PDA

View Full Version : So i pulled my quad sprinting

s0mechin0kid
06-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Any suggestions on how to get it to go away? i've rested for like 2 days but i dont know if i took the neccessary steps to fix it.
Background story on the pulling was, going to sprint 100m, didn't warm up well / stretch well. ran top speed and it started hurting like a biotch. after wards i got my gym teacher to massage it and loosen it but stupidly i went back to running cause it was a field day in my school and i wanted to participate. so i rested for 2 days after that day because i couldn't run or it would hurt. now after the 2 days i tried sprinting agian tonight and it still hurts after a good 5 minute jog and stretch warm ups. so what should i do to fix this?

drewh4386
06-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Well the first thing you could do is not run on it. Pulling a muscle is one of those thing you have to let heal on its own unless said otherwise by a trainer or doc.

2 days is really not long enough. There is really no "fixing" it. Just icing to reduce swelling (if any) and maybe some kind of wrap to help reduce stress. Stretching can also help to keep it from tightening up but that is about it. You have to give it a few solid weeks

bmy-
06-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Any suggestions on how to get it to go away? i've rested for like 2 days but i dont know if i took the neccessary steps to fix it.
Background story on the pulling was, going to sprint 100m, didn't warm up well / stretch well. ran top speed and it started hurting like a biotch. after wards i got my gym teacher to massage it and loosen it but stupidly i went back to running cause it was a field day in my school and i wanted to participate. so i rested for 2 days after that day because i couldn't run or it would hurt. now after the 2 days i tried sprinting agian tonight and it still hurts after a good 5 minute jog and stretch warm ups. so what should i do to fix this?

Ice/heat, Ice/heat, Ice/heat, Ice/heat.. and be patient.

Rhawness
06-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Im in the midst of a cut.....

... and i sprained my ankle, so im just like you in a sense, can't do **** about it except let it heal on itself and ice/heat that bastard...

89FoxBody
06-26-2009, 08:22 AM
The only way to overcome a strain like that is rest and heat. Ice immediately after the injury to reduce pain/swelling, heat afterwards to relax the muscle and reduce pain longer term.

SwagMorris
06-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Pulled a quad once, and strained a ham another time. Only thing to do is heat/wrap/and rest. Took my quad atleast a month to heal cause it was during football season, and I kept trying to play on it. Not the best idea for healing asap. Took my strained hamstring a week or so because I actually rested it.

niospecv
06-26-2009, 08:48 AM
rest and therapy

/thread