PDA

View Full Version : Who motivates you ?

Halothane
06-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Who? and why ?

JAY-
06-29-2009, 09:52 AM
frank mcgrath

not because he is portrayed as hard and never smiles in the animal pak ads but just because of the raw simplicity and brutality they try to put across, everybody knows he doesnt walk around or train in boots but it epitifies what the bodybuilding is about... sacrifice and hard work etc... you have to make sacrifices to get where you want to be!

LEE-TARQUIN-UK
06-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Fatties!

Fatties motivate me not to be like them

LIVE_FAST_
06-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Dorian Yates

why?
Nicknamed the Shadow, Mr. Olympia, and balls to the wall, and all out guy. Plus I am a big fan of HIIT.

lilhomeboy07
06-29-2009, 03:21 PM
ahhnold

guys ballin

IRAQ911
06-29-2009, 03:50 PM
my mirror , cause i love my body now though i don't have 6 packs or huge body but my aim is to be huge/big and eat IRON

:)

johnderriLLL
06-29-2009, 04:18 PM
phil keoghan of the amazing race. he has a book called no opportunity wasted its fantastic.

Darkpyro12
06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
It sounds stupid but there is a girl that I am in love with. Every time during a set of heavy squats or any other lift where I want to give up, I just imagine her and I either finish the set, or finish the set and do an extra few reps. But hey, Ill take anything to help me work out harder and longer.

brianhenny
06-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Seeing transformation pictures and realizing i'll be able to post them one day.

89FoxBody
06-29-2009, 11:26 PM
My dad. He's 56 this year and works out with me, so I wanna keep with it so he will keep going and maybe he'll get a couple more years out of it. Hopefully.

darkartist81
06-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Arnold, just because he was a hero of mine growing up... He was the reason I got back into it again now, I've always looked up to him.

Tom Platz, because of how much of a class act he was when he was in the sport. His legs were amazing as well, but he just had this way about him. He could spout philosophy and follow it up with disgustingly heavy squats. I've always loved that he was NOT your typical BBer at all. He made me believe that even a guy like myself could have an amazing physique.

iohk
06-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Megan Fox for obvious reasons

blockmonkey
06-30-2009, 02:16 AM
My 3 year old son

bresine
06-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Arnold and Lou F. I watch PUMPING IRON at least twice a week. Everytime I watch it, it reminds me of what hard work, pain, and sacrifice it takes to accomplish my goals. If you havnt seen PUMPING IRON...I highly suggest buying it. If you watch it, just notice how people look at Arnold, he is respected and feared at the same time...the best combination.

Lou Ferrig. is a beast also! ....really really motivating training sessions with his dad back in the 70s. Simply awesome!

ljd15
06-30-2009, 10:14 AM
myslef. why? seeing improvements inspire me to go even harder the next time around. imo thats how it should be for everyone.

-Lucifer
06-30-2009, 12:35 PM
ahhnold

guys ballin
^ This.

http://i40.tinypic.com/25kmwjd.jpg

Theo1712
06-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Dorian Yates - dedication.

iDrive
06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
myslef. why? seeing improvements inspire me to go even harder the next time around. imo thats how it should be for everyone.

This

LEE-TARQUIN-UK
06-30-2009, 02:28 PM
It sounds stupid but there is a girl that I am in love with. Every time during a set of heavy squats or any other lift where I want to give up, I just imagine her and I either finish the set, or finish the set and do an extra few reps. But hey, Ill take anything to help me work out harder and longer.

It's not at all stupid mate, I see a girl on and off due to her living abroad and I get motivation in that I want to look even better each time she comes home. Plus it means I should be better in the bedroom - throw her about a bit haha

As said it's important to be motivated by yourself, but there are allsorts of other people and factors that can help. The Rocky films got me back into training seriously again. One of the key factors was how ripped Dolf Lundgren was in the training/fight scenes (as well as sly) in Rocky 4... bangin soundtrack as well (a bit of an 80's fan)

Scha4
06-30-2009, 07:49 PM
My dad (He's 48) because whenever I call him to tell him a new PR, he always laughs and tells me "congrast, your almost up to man-weight".

nano.ix
06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Going with Frank Mcgrath here.

