PDA

View Full Version : vitamin bioav.

InvisibleShadow
06-23-2009, 03:04 PM
does anyone know if you have to worry about the bio avail. of the vitamins you are taking. if so where can you find the best vitamins? (excluding food)

ReVOX13
06-23-2009, 03:09 PM
does anyone know if you have to worry about the bio avail. of the vitamins you are taking. if so where can you find the best vitamins? (excluding food)

http://journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=%2FNRR%2FNRR7_01%2FS095442249400 0090a.pdf&code=9a828c3d15d38b8515bc15f69c7fae16

rhizome
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
OH BOI

I get to tell someone if they should WORRY !

WORRY PLEAZE!

SwiftyX
06-23-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't know if worry is the proper term, but why would you take a vitamin with poor bio availability? Puritanspride.com is a great website for supplements (they run byt 2 get 3 sales often) They also test very well on consumerreports.com

These are what I take, they are very good:

http://www.puritanspride.com/mineral-products-036/green-source-iron-free-006190?searchterm=iron%20free%20green%20source&rdcnt=1

They also have an exellent extra strength fish oil.

rhizome
06-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't know if worry is the proper term, but why would you take a vitamin with poor bio availability? Puritanspride.com is a great website for supplements (they run byt 2 get 3 sales often) They also test very well on consumerreports.com

These are what I take, they are very good:

http://www.puritanspride.com/mineral-products-036/green-source-iron-free-006190?searchterm=iron%20free%20green%20source&rdcnt=1

They also have an exellent extra strength fish oil.
Totally a fail here. That's a ****ty multi.

Who the fek still uses Ergocalciferol for vitamin D??? And RNA and DNA ??? WTF???

Cyanocobalamin good BV? Nope.

A sprinkle of Echinacea, Milk Thistle, Cayenne Pepper, Ginger, Ginkgo Biloba, Goldenseal??? You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Kitchen sink of crap.

consumerreports tested what that it met label claims? Great. It still sucks.

SwiftyX
06-23-2009, 03:31 PM

Who the fek still uses Ergocalciferol for vitamin D??? And RNA and DNA ??? WTF???

A sprinkle of Echinacea, Milk Thistle, Cayenne Pepper, Ginger, Ginkgo Biloba, Goldenseal??? You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Kitchen sink of crap.

I make my own decisions on my vitamins, I just mentioned they tesed well. This is a quality multi. I've done my reading, you might want to do yours.

in10city
06-23-2009, 03:41 PM

Kitchen sink of crap.

But brah, 10 different forms of Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese, and Molybdenum have gots to be better than 1 or 2 right? lol

SwiftyX
06-23-2009, 03:51 PM
What do you awesome bros take for a multi.?

rhizome
06-23-2009, 05:43 PM
But brah, 10 different forms of Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese, and Molybdenum have gots to be better than 1 or 2 right? lol
Bro u gotta lern how 2 count.

der's only 8 forms of zinc, 9 forms of magnesium, 7 forms of manganese, and 7 forms of molybdenum. For the love of God, do some research :cool: :rolleyes:

in10city
06-23-2009, 06:04 PM

der's only 8 forms of zinc, 9 forms of magnesium, 7 forms of manganese, and 7 forms of molybdenum. For the love of God, do some research :cool: :rolleyes:

My apologies. My eyes must have crossed whist trying to figure out where the CFU guarantee on the probiotic blend was. Must all be dead :confused:

Blindead
06-23-2009, 06:15 PM

Kitchen sink of crap.

sounds like animal pak lol.

I take source naturals life force. it's cheap and surprisingly not ****ty.

mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols, mixed carotenoids, methycobalamin, d3, chelated minerals, low calcium and a decent supplemental profile along with the vitamins and minerals.

Opies
06-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I take a supermarket generic brand men's multi. Who care's if the BV is low? You should be getting plenty of vits and mins from your food, mutli just makes up for the short comings here and there

InvisibleShadow
06-30-2009, 06:37 PM

I had an honest question and instead of a decent intellectual debate I get douchbags like you trying to help out with how much information.......ZERO!

Oh and thanks for the neg. reps points by the way. GREATLY APPRECIATED!