PDA

View Full Version : No carbs before bed?

Hayeder
07-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I read somewhere that eating carbs before bed will prevent a release of a certain growth hormone that only acts within the first hour of sleep, I have an idea that this hormone is more to do with fat burning that anything else but I don't know. The reason I don't know is because I forgot the name of the hormone and only remember two things: "no carbs before bed" and thinking that this rule may not apply to me because of the context of the article - it was one RE. fat burning in FLEX UK. I cannot remember the name of the main article but the name os the sub article in which the rule was contained was called "split diet for leanness". And no, I do not have the magazine to hand, I gave it away as I thought I had soaked all the info up - maybe because loosing fat is never much of a bother to me (I play rugby anyway) I probably subconciously switched off.

Please inform me.

Cheers

Opies
07-02-2009, 05:47 PM
"FLEX"

'nuff said

(carbs before bed is fine)

jonnyspaghettio
07-02-2009, 05:59 PM
"FLEX"

'nuff said

x2

and its not that easy to affect growth hormones negatively, so iv read...

MEDITATE
07-02-2009, 06:25 PM
"flex"

'nuff said

papasmurf2217
07-02-2009, 06:35 PM
"FLEX"

'nuff said

x4 keep going

CKO89
07-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Eating carbohydrates before bed is not a problem. If you're going to eat before bed there's no getting around eating some carbohydrates, and for that matter, some protein and fat as well.. It's called food.

tabasco.sauce
07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
in the battle between carbz, bed bugz and teh catabolismz... chuck norris always wins..

James243
07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
"FLEX"

'nuff said

/thread

in10city
07-02-2009, 06:40 PM
I read somewhere that eating carbs before bed will prevent a release of a certain growth hormone that only acts within the first hour of sleep, I have an idea that this hormone is more to do with fat burning that anything else but I don't know. The reason I don't know is because I forgot the name of the hormone and only remember two things: "no carbs before bed" and thinking that this rule may not apply to me because of the context of the article - it was one RE. fat burning in FLEX UK. I cannot remember the name of the main article but the name os the sub article in which the rule was contained was called "split diet for leanness". And no, I do not have the magazine to hand, I gave it away as I thought I had soaked all the info up - maybe because loosing fat is never much of a bother to me (I play rugby anyway) I probably subconciously switched off.

Please inform me.

Cheers
While it is true in the absolute sense that GH release can be dose-dependantly suppressed via elevated blood sugar, insulin and somatostatin from eating fats, the actual overall physiologic significance or lack thereof tends to get overexaggerated. Mind you, there is also a rebound effect as a result of the initial suppression