PDA

View Full Version : how many of you are jealous of others with a better physique?

Mr. sPECtacular
06-25-2009, 12:35 PM
i have been fat most of my life (im not saying its a sickness or anything, just a food junkie. ) and last year i started lifting. i wanted to get so buff . so buff that it wasnt gonna be noticeable that i used to be fat. wrong. so this january i made the commitment to lose weight and get buff. ive lost around 25lbs and im still fat. my goal is to lose 25 more. however, i get somewhat jealous when i see a skinny or slim guy walk into a gym and get huge results from lifting. i lift more time then they do, but my workout does not end. i still have to hop on the treadmill for 50 minutes. ever since i started losing weight i havent been comfortable and feel guilty eating anything that tastes good. i get jealous when i see buff people who never had a weight problem eat whatever they want and be buff. not me. i recently gained 2-3 lbs and started freaking out. i did not want to see anybody buff or slim any where because i thought i would kill them. thats my problem .
5'8
start 233lbs
now 207-210
next goal 185

BK89
06-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Wow, dude take a deep breath. I guess if you actually did kill someone - you would have plenty of time to workout in Prison...

calango1210
06-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Trust me, you are in a good place. People start moving and taking action when they are out of their comfort zone which is where you are now. To get the most benefit you need to use this emotion of jelousy and channel it so you can take massive action. If you keep your focus on the results on not how you get the results you will eventually be able to eat whatever you want and not get fat and when you get there you won't even want to eat junk anyway cuz you will have created the association that junk food equals negative things regardless of the short term satisfaction.

Explosions can blow a whole city, kill people and bring buildings down but if it's channeled correctly it can take a rocket out on space.

Also, ur down 25lbs man. Congratulate yourself and don't wait for anybody's recognition. If you don't love yourself and give yourself credit for your achievements nobody else will. It's not about losing the weight anyway, it's about being accepted in your social group that is making you move. It's not how you will look like at 185 but who you will become after taking the journey, what you will learn about your own body, confidence, people around you....

To achieve your goal and stay there you MUST enjoy the journey, my friend. Be wise...

Mr. sPECtacular
06-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Wow, dude take a deep breath. I guess if you actually did kill someone - you would have plenty of time to workout in Prison...

yeah i decided not to take any stupid actions because its not their fault. its mine.

VoxExMachina
06-25-2009, 02:46 PM
People without a weight problem can go into the gym and see gains, true. But many of them will eventually lose motivation because they feel they look "good enough" and will never really be in that great of shape.

On the other hand, if you have a weight problem then you have a harder road because you have to put in the work to get back down to a reasonable weight and ALSO then put in the work from there to get into shape. That's a longer road, but because that road is long a difficult then when you actually get in good shape, then I would hope you would also be more motivated to stay working out since you know how much you have to lose if you slide back into old habits.

So, while the road may be a bit longer, your eventual success will be that much more satisfying. Don't be discouraged or angry. Just stick with it so that you can be proud of yourself.

By the way, you have already made good progress.

jorg3
06-25-2009, 05:35 PM
You are 5'8 and 17, i was once just like you 17 and i weighed 230 i was 33% body fat, i got tested in college during in my first week of classes for a freshman 15 study...anyways...i know how you feel i purchased a treadmill the next summer and i ran like crazy it was a bitch, the first day, i was only able to walk for 28 minutes at a very low intensity..little by little I increaed my intensity and started to lift..i went down to 176 and i was running like 5-6 miles in less than an hour..dont give up, see those people for motivation thats what i did, being jealous wont get you ****....shut up and train!

epik151
06-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Don't compare yourself with others, it's just unhealthy and there's no point. No one in the world is every happy that way, not even brad pitt. Instead try to focus on yourself and how you can be better than you were last week and as for confidence think how much better you look now than you will in 20 years haha.

dannyboy27
06-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Don't compare yourself with others, it's just unhealthy and there's no point. No one in the world is every happy that way, not even brad pitt. Instead try to focus on yourself and how you can be better than you were last week and as for confidence think how much better you look now than you will in 20 years haha.

i second this

JolietKev
06-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Just focus on yourself and do not worry about what other people look like. How are you feeling now that you are exercising and eating better? Visualize what you would like to look like then go out and get it. Your goal will not happen overnight though. While you are workig out, you also need to work on you as a person as well. Clean the outside as well as the inside of the cup if you know what I mean. If you do not feel good about yourself now, you will find that you will not feel good about yourself just because you change the way you look. Look and feel good, but make sure your an even better person. The two will be an unbeatable combination for the reat of your life.

johnderriLLL
06-27-2009, 09:29 AM
not that many people have good bodys.

the next time you go to a place where theres a lot of people like the mall just take a look at the people. no one there is in that good of shape.

-Lucifer
06-27-2009, 01:46 PM
I get jealous of people that have a genetic advantage over me. For example, I'm envious of guys with naturally broad shoulders. It gets me down sometimes but I've learned to live with what I've got.

Mr. sPECtacular
06-27-2009, 02:43 PM
I get jealous of people that have a genetic advantage over me. For example, I'm envious of guys with naturally broad shoulders. It gets me down sometimes but I've learned to live with what I've got.

yeah me too. like some Native Americans are just big with a muscular physique. and i get jealous when i see some people that just start out and get bigger gains than i ever got. like i said, my friend entered 2nd semester with no lifting experience and got stronger than me. we weigh the same and are just as tall and same age. i got fairly jealous. but it makes me feel better when i get there and know it wasnt easy.

arimasu_yo
06-27-2009, 04:34 PM
I also stress measurements over weight. because you will lose fat and gain muscle (which weighs :) ) so ou could gain 5 lbs but lose an inch off your waist!

25 lbs lost is kick ass!!! keep it up.. because underneath that flab your building a ripped physique. believe it. time to bring that biTcH out into the sunlight!

man keep it up!!

Chaohinon
06-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Honestly, I find superior physiques to be thrilling, at least now. I know that getting to that level is not insurmountable, just something that requires working and waiting.

The hardest part is the waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Spire
06-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Honestly, I find superior physiques to be thrilling, at least now. I know that getting to that level is not insurmountable, just something that requires working and waiting.

The hardest part is the waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

This.

I admire physiques and lift stats better than mine. The only reason I'm no longer jealous of them is because I know it's only around the corner (whether it's months or years) that I'll attain that same look.

I'll be working out for the rest of my life - jacked and ripped fibraz are my destiny (serious, but said in non serious way).

Felmo
06-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Keep pushing bro. I was 5'8 and 205 about 6 months ago. I'm down to 155 now. Its worth it, trust me.

Tirithien
06-27-2009, 10:36 PM
You'll get there, man.

Once, I was 265#. After much diet modification and tailoring of my workout routine, I dropped down to 175#. You can get there, it just takes time. :)

Getting rid of the loose skin is a problem, but thankfully mine is all in the gut and I have a hairy enough torso that it vanishes. ;)

PushIt2287
06-27-2009, 10:52 PM
you always notice more in shape people when you're out of shape. I used to be 240lbs and like 26%+ bf. Just keep at it, get your diet in check and lift hard. There's plenty of delicious tasting food that's good for you, just don't let yourself fall into a rut and eat a whole box of devil dogs. If you have to have one, work it off and don't eat it before bed.