PDA

View Full Version : tightening stomach

jon84
04-14-2003, 09:36 PM
I've lost 80 lbs in about a year that's with 2 months off, but
I have a little gut it's at the very bottom. All my other parts of my baody are fine except that. I think it mite be that that area needs to to be tightened up, what do i do? And I really don't know if it's fat, or just loose skin. I wonder if Lipoderm-Y would work?
Please Help

RonJ73
04-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Loose skin will look very wrinkley and will feel like loose skin. Excess fat will be thicker and more heavy. If you lost that much weight, chances are it's a little of both. It will tighten up over time, but moisturizing creams will help a little bit, as will drinking a lot of water and building up the muscles in your arms, chest and upper back.

jon84
04-15-2003, 06:33 AM
I think your right it mite be a little of both because it does look kinda wrinkly. What's better Lipoderm-y Or Yohimburn I think
it my help me with this little gut thing that I have, what do you think?

RonJ73
04-15-2003, 10:34 AM
I hear a lot of good testimonials for Lipoderm, however as I understand it, it seems to be best for very small "pockets" of fat that won't go away. Personally, I recommend losing all the fat you can "naturally" first. Then, if there's something that's being stubborn, go for the Lipoderm or Yohim.

jon84
04-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Believe me this gut is very stuborn, VERY STUBORN
I'm doing 5 day's of cardio and I eat very clean like
chicken, tuna, salad, fish, veggies etc. So I'm going crazy
because it won't go away!! Did I mention I don't do any
ab workouts, I was told they don't work if you have a little fat covering them.

89fbirdguy
04-15-2003, 09:11 PM
abs are like the rest of your muscles, if you didn't work your biceps they would be flabby do weighted sitp-ups,crunches and hanging leg lifts to build muscles.CAN'T HAVE ABS WITHOUT GETTING THE MUSCLES THERE IN SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK

jon84
04-16-2003, 06:32 AM
How often should I work them?
And How many sets? this is the first time I'm going to
work them out.

chimponarope
04-16-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by jon84
How often should I work them?
And How many sets? this is the first time I'm going to
work them out.

Start at 1 exercise for 3 sets twice a week to begin with and see how it goes.

jon84
04-16-2003, 04:43 PM
Are those ab rollers any good ?
Because sometimes my neck starts to hurn.

Thee and Thou
04-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by RonJ73
I hear a lot of good testimonials for Lipoderm, however as I understand it, it seems to be best for very small "pockets" of fat that won't go away. Personally, I recommend losing all the fat you can "naturally" first. Then, if there's something that's being stubborn, go for the Lipoderm or Yohim.

Ron, you dispense this garbage advice? Shame on you.

To lose that gut, comsume 1500 calories or less a day and do over 20 minutes of HIIT cardio 7 days a week.

Good day.

bkman4
04-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Thee and Thou

To lose that gut, comsume 1500 calories or less a day and do over 20 minutes of HIIT cardio 7 days a week.

Good day.

WTF!!! Someone please ban this dick.

Thee and Thou
04-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by bkman4
WTF!!! Someone please ban this dick.

You are a ****ing ignorant fool.

bkman4
04-16-2003, 09:13 PM
These forums are here for us to share information and learn. Calling Ron's advice garbage is uncalled for. I would have normally just said something...but 16 posts...no respect! Shame on you.

edd91
04-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bkman4
These forums are here for us to share information and learn. Calling Ron's advice garbage is uncalled for. I would have normally just said something...but 16 posts...no respect! Shame on you.

Why use someones post count against them? I'd bet my life that I know more **** about bodybuilding and health issues then you

jon84
04-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Back to my issue.
What it HITT cardio?
ANd what did Ron say wrong all he said was to
lose it natuarlly and drink plenty water?
Anyways thanks so far for all the help.

Thee and Thou
04-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Back to my issue.
What it HITT cardio?
ANd what did Ron say wrong all he said was to
lose it natuarlly and drink plenty water?
Anyways thanks so far for all the help.

HIIT cardio is high intensity interval training.

Ron said use cream to lose fat. That imflamed my views of what is right and wrong in the world.

bkman4
04-16-2003, 10:39 PM
I guess I was just defending Ron. Read his post. He said do it naturally first.

