had some cookies,1cup of ice cream or so,some blue corn torrila chips. Atleast i didnt go to a fast food place :)

btw, i dont do cheat meals, and have been cutting for 3months or so without one i believe.

So i think this unexpected carb and food load should help me out alittle, even so i will increase cardio just for tomarrow. You know how it is.

vadox6466
07-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I have been training my body to the extreme limits under a very strict diet. I am right now in just about the best shape of my life but lately i noticed ive been extremely fatigued and lethargic. Today i felt really off and felt like something was wrong, I just decided to eat some things not on my normal nazi diet, It feels good but i feel so bloated. I think my body really needed this, im training 6 days aweek and 7 days of cardio.

Prolly racked up 1-2k calories, tomorrow i will do some extra cardio. If your interested i started out making these protein pancakes with a bunch of wheat fiber flour added to it, also 2 eggs, 2 scoops pb protein powder, 2tbs peanut butter, baking powder. Came out not too bad but i was fiending something more. So i had some cookies,1cup of ice cream or so,some blue corn torrila chips. Atleast i didnt go to a fast food place :)

btw, i dont do cheat meals, and have been cutting for 3months or so without one i believe.

So i think this unexpected carb and food load should help me out alittle, even so i will increase cardio just for tomarrow. You know how it is.

if you're low-carbing throughout the week, you gotta know how to do a refeed to avoid fat gain.

basics are.. as little fat as possible (60g or so), CHO at 4xLBM in grams (yes, this means 600g+ at the LOWEST range), PRO at bodyweight.

CHO mustn't come from fructose. Also, as little sucrose as possible, as it's 50% fructose

more info as to why and how here:

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/carbs_cycling_experience?id=2921580&pageNo=14

EDIT: yes, read whole thread. yes, gave you epic cliffs

Mike83
07-04-2009, 09:26 PM
if you're low-carbing throughout the week, you gotta know how to do a refeed to avoid fat gain.

basics are.. as little fat as possible (60g or so), CHO at 4xLBM in grams (yes, this means 600g+ at the LOWEST range), PRO at bodyweight.

CHO mustn't come from fructose. Also, as little sucrose as possible, as it's 50% fructose

more info as to why and how here:

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/carbs_cycling_experience?id=2921580&pageNo=14

EDIT: yes, read whole thread. yes, gave you epic cliffs

thanks for the tips, whats CHO mean?

I just ate half a box of cinnomon toast crunch and can hardly move now. lol

I cant wait til the morning to redeem myself in the gym.

The_Animal11
07-04-2009, 09:31 PM
sounds like your norm is pretty unhealthy man.

vadox6466
07-04-2009, 09:32 PM
thanks for the tips, whats CHO mean?

I just ate half a box of cinnomon toast crunch and can hardly move now. lol

I cant wait til the morning to redeem myself in the gym.

carbs.

i did a refeed two weeks ago first time after alternating no/low (low=150g carbs) carb days for a month. Wasn't making progress for 2 weeks, getting super tired, etc. had 450+g CHO (carbohydrates) that refeed. Next morning, weight was up 5lbs, but got back to baseline (weight morning of refeed) and then got 2lb's under it for next week. Then last week, did another refeed with 180g protein, ~50g fat, and 850+ CHO. Was up 10lbs next morning.

Got back to baseline again in a few days, and right now i'm sitting at 2 days before my next refeed at 0.5lb's below baseline. I don't think i'll go quite as high as last week.. unless i magically drop another 1.0lb or 1.5lb over next 2 days