He's canadian, i met him, the animal quotes drive it in and theres alot more.

thuany
06-30-2009, 08:56 PM
arnold for me..

Antz1980
06-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I have been out of the gym for about 4 months. I have 3 jay Cutler DVD's and watched one of them, its re-ignited the fire.

Also, in Australia we have The Biggest Loser on TV, which also makes me wanna get off my arse and train! I think Bob is a legend!

Its a pity I have the flu today though :-(

Omfgorzzz
07-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Dorain Yates
His maintality and style of training ro through the roof and just amazzing.
Mom
She has supported me through a lot of weight loss over the last year and loves what i'm doing.
Grandfather
He has always been there and still encourages me to get better physicly.
Girlfriend
It was a cool feeling when she asked me to help her start training. So she could get her competitive dancing body back.

Il_Dago
07-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Quentin Jackson. It was he who got me started looking at MMA guys for fitness inspiration. I was attending an minor MMA promotion in Vegas and it's really hard to ignore a guy when he walks in with five perfect 10s in tow.

runningtherack
07-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Natural Bodybuilders better than me (those weighing 160lbs lean).

Because I can view myself as being as good as them one day:)

liztic
07-01-2009, 01:52 PM
my fiance and her two kids. I use them for motivation because I want to be around and healthy for them. Being a big guy my entire life (220 in grade nine, 310 in college, 280 now) I draw my motivation for a healthy long life from them. Every day i feel lazy and ****ty, not wanting to do a damn thing but fall back into my former lifestyle, i think of them and force my current fat ass up and hit the gym.

RLara85
07-01-2009, 05:14 PM
What motivates me? The fact that I've been given a set of talents in life and it would be a slap in the face to whoever/whatever created me to let those talents go to waste. I owe it to myself to give 100% when I am going to dedicate myself to something, If I'm not going to give 100% then there's no point in even trying.

You come to life as a vessel full of potential and dreams, the point is to leave the earth completely empty with all those dreams accomplished, or at least knowing you gave an honest effort to accomplish them. The saddest way to die is by taking all your unfulfilled dreams with you.

vsvs
07-01-2009, 05:38 PM
qSeVKCtprs

The718
07-01-2009, 05:45 PM
My parents, I want to always be a positive reflection of them and I find how you look affects how people treat you and what they think of you.

The fact that I've been given a set of talents in life and it would be a slap in the face to whoever/whatever created me to let those talents go to waste. I owe it to myself to give 100% when I am going to dedicate myself to something, If I'm not going to give 100% then there's no point in even trying.

You come to life as a vessel full of potential and dreams, the point is to leave the earth completely empty with all those dreams accomplished, or at least knowing you gave an honest effort to accomplish them. The saddest way to die is by taking all your unfulfilled dreams with you.

This is very motivational, reps

0asis
07-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Randy Orton

darvoz
07-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Randy Orton

Watching Markus Ruhl and Coleman Videos.

also, Self-Posing routines of myself/flexing etc in the mirror. Also, the way other people seem to treat you when you are fit and healthy looking..

sykesy123
07-10-2009, 05:37 AM
What motivates me? The fact that I've been given a set of talents in life and it would be a slap in the face to whoever/whatever created me to let those talents go to waste. I owe it to myself to give 100% when I am going to dedicate myself to something, If I'm not going to give 100% then there's no point in even trying.

THIS!
reps for this, epic

dorian yates for me
the guy oozes of dedication

imTKain
07-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Fatties - Because I don't want to be like them
Hotties - Because I want more of them
Dad - To prove him wrong and show him I CAN be a BBer

Steph_Ard
07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
My Six year old son he tells me how good I look everyday so I would hate to disappoint him