If you are around these boards enough you will learn that we all use supplements of some kind. Just about everybody takes a multivitamin. When someone asks for advice on using supplements, these boards would be pointless if everyone said, "all ____s are bad"...Ron gave perfect advice,"natural first."

RonJ73
04-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Thee and Thou...I will be the first to admit that I don't know a whole heck of a lot about supplements. However, I have heard some great backing for Lipoderm and Yohimburn from a good many reliable sources on this board. I will NOT say to use Lipoderm to lose fat. What I will suggest is losing all the fat you can via diet and exercise.

Now, in regards to bad advice, why don't you look in the mirror. One does not get their abs to show by working them out. One gets their abs to show by losing fat. "Abs are built in the kitchen."

Let me make one thing perfectly clear. What I know, I know well. What I don't know, I will gladly admit to not knowing. Feel free to question me, however it would not be in your best interest to insult me.

chimponarope
04-17-2003, 02:21 AM
Thee and Thou why don't you check out some of Rons advice before saying its garbage he's helped a whole lot of people on this board!

RonJ73
04-17-2003, 04:58 AM
HIIT cardio is high intensity interval training.

Ron said use cream to lose fat. That imflamed my views of what is right and wrong in the world.

Actually...reading back on this, you may have misinterpretted what I said. The using lotion thing was in regards to loose skin. Moisturizer will help in the skin regaining some elasticity so that it will go back into shape. I never claimed that moisturizer would assist in fat loss. I know a little better than that.

Lipoderm or Yohimburn MAY assist in getting rid of remaining pockets of stubborn fat.

jon84
04-17-2003, 06:34 AM
Well I'm going to try HIIT today maybe it
will help. Like I said i don't have much to loose.

stri8ted
04-17-2003, 02:12 PM

Good day.

You don't even know how much this guy weighs or his RMR. If I was to reduce my cals to 1500 or less I would lose just as much muscle as fat. I think you may be dispensing the bad advice.

-Stri8ted

jon84
04-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Well I'm 19, 205lbs and I'm 6'3.
I have a large built, and mainly want to lose my gut as i
said before.

RonJ73
04-17-2003, 10:02 PM
jon, don't go lower than 2000 calories. That's roughly 10x your bodyweight in lbs. If you can handle HIIT, go for it. If not, do a normal 30-45 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week with weight training 3-4 times a week. Keep one day a week where you do absolutely nothing.

With regards to the diet, what plan are you following? What is a typical day's meals?

jon84
04-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Breakfast: pieces of ham and cheese

Midmorning snack: Tuna

Lunch: Chicken Salad

MidAfternoon snack: Nothing or leftover lunch

Dinner: piece of meat with veggie and a salad

This is my basic diet of a day.

I did HIIT today and man I about died!!
It was awesome!!! Can you do HIIT on a emty
stomach?Oh ya and I take Hydroxycut.

DerekW
04-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Jon I am in the same situation. I went from 302 to 225 in 10 weeks. I have the loose wrinkly skin on my gut. I was worried that it would never shrink back. That I lose weight too quick. It's good to hear that it will indeed shrink back to normal. I also had couple of stretch marks on my stomach, they match my skin color now instead of being read and look like lines of sagging skin. This too will heal? Will doing ab excerises make my abdominals show quicker as I lose weight?

DefiKojiro
04-20-2003, 09:01 PM
A good vitamin E cream with elastin will help you to tighten up skin and it will make stretch marks lose their red color. As far as I know you cannot get rid of stretch marks without laser surgery but after using a vitamin E cream for a while I can hardly notice them unless I am trying to see them. If you get a vitamin E cream don't get hand lotion or something like that, you need something more potent. btw. I have never heard any "garbage" information from Ron, he knows his **** and dedicates alot of time to helping others.

shaei
04-21-2003, 03:22 AM
Well, you might cut the cardio down a little bit, thats one idea. Losing fat can be alot like gaining muscle in that, when first starting is that your body sheds it quite a bit easier than it does as it gets closer those low, 'shredded' levels. You could just be overtraining, and making your body send signals to hoard what fat its got left.
If this doesn't solve your case, maybe flip your diet up a bit, hell, try keto if you feel comfortable with it. I just started and I'll prolly never go back, down 6 more lbs in about 2.5 weeks.
Just keep workin at it man, you'll get there,

-dev

jon84
04-21-2003, 06:35 AM
Well I tried Keto and I couldn't eat that much food in a day!
Will it tighten up my stomach if I do ab workouts . I
know it won't see my six pack but just to make my stomach tight.

