PDA

View Full Version : lost all hope

lilvibez
07-02-2009, 11:47 PM
i think i've hit rock bottom. i havent been on this site for ages and today is the first time in months im back on. ive stopped lifting, ive lost all my strength and weight that i worked really hard for back a year ago. sadly my mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer who is a single hardworking mother, and weeks back a girl that i really loved, and spent so much time is avoiding me for months. she won't even tell me whats up or what the hell i did wrong. she just seemed to dissappear, and won't even talk to me anymore. her friends told me she went back to her ex, who is extremely wealthy and doing better in life then i ever will. i got some great help from some great people, when i started off. i hope i can get some help to bring me back. being in the gym was the only thing i ever loved in life, now that is slowing fading away..

Limitzx
07-02-2009, 11:53 PM
if you loved the gym before all that happened.
you should still love it now. you must miss it if you back on this website :)
Welcome back hope you stay for good!

JolietKev
07-03-2009, 05:04 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your mom. I am sure that this is a very difficult time for both of you. It looks as though this is a very stressfull time for you with all that is going on. When you are in your current place, you are not going to have the energy to workout so do not make that another stress. Your body is trying to cope with allthat is going on so you need to do that mentally as well. If I were you I would talk to a counselor or a pastor, an objective bystander that you can really open up to. try to eat as healthy as possible as well and stay away from substances you should not be taking. Give your mom as many hugs and kisses as possible. Make her laugh and tell her that you love her as much and as many times as you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I will say a prayer for you now as well.

blockmonkey
07-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Forget the girl if she only went back to the ex for financial security, she ain't worth Jack. You need to stay strong For your Mum right now, Hitting the gym will help focus your mind and the fact that you are only 17 will mean you will get back to where you were in no time.

Good luck
Aaron

seanybabe1986
07-03-2009, 05:50 AM
when life knocks u down just get back up wen it knocks u down, lifting is the best anti depressant mood lifter goin, come on dude u got this

mysterystench
07-03-2009, 06:02 AM
use the gym to clear your mind man.

set some time aside everyday to get to the gym or browse the site, and just keep it active in your life.

Go get yourself a decent stash of supplements to get and keep your mind and body going..

DanTheManB
07-03-2009, 07:26 AM
If you're losing interest in things you love it is the first sign of depression. Please see a Doctor my friend if this continues.

As far as lifting, take a break if you need to. I recommend some type of cardio at least to get some good feelings in your mind going again. Get lost in something, reading books, comic books, movies, puzzles, video games....

Do something to help you meditate.

To be honest lifting is the best thing in the world for that.Work through it. Mental strength must be there before physical.

johnderriLLL
07-03-2009, 08:00 AM
im glad your back, we are here for you man.

Rick1824
07-03-2009, 08:52 AM
i think i've hit rock bottom. i havent been on this site for ages and today is the first time in months im back on. ive stopped lifting, ive lost all my strength and weight that i worked really hard for back a year ago. sadly my mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer who is a single hardworking mother, and weeks back a girl that i really loved, and spent so much time is avoiding me for months. she won't even tell me whats up or what the hell i did wrong. she just seemed to dissappear, and won't even talk to me anymore. her friends told me she went back to her ex, who is extremely wealthy and doing better in life then i ever will. i got some great help from some great people, when i started off. i hope i can get some help to bring me back. being in the gym was the only thing i ever loved in life, now that is slowing fading away..

With everything you have going on and you losing all interst, might be a good idea to check in with a doctor. On the chance that you're begining to experience a bit of depression it needs to be put in check and taken care of. In a lot of situations it's just tempory help to get you through a tough time until you get back in control. Your mom is going to need you to be strong so you need to take care of yourself.

As for the girl situation, I went through the exact same thing about 2 years ago. Ultimately I had to end it because this person kept coming back, leaving, coming back, leaving, just a bunch of bs and lies, it was ridiculous. They're users and game players and really don't care about anyone other than themselves. It sucks the big one and you're not the one who did anything wrong, she did. She took advantage of your affections and decieved you by making you feel as if she felt the same towards you. When in fact all she saw was the dollar signs, being a part of "that" group and you were nothing but a tool for her. So you need to suck it up and move on, realize that you are a far better person than she ever will be or that she ever deserves in her life. If that doesn't work for you, then a shallow grave in the back yard is always an option, but should be a last resort =).

So forget the girl, you're too good for her and she'll never be worthy of you. Step back and get you're thoughts in order, toughen up and focus on what's going on and get things pulled together. If you need help to do so, don't be ashamed to see a doctor and admit that you need a little help for the time being. Take care of your mom, do what you can to help her out and be very supportive of her and what she is going through right now, she doesn't need to see you falling apart around her. Then, get back into the gym and focus on your diet and your workouts, and think about grabbing a friend and taking him along to help motivate you.

Good Luck.

eranfu
07-03-2009, 12:08 PM

2 things:

1) Depression feeds off itself. Its a viscious cycle because it makes you believe you dont want to do things that you really do love doing. It clouds your judgement, and gets stronger every time you give into it. But, on the other hand, once you break its hold even just slightly it will become easier and easier to climb out of it.

2) you know you love going to the gym, you are just distracted by other (significant) things. The gym is still there for you, and it always will be. Its just a matter of taking that first step back into it.

ruds55
07-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey man sorry about your mom, just focus daily on what you can do with her. Act as if it may be your last day with her so you'll never regret not spending the time when you had it..... Trust me I just lost someone very close to me 2 weeks ago and it was unexpected. From the knock on my door that morning till today I keep going over in my head what I should or could have done if I knew they wouldn't be here tomorrow....

As for the girl.... Oh to be young again!!! You'll never believe the rest of us but that empty feeling suddenly goes away the next time someone new winks at ya or rubs her hand down your arm!!!

Focus on you, focus on your family, and focus on the gym!! You?ll be amazed how the ladies will respond to that!

Gx7Pyro
07-04-2009, 01:17 AM
let me tell you something - you have not lost all hope. nowhere near it. proof is right here - you are on this site, asking for help. you have the will to pull yourself out of this hole and to keep living, and that will ultimately give you the strength to return to your previous self, and to rise even higher. you have the answer to your problem inside of you. its just waiting to be found. dont let the darkness keep you from achieving your goals in life.

shivers316
07-04-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Both my parents passed away when I was young so I know how scary it can be to think you might lose someone you love. As far as the girl goes...if she's that superficial, then I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Don't let the perils of life stop you from being the best you that YOU can be. You control your own fate. Welcome back to the site, by the way, and I hope that you find your way back to the gym.