PDA

View Full Version : Protein Bars and Soy

BJE
07-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Has anyone noticed that most protein bars have soy protein? I avoid soy like the plague. I have a hard time finding bars without soy protein. Does anyone have a favorite protein bar that doesn't contain soy?

willldabeast
07-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Has anyone noticed that most protein bars have soy protein? I avoid soy like the plague. I have a hard time finding bars without soy protein. Does anyone have a favorite protein bar that doesn't contain soy?

there are actually a ton of them..i deont think pure protein, vpx, met-rx, or other of those types of bars do....but why are you so scared of soy?

BJE
07-01-2009, 07:13 PM
there are actually a ton of them..i deont think pure protein, vpx, met-rx, or other of those types of bars do....but why are you so scared of soy?

The bars you mention are probably higher quality than the common ones found in grocery stores.

I avoid soy because of it's estrogenic effects. I'm having a hard time keeping my hormones in balance and I don't need something else to upset the balance.

Is This The Most Dangerous Food For Men Men's Health Magazine
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=nutrition&category=food.for.fitness&conitem=0ad3803313651210VgnVCM10000013281eac____