PDA

View Full Version : Motivation after horrendously cheating your diet?

4Levenlat03V
07-02-2009, 08:52 PM
TODAY:consumed 520 calories, 89(g) of carbs and 78(g) of sugar. IN ONE WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA, CHAI VENTI FRAPPACINO!
well plus some more BAD outside food.(grr outside food)
CHEATED WAYY OVER MY DIET.
i feel no motivaton, i dont know whether to rest my head on my pillow and await the new day or if doing a couple crunches will Help at all tonight.

WHAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED???
-input please- :)

RLara85
07-02-2009, 09:25 PM
TODAY:consumed 520 calories, 89(g) of carbs and 78(g) of sugar. IN ONE WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA, CHAI VENTI FRAPPACINO!
i feel no motivaton, i dont know whether to rest my head on my pillow and await the new day or if doing a couple crunches will Help at all tonight.

What's done is done. A few crunches aren't going to do sh*t, so you might as well just sit back and enjoy what's left of today without worry. Tomorrow is a new day, and tomorrow you decide which path you'll take.... want motivation? Think of how crappy you feel right now after binging on food... think of that feeling next time you feel like splurging. What's worth more? A few minutes of bliss or a trophy, your body, that you carry with you everywhere you go?

nakedsnake
07-02-2009, 10:13 PM

That's not really horrendously cheating on your diet.

Horendous would be woofing down an entire large pizza, having two bowls of icecream, an entire package of chips ahoy two hours later with milk, then saying screw it im going all the way and having a western bacon double cheeseburger with crisscut fries and a large milkshake later that night. Yes I've done that, and surprisingly within a couple days of simple healthy eating I was right back to the weight I was before.

Stay active, lift weight, and make the best effort you can to eat healthy, it's all you can do to make up for it.

boogie102786
07-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I've been cheating since I got drunk last friday night. I've done cardio once this week and only lifted monday(leg day). I just got done eating a cheeseburger, fries, and potato salad at like 10:30. Been a screwed up week, and with 4th of july this weekend, it can only get worse.

4Levenlat03V
07-03-2009, 07:36 AM
That's not really horrendously cheating on your diet.

Horendous would be woofing down an entire large pizza, having two bowls of icecream, an entire package of chips ahoy two hours later with milk, then saying screw it im going all the way and having a western bacon double cheeseburger with crisscut fries and a large milkshake later that night. Yes I've done that, and surprisingly within a couple days of simple healthy eating I was right back to the weight I was before.

Stay active, lift weight, and make the best effort you can to eat healthy, it's all you can do to make up for it.

haha true, i honestly didnt think anyone could ever do that until i read the end of your post.
thats ridiculous, but it def makes me feel alot better bout my splurge yesterday=]
good job on getting back on track tho, i dont know if i would have been that motivated, thats really awesome

Etherealm
07-03-2009, 07:50 AM
I've been cheating since I got drunk last friday night. I've done cardio once this week and only lifted monday(leg day). I just got done eating a cheeseburger, fries, and potato salad at like 10:30. Been a screwed up week, and with 4th of july this weekend, it can only get worse.

This post makes me wonder if I suffer from multiple personality disorder. I've been on the exact same pattern since last Friday, except add a bit more of getting drunk through the week. I drank over 1.5 gallons of beer, ate poutine, pizza, club sandwich, bacon and a lot of other greasy food in the last 7 days. Tonight is party night and tomorrow is a wedding day so it won't get any better. What's weird is I lost 5lbs this week and I'm puzzled by this. I've been stable at 155 for a month and now that I stopped everything, my weight drops. How is that possible?

If cheating makes you feel bad, just do more cardio the next day to feel better about yourself? Honestly though, I wouldn't consider this cheating or messing with your diet. I used to be like that, everytime I had to eat outside, I'd feel bad about it until I realised it never really changed anything and that it was more psychological than anything else.

Rick1824
07-03-2009, 01:47 PM

If you call that cheating all I can think of is...you're a lightweight when it comes to cheating =)

I don't think it should be considered cheating...it's more like a reward for all that hard work, sweat and dedication...enjoy it and then get back to work.

johnderriLLL
07-03-2009, 05:46 PM
read my sig. what do u intend to do about what you have eaten? oh yea and eat 2 good things for every one bad thing.

wrecking_ball
07-03-2009, 08:11 PM

Theres 3500 calories in a lb of body fat so I just wouldn't worry much about it. When I mess up on my diet I just remind myself of that little fact and that I'll survive. I also then reset my cheat day to that current day, little personal punishment to keep the train moving. Im a bit of a masochist though so that helps.

Hydrochloric
07-03-2009, 10:35 PM

You'll live.

Just don't do it again if you hate it this much.

I fail to see how this is horrendously cheating.

shivers316
07-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah, that's definitely not a bad cheat. You should see what I have as my cheat meal every week. Just stay strong, don't feel bad, and definitely don't give up.

4Levenlat03V
07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Theres 3500 calories in a lb of body fat so I just wouldn't worry much about it. When I mess up on my diet I just remind myself of that little fact and that I'll survive. I also then reset my cheat day to that current day, little personal punishment to keep the train moving. Im a bit of a masochist though so that helps.
wow, okay ill keep that in mind next time. thats a really good fact that i have bnever heard of and if i knew i prob would not feel as bad about a 300 cal or more=]
silly me, thanks for that

wrecking_ball
07-06-2009, 07:44 PM
No problem, just don't let that fact weasel its way into a cheating habit!

DrakeStryker
07-06-2009, 07:51 PM
That's not cheating that badly. Cheating is the largest bag of Cool Ranch Doritos you can find, with as much Chi-Chi's medium salsa that you can fit on each chip and a six-pack of Guinness. And to answer your upcoming question, yes, I am guilty of performing that cheat before. Not in over a month, but still...

will76
07-06-2009, 09:56 PM
like what has been said, you really didn't do that bad in cheating. i mean sure it may be over what you would have liked it to be, but like the saying goes, "everything in moderation." i personally think it's alright to "cheat" once in awhile because it helps you keep sane. sticking to a rigid diet can be tough and not very enjoyable. that's where having a fancy startbucks drink or whatever comes in. it's that break that you've been craving. now that you've had it, it's time to get back on it again. don't beat yourself up. just remember what your goals are and you'll get there!

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 09:39 AM
No problem, just don't let that fact weasel its way into a cheating habit!

haha it wont:)

Il_Dago
07-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Cheats aren't the end unless you allow them to be so. I'm pretty sure I pulled 4000 cals on the 4th from all of the delicious BBQ and booze (sidenote: sweet tea vodka should never be shot, only mixed). Today, after skipping a day to ditch water weight I weighed in at precisely what I weighed in last Monday. Cheats won't kill you, just throw yourself headfirst right back into the gym!

LikeAMachine
07-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Next time you get something like this. Just look at the next person in line (usually a fat beast) and say to yourself, "I'll never be like that" and burn it off in the gym.

4Levenlat03V
07-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Next time you get something like this. Just look at the next person in line (usually a fat beast) and say to yourself, "I'll never be like that" and burn it off in the gym.
awww haha
there usually is.....sadly:(

Pierre
07-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Think of it at as a 1 day bulking, you`ll have the rest of the week to sweat it out.