PDA

View Full Version : Is this faulty logic when it comes to cutting/bulking?

shoobey
06-29-2009, 05:19 PM
People keep asking me in real life and on here why the f I continue to cut if I already have very low bodyfat. I know I need to bulk for a very long time, probably a few years of clean bulking. I know my bodyfat is going to go up during bulking. I don't seem to lose muscle the way I cut, so I figured why not just keep cutting until I can get my bodyfat down insanely low, that way I will have a lot of room to bulk before I might think I need to cut for a bit to get rid of fat. If I start bulking at 7% I figure I will look better by having lower bodyfat throughout the bulk even when it increases, than I would if I started at 11% bodyfat.

It's odd because I am cutting now only to prep for bulking. I'm not cutting right now to try to look like this for good, I know it's pointless weighing nothing but having abs. I am only cutting right now to lower my bodyfat for bulking, but a lot of people think I am cutting just to cut.

Theenforcer1
06-29-2009, 05:26 PM
If people are asking you why your losing weight, you probably dont look good/have enough muscle to be cutting.

No reason to cut to an assanine low BF if your not competing/dont have enough muscle mass.

cyde
06-29-2009, 05:28 PM
There's a point where you can potentially lose muscle & strength, so cutting to there & beyond would be fruitless towards your goals.

Opies
06-29-2009, 05:28 PM
cutting below 10% is pointless if you naturally have a higher bodyfat%. Ecto's can go below 10% and stay pretty low while bulking, but if you aren't an ecto, you will shoot back up and probably over 10% pretty quickly because it is difficult to maintain that low of bf% if it is unnatural for you

shoobey
06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
If people are asking you why your losing weight, you probably dont look good/have enough muscle to be cutting.

No reason to cut to an assanine low BF if your not competing/dont have enough muscle mass.

yea that's the thing, I have enough muscle to not look anorexic, but not enough to look "normal", meaning right now I look like some guy whose on a diet and is now at crazy low bodyfat, not a guy that looks in shape.

Theenforcer1
06-29-2009, 05:37 PM
whats your height and weight

sounds like there is no point for you to be cutting...

cyde
06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
yea that's the thing, I have enough muscle to not look anorexic, but not enough to look "normal", meaning right now I look like some guy whose on a diet and is now at crazy low bodyfat, not a guy that looks in shape.

lol liar. post pics of crazy low body fat, troll.

shoobey
06-29-2009, 06:04 PM
lol liar. post pics of crazy low body fat, troll.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2j4rr50.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2pparm9.jpg

shoobey
06-29-2009, 06:08 PM
whats your height and weight

sounds like there is no point for you to be cutting...

5'7 138

shoobey
06-30-2009, 06:22 AM
bump

RpplesonFrmiSea
06-30-2009, 06:30 AM
lol non-troll.

I'd say you're about 8-9% BF, but there have certainly been lower cuts going on. I'm around 140lbs, 5' 8" and 8%, and I stopped my cut because I wasn't seeing it going much further without some drastic measures. While you've said you know that bulking takes years, I think you should really step back and think about the length of that time. Is it really going to be worth it to keep your abs for a couple weeks/months in the long run of things? If you're going to bulk anyway, it might just be worth doing and getting done with and cutting down again rather than cutting/bulking/cutting. But of course the order and length of time you do it in is entirely up to you, I'm simply offering another perspective. All the best!

shoobey
07-01-2009, 06:30 AM
bump

imTKain
07-01-2009, 07:19 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2j4rr50.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2pparm9.jpg

You look fine, quit whining. You're cut enough to bulk, yes. No reason to keep cutting right now unless you're about to compete...

shoobey
07-01-2009, 07:32 AM
You look fine, quit whining. You're cut enough to bulk, yes. No reason to keep cutting right now unless you're about to compete...

i want that damn flat stomach though lol

imTKain
07-03-2009, 04:32 AM
i want that damn flat stomach though lol

Pretty damn flat already! Maybe you're like me and have to get down to 6-7% BF to get rid of that last little pudge on the lower abs. **** sucks, but hey, fat flys off of my arms and chest lol