PDA

View Full Version : When that special event has come and gone...

JDkeystone
06-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Did you find yourself losing/having lost motivation after a specific event you were working towards had finally passed?

This past year I lost weight, my biggest motivator was being the maid-of-honour in my best friend's wedding. I wanted to look good in my dress, and I definitely wanted to be a specific size (2-6). So it totally gave me something to work for all year.

Well, the wedding was this past weekend, and I had reached my goal (size-wise, anyway); but now that it's over, I suddenly feel empty and deflated. Like, I now have nothing to strive for, nothing to keep pursuing, nothing to truly "achieve" anymore.

Has anyone experienced this? How did you overcome it? I haven't had this mindset in months, and I'm scared of what it could do to me psychologically if I don't get around it and back on track:(

Universal64
06-22-2009, 10:32 PM
For me, I always go by the quote "Be proud, but never satisfied". If you just go back to the way that you were, then you will have to worry about losing that weight once again come another event. If you keep up with it, then you'll never have to worry about that again! Good luck with your journey!

akm_202
06-23-2009, 01:29 AM
First, congratulations on reaching your main goal!

second, get another goal. Thats the thing with goals, once you complete it, its done and theres nothing else, life goes on. The screen doesnt