PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with motivation

SplittinAdam
06-23-2009, 09:17 AM
My wife and I recently got a membership at our local RecPlex. I am working on gaining and toning muscle, and she wants to lose weight. We're currently pregnant with our 3rd child, but she wants to work on her arms and legs, and then her mid section once the baby is born.

I've been very supportive, and have tried everything to build her confidence, or maintain motivation for her... but it doesn't seem to be working.

She is very self-conscious of her weight, and I'm not sure how to help her over that, or how to keep her motivated.

If anyone has advice, it would be VERY helpful.

George Carlinian
06-24-2009, 09:10 PM
My wife and I recently got a membership at our local RecPlex. I am working on gaining and toning muscle, and she wants to lose weight. We're currently pregnant with our 3rd child, but she wants to work on her arms and legs, and then her mid section once the baby is born.

I've been very supportive, and have tried everything to build her confidence, or maintain motivation for her... but it doesn't seem to be working.

She is very self-conscious of her weight, and I'm not sure how to help her over that, or how to keep her motivated.

If anyone has advice, it would be VERY helpful.Quit being such a passive aggressive douche on the internet (this board) with your neg-cliques and just do it. God damn, you have kids? :rolleyes:

100% serious - man up and get with it.

suppsRsupps
06-25-2009, 06:54 PM
^^ Good stuff there!

Hahaha you gotta get her in the car and go, tell her you guys can get burgers after!
Haha but the thing is to set a schedule and stick to it, work AROUND the time slot for the gym, don't FIT the gym into your schedule. Good luck!

Epith
06-28-2009, 10:33 AM
encourage her to breastfeed. my friend lost 30 lbs the first week after her daughter was born and then continued breastfeeding and lost 30 more over the next month.. so it seemed to work pretty well for her.. good luck! or if you are really in a pinched cause of her lack of motivation try scaring her hehehe. try it if it works.

bb24
06-28-2009, 07:17 PM
I guess I'm not understanding the main problem. Does she go to the gym with you? If she does, then what's the issue? Let her work on the things she wants to work on. It may not be the best option for her, but exercise is good, and during the pregnancy, there will only be so much she'll able to do anyway.

If she isn't going to the gym and it's killing your motivation, too, then there's a much bigger issue (that's the one I have).

Sorry I can't help. Maybe some more info would help.
N

If anyone has advice, it would be VERY helpful.

bb24
06-28-2009, 07:19 PM
^^ Good stuff there!

Hahaha you gotta get her in the car and go, tell her you guys can get burgers after!
Haha but the thing is to set a schedule and stick to it, work AROUND the time slot for the gym, don't FIT the gym into your schedule. Good luck!

I'm presuming you have not ever had to deal with a pregnant woman before. You have no idea how difficult your piece of advice is to follow through with in the real world.