PDA

View Full Version : thinking about giving up

josh_hill
06-23-2009, 05:14 PM
this has been one of the most fullfilling things i have ever done. i feel great after working out and i started to see some results. but i just cant carry on because of my sholder. every time i try to do anything it hurts liek crazy and i took a rest week off and it didnt help at all and now i cant get back into the swing. im find ding my normal routine exhausting and loosing moral. + not to mention i cant even fap with my right hand any more because my wrist has gone funny. i realy want to carry on with this sport but i dont think my body can physicaly do it. end rant

umop3pisdn
06-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Why don't you just wait until your injuries heal then start again?

relobe
06-23-2009, 10:42 PM
keep your diet in check and while your shoulder is healing work your legs and abs, and whatever else feels comfortable. my shoulder was nagging me for a few months. I really regret slacking off with my diet using my shoulder as an excuse.

youll never get where you wanna be taking steps backwards!

darkartist81
06-23-2009, 10:50 PM
I would definitely keep going, just don't work upper body until you can either see a doctor and be sure you don't have a serious injury or until it heals on it's own. You can try swimming to work your upper body without the stress and just focus on the legs and abs, and most definitely keep up with the diet, don't slip because of an injury. Keep moving forward man, it's got to get better some time.

josh_hill
06-24-2009, 01:53 AM
ok thanks guys. i think ill cut now maybe. ill see q doc as soon as possible but that might be a while. swimming is a good idea. thanks

abzz
06-24-2009, 01:55 AM
looks like its time to get some reall mass into them legs

Epith
06-24-2009, 05:09 AM
good thing about giving up is it gives you the opportunity to come back and give it a shot some other time.

Shosh328
06-24-2009, 06:33 AM
stick to the diet and stay in the gym. work whatever you can without using your shoulder until it heals.

last year i broke my hand and two fingers at football practice and i slacked off from the gym at first and still maintained my diet but after a while i came off the diet as well. my hand was tied up for 8 weeks and after the eight weeks it was so hard to get back into the routine of going to the gym 5-6 days a week and it was even harder to get back on my diet.

looking back im so mad that i slacked off becuase breaking my hand turned out to be a huge set back in my training/weight loss and it didnt really have to be

LIguy
06-24-2009, 07:43 AM
As people have mentioned, when some fall back happens, it only creates an opportunity for you to work on something else.

I guess my reply really has no use in contributing to the thread, but it's great to see that you're not completely giving up with this, and that people in this community are pretty supportive

josh_hill
06-24-2009, 09:07 AM
yeah thanks guys. i don't know what i was hoping for with this thread but it has helped. il work whatever i can. but it might be a problem i cant squat. i only have a smith machine to use so you have to lift and twist with your hands which wrecks my wrists. might see if i can find another way but its a real problem.

bigbilly69
06-24-2009, 02:04 PM
If your shoulders are feeling it do a real form check on your bench press and don't do anything behind the neck for a while. the risk/reward for some of these exercises isn't worth the gamble at most of our levels

sjayne80
06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Taking it easy due to an injury doesn't mean that you failed or that you've "given up". Go see your MD, and get medical advice to make sure you heal properly and do not do any more damage. If you force a workout you could do some permanent damage and possibly need surger which = more recovery time. Let yourself heal, and then pick the weight lifting back up where you left off. Life happens sometimes, don't let it stop you from living a happy & healthy lifestyle. Good luck!

tdcassick1
06-26-2009, 01:12 PM
keep training. just try working other parts such as abs or legs.

johnderriLLL
06-27-2009, 02:11 PM
go lefty man. if ur shoulder hurts just work out the other one. give ur shoulder a rest it will heal.

maybe u can find some physical therapy exercises for it?

you have my support

freeride2space
06-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Tore a muscle in my back: 4 orthopedic, MRI, 3 chiros, months of PT and a cortisone shot. Was out for a year. They never found the muscle, just assumed it was torn because it was so ****ing chronic. Shot did wonders.

I was "serious" before but told myself I was doing it right as soon as I could lift again. I never doubted, but just waited for the day I could come back

I used my time away to learn as much as possible about the muscles of the back, educate yourself to prevent the problems in the future.

If bodybuilding is so fulfilling, then why would you ever question your return?

Dont let an injury stop you, take the time to heal. Learn from it and return with more will power than before. You will thank yourself.