PDA

View Full Version : Great Work Out

redbullrr
06-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Sometimes all it takes to motivate you is a solid work out. Yesterday I had a great chest and arm work out. I had just changed my routine from 5x5 to reps of 8-12. Its funny how much your mind plays tricks on you when counting reps.

This was a good feeling for me cause I have been benching with a rotator cuff pain. Changed to a more comfortable position on the free bench and wow what a difference. Thanks to the guys over on Strong Man I was able to get my bench up.

LEE-TARQUIN-UK
07-01-2009, 05:52 AM
It's true man, varying your work outs can keep things interesting and avoid monotony.

Also getting stuck in the same old routine is going to end up in your gains hitting the wall.

I like to keep motivated by varying the type of HIIT I do each time, as well as changing my overall weight routine every 3-4 weeks.

I also like to vary where I train, I go between the local gym and my own set of free weights in my garage.

Theo1712
07-01-2009, 06:05 AM
Sometimes all it takes to motivate you is a solid work out. Yesterday I had a great chest and arm work out. I had just changed my routine from 5x5 to reps of 8-12. Its funny how much your mind plays tricks on you when counting reps.

This was a good feeling for me cause I have been benching with a rotator cuff pain. Changed to a more comfortable position on the free bench and wow what a difference. Thanks to the guys over on Strong Man I was able to get my bench up.

I'm glad to hear. I feel it the same way. Just noticed you said you had RC pain during bench press.

If it's still bugging you sometimes, do urself a favor and watch this :)

vUcjOIZc80c

kind regards,

Theo

runningtherack
07-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Glad to hear you're motivated:)

It's great to be amped after a good workout, but don't forget that long term motivation is key!

IMO, use the motivation you have now to perfect things up, be it workout or nutrition:)