PDA

View Full Version : Lady truck driver in need of help ...

LadyTrucker
07-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I need help on how I can eat on the road and work out. Any suggestions? I have gained major weight especially since I quit smoking. I drink plenty of water thats all I have on the truck with me. When I get home I just lose all interest in everything. If anyone has any ideas let me know thanks

Dirty Diesel
07-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Hey I'm an Army Trucker and basically all I did is invest in a plug in cooler and tupperware set. Cook all my meals in advance.. and the coleman stove to warm up any major dishs (eggs) while in the parking lot.

As for working out, my stops are on bases, so I go the local gym there. Or if in some weird city, don up those running shoes and go for a run. Get the iPod out, and relax after those 13 hrs of driving. Hit the truck stop shower afterwards, and you are all set for the next day.

Regards,
One professional driver to another.

greddysi
07-01-2009, 05:49 PM
i had a army buddy who was a truck driver who when he made stops would workout using chains he had on his truck and go for runs every chance he got.

iDrive
07-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Be more consious of what you're eating. It would be ideal if you could prepare all your meals in advance but if you're forced to eat out do so sensibly. Watch your portions and don't pig out. Make small changes first that lead to bigger ones.