PDA

View Full Version : 3 month mark...

takman
07-02-2009, 04:22 AM
so today is exactly 3 months since i got my gym membership.

So i decided what the hell and see what i max on the deadlift. i put up 300 pounds! i know to some people it may not seem much, but i have powerlifted a dead-lift maybe 5 times in my life.....i think highschool was the last time.

Anyways, it had been three years since i had worked out till i started back up 3 months ago. I stopped because of troublesome shoulder. 1 year ago i moved to a foreign country ( was living in california), and gained 30 pounds of fat in maybe 3 months time.

So.....after 12 weeks now i have lost 25 pounds. And gained a lot of strength. about a month ago i had done something to my left bicep ( where it meets your shoulder near your armpit) when i was bench pressing. So i nursed it as best as i could, stretched properly, basically did everything i could to make it better, and eventually the pain went away...just pumped it out of there! I thought at one point it was really going to halt my progress, because at times it was painful...but i never gave up!!

i would also like to add that lifting has helped with depression i had been having, since coming to a new country, trying to make friends, meeting a girl etc...Some days i feel really down, then i go to the gym..get pumped and i feel better!

These are my current stats:, every week its been getting better.

deadlift 300
bench 275
squat 250

thanks for reading.

-GentleGiant-
07-02-2009, 12:20 PM
so today is exactly 3 months since i got my gym membership.

So i decided what the hell and see what i max on the deadlift. i put up 300 pounds! i know to some people it may not seem much, but i have powerlifted a dead-lift maybe 5 times in my life.....i think highschool was the last time.

Anyways, it had been three years since i had worked out till i started back up 3 months ago. I stopped because of troublesome shoulder. 1 year ago i moved to a foreign country ( was living in california), and gained 30 pounds of fat in maybe 3 months time.

So.....after 12 weeks now i have lost 25 pounds. And gained a lot of strength. about a month ago i had done something to my left bicep ( where it meets your shoulder near your armpit) when i was bench pressing. So i nursed it as best as i could, stretched properly, basically did everything i could to make it better, and eventually the pain went away...just pumped it out of there! I thought at one point it was really going to halt my progress, because at times it was painful...but i never gave up!!

i would also like to add that lifting has helped with depression i had been having, since coming to a new country, trying to make friends, meeting a girl etc...Some days i feel really down, then i go to the gym..get pumped and i feel better!

These are my current stats:, every week its been getting better.

deadlift 300
bench 275
squat 250

thanks for reading.

Congratulations on losing weight. Lifting also helps me with depression because when I lift I forget about all the problems I have and stay focused on working out and trying to look my best.

takman
07-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Congratulations on losing weight. Lifting also helps me with depression because when I lift I forget about all the problems I have and stay focused on working out and trying to look my best.

thanks bro.

BTW, you look friggen ripped in your pic man. Congrats, i know it took a lot of work to get there, and will take even more to maintain it.

Thats another source of my motivation as well, seeing guys in the gym who are bigger than me....thats how i want to look, so i train harder to get there.

joeycrack_au
07-03-2009, 04:17 AM
good work bro, 300lbs isn't an easy feat after 3 months of lifting.

takman
07-03-2009, 05:05 AM
good work bro, 300lbs isn't an easy feat after 3 months of lifting.

thanks man!