PDA

View Full Version : Wow why is the government regulating everything?

voltio8836
07-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Like what the F man?

Doesn't the government regulate doctors (licenses), driving licenses, commercial license, business license, construction license?

So this is complete BS. If someone is a smart person and studied alot of medicine with his own time, but can't afford to get a doctor's license, why shouldn't he be able to practice his skills? Complete BS. Why does the government always have to stick its nose everywhere and regulate how many doctors get licenses etc?

What about construction? If someone designed a good skyscraper architecture and a client was willing to buy it, why the F does the government have to get in the middle of the 2 and regulate it? So BS.

F the government.

jordansrt
07-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Like what the F man?

Doesn't the government regulate doctors (licenses), driving licenses, commercial license, business license, construction license?

So this is complete BS. If someone is a smart person and studied alot of medicine with his own time, but can't afford to get a doctor's license, why shouldn't he be able to practice his skills? Complete BS. Why does the government always have to stick its nose everywhere and regulate how many doctors get licenses etc?

What about construction? If someone designed a good skyscraper architecture and a client was willing to buy it, why the F does the government have to get in the middle of the 2 and regulate it? So BS.

F the government.

I believe that doctors do get paid good and if they did have to pay for anything it shouldbe after their established and can afford to do so

YARDGORILLA
07-01-2009, 12:27 PM
SID VICIOUS everyone.

voltio8836
07-01-2009, 12:33 PM
I believe that doctors do get paid good and if they did have to pay for anything it shouldbe after their established and can afford to do so

Yeah but it is BS that I'm not even allowed to open my own shop to sell candy or munchies without the government getting in my face and forcing me to get a damn license for it and pay commercial taxes. WTF

thorton
07-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Like what the F man?

F the government.

Because, we want them too.

nutsy54
07-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Because we elected a President and Congress who told us that we're too stupid to make decisions for ourselves, so Big Mommy Government in Washington will take care of everything for us.

stealth_swimmer
07-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Because we elected a President and Congress who told us that we're too stupid to make decisions for ourselves, so Big Mommy Government in Washington will take care of everything for us.

no, this kinda stuff has been goin on for a long time already

Raio
07-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Like what the F man?

F the government.

Cause that's democracy.

Stizzel
07-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Cause that's democracy.

When did America become a democracy?

:confused:

DCarruso
07-01-2009, 02:28 PM
B/c the Central Planners know what is best for you. :D

Stizzel
07-01-2009, 02:29 PM
B/c the Central Planners know what is best for you. :D

Who else could have had the wisdom and forsight to slash interest rates over the better part of the last decade?

There's no problem paper can't fix!

moocow2024
07-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Cause that's democracy.

hilarious.

by the way... if im sick, i want the doctor looking at me to be accredited. not many things in life are free. if you want to complain about taxes, then vote libertarian next election.

DCarruso
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Who else could have had the wisdom and forsight to slash interest rates over the better part of the last decade?

There's no problem paper can't fix!
Well, this is even better. The Fed is buying bonds to keep interest rate down, while the Treasury is printing bonds and selling them like crazy so they can raise the money to fund the Central Planners' spending plans. :D Cool huh? That ought to work.

Stizzel
07-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, this is even better. The Fed is buying bonds to keep interest rate down, while the Treasury is printing bonds and selling them like crazy so they can raise the money to fund the Central Planners' spending plans. :D Cool huh? That ought to work.

Well, slashing rates is great and all but eventually you get too close to 0 and you have to start getting creative

Pay_Me
07-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Well, slashing rates is great and all but eventually you get too close to 0 and you have to start getting creative

Why not go negative?

At one of my recent Harvard seminars, a graduate student proposed a clever scheme to [make holding money less attractive].

Imagine that the Fed were to announce that, a year from today, it would pick a digit from zero to 9 out of a hat. All currency with a serial number ending in that digit would no longer be legal tender. Suddenly, the expected return to holding currency would become negative 10 percent.

That move would free the Fed to cut interest rates below zero. People would be delighted to lend money at negative 3 percent, since losing 3 percent is better than losing 10.

Of course, some people might decide that at those rates, they would rather spend the money ? for example, by buying a new car. But because expanding aggregate demand is precisely the goal of the interest rate cut, such an incentive isn?t a flaw ? it?s a benefit.

There are so huge wackjobs in this world.

Quoted that part from a response to it here....
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/04/economist-mankiw-defends-policy-of.html