JohnY
04-21-2003, 04:40 PM
If you just worried bout loose skin, just keep being slim and don't blow up. Eventually the loose skin will go away unless you're 70 years old. Back when I was chubby and got really skinny it took me about a year or so for all the flab to go away, during that time I also gained alot of upper body muscle. So if you lose most your body fat and around 13 - 15 percent I'd say go for muscle increase and eventually the loose skin will go away in time unless you 70 years old.

I'm fat again so I also have to look forward to the loose skin again after I lose the weight :(

Canadian_AF
04-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Breakfast: pieces of ham and cheese

Midmorning snack: Tuna

Lunch: Chicken Salad

MidAfternoon snack: Nothing or leftover lunch

Dinner: piece of meat with veggie and a salad

This is my basic diet of a day.

I did HIIT today and man I about died!!
It was awesome!!! Can you do HIIT on a emty
stomach?Oh ya and I take Hydroxycut.

Hey buddy, if you are serious about losing your gut, you'll have to change the way you eat. Stick to the basics.

Breakfast: Drop the Ham, and Cheese.. period.. replace it in the morning with egg whites (5-6), and oatmeal... that simple. Good time to take some Flax Oil, and a good quality multi-vitamin.

Mid-Morn Snack: Try an MRP, personally i like Myoplex but there are lots of alternatives. You can take with 1% or Skim, but I tend to stick with water but it's up to you, MRP's will account for about 40% of your total calorie intake for the day.

Lunch: What type of meat, not processed i hope.... !?!? Try, Rice, and Tuna, or Chicken. Remember to keep your portion sizes about the same size as your palm, protein = carb ratio. NEVER eat whole carbs by *themselves*. Fat will take care of itself.

Mid-Afternoon Snack: Another MRP, remember to alternate whole foods with an MRP. This isn't required but if your looking to shave a few extra pounds i'd recommend it.

Supper: Up to you here, keep it clean though. Usually i "bake" up some Salmon, Cod, or some type of fish, or chicken. I tend to stay away from red meat because it's high in cholesterol. Now and again is ok, but every second night is too often. Again, remember portion control and cook up some veggies, and/or rice with your protein, keeping the portions equal.

Before Bed: Down a high quality protein powder. By this i mean High Protein, Low Carb ratio. The stuff I use has 3 g of Carbs per 33g's of protein. and basically no fat.

Keep your eating habits SIMPLE it WILL pay off. Remember the hardest part of building a more cut body, isn't running that extra mile, or pushing that extra weight, it's having the will power and motivation, to keep your eating habits on track. DON'T CHEAT. I know alot of people will say, well for a weekend it's fine.. or for one day a month it's fine.. i say no it's not.. Food = Fuel for your body, don't eat for enjoyment, eat for fuel... Once you start thinking in this pattern, eventually it will be a no brainer, and you'll be on your way.

Well in ending i envy you who can take ECA stacks.. i've tried them before but the ticker can't take the punishment, and i almost pass out lol. So i just push myself to the limit without the stacks and pass out... :) j/k.. go hard or go home!

Best of luck bro, keep your diet clean, and your cardio regime looks great, you'll be a cut freak in no time ;)

Peace

Canadian_AF
04-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_AF

Oh.. BTW, this is basically a 40-40-20 diet (Proteins, Carbs, Fats).. it's a SUSTAINABLE and HEALTHY way to eat. There are other diets which everyone knows about which i'm not going to mention because i'll get flamed ;) but they are not sustainable for long periods of time, and can cause some adverse health affects if used long term.

Peace [/B]

RonJ73
04-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Yeah...looking at Jon's diet, I definitely have to bump for changing it up a bit.

Jon, if you want to do Keto, I can give you some ideas for foods that are calorically dense so that you can get the calories you need. Hamburger patties for example. One patty has like 300+ calories in it.

40/40/20 is a good plan too, Canadian's plan isn't bad, but I'm more inclined to have you eating real food rather than shakes or MRPs. In my opinion, shakes should only be taken post workout, but that's your call to make.

bkman4
04-22-2003, 07:04 AM
[i]
40/40/20 is a good plan too, Canadian's plan isn't bad, but I'm more inclined to have you eating real food rather than shakes or MRPs. In my opinion, shakes should only be taken post workout, but that's your call to make. [/B]

Big BUMP!!!

jon84
04-22-2003, 07:21 AM
Yeah give me some meal ideas!
I don't always eat ham and cheese in the morning
lately it's been eating cereal with soy milk. I mainly eat the ham
and cheese when I get hungry at night.
Now canadian said not to take an off day, I take one once a week. What do you all think?

RonJ73
04-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Well...for meal ideas for Keto, pop over to the keto subgroup under Nutrition. Hamburger patties are very dense in calories. One 1/4 pound patty with nothing on it is about 320 calories. Sausage is also pretty dense. This is a semi-typical day for me...

Meal 1: 4 eggs, 4 turkey breakfast sausage links
Meal 2: 1 Can of Tuna w/1 tbsp of Mayo with a few broccoli spears
Meal 3 (post workout): Whey Protein Shake
Meal 4: Hamburger Patty w/slice of Cheese, 1 tbsp of Mayo and a dab of ketchup to flavor it.
Meal 5: Chicken Breast with Cheese, Broccoli with a little parmesean and romano dressing
Meal 6: Hamburger Patty, 1 tbsp of Mayo with the dab of ketchup again.

This all figures out to about 300-400 calories per meal totaling roughly 2000 calories.

Canadian_AF
04-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by RonJ73

40/40/20 is a good plan too, Canadian's plan isn't bad, but I'm more inclined to have you eating real food rather than shakes or MRPs. In my opinion, shakes should only be taken post workout, but that's your call to make.

In my view, and personal experience, if he's trying to lose bodyfat, he should be alternating whole food, then alternating with an MRP. Also, MRP's will give you the extra boost you need for your workout, that you can't get from whole foods.

Yeah give me some meal ideas!
I don't always eat ham and cheese in the morning
lately it's been eating cereal with soy milk. I mainly eat the ham
and cheese when I get hungry at night.
Now canadian said not to take an off day, I take one once a week. What do you all think?

Jon, to be honest with you it does take some mental discipline. When you are about to eat ham and cheese at night, try to look at the long-term effects, will this help you build a better body? You might not think you are doing a lot of damage when in fact you are. You can take an off day buddy it's really up to you, but it depends what your goals are. For me an "off" day keeps your cravings alive when you decide to eat unhealthy for a day, so then you crave whatever you ate for the entire week, and have a higher risk of slipping up on your diet. The Keto diet that has been mentioned again, is GREAT short term, but not sustainable and NOT healthy long-term.

Remember YOU are the only one that will decide what kind of body you want to build, and what you put down the hatch will be a large part of it.

Discipline, Discipline and more Discipline will help you succeed. Your success is gauged mostly by your brain.

And as far as cutting diets go.. If they look too good to be true.. it's because they are.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Peace.

RonJ73
04-22-2003, 11:06 PM
Regarding Keto, there are plenty of people who have done keto for YEARS long term and experience no detrimental effects from it. If you're planning to do keto long term, do it CLEAN. Eat more chicken and fish as far as proteins. Eat clean fats, like flax and the fats from eggs. Plenty of fiberous green veggies like Broccoli and Spinach.

jon84
04-23-2003, 06:38 AM
Ok I'll do that. I'll keep eating a clean diet .
I'm kinda rotating my cardio from day to day.
Elliptical on mondays,wednesdays,sundays
Jogging on tuesdays, thursdays,and fridays.
Well thanks for all the help.
Maybe I'll get to post a picture soon.

RonJ73
04-23-2003, 09:46 PM
Good choice on the cardio. Keeps you from getting bored with one particular exercise. If you have a rower, that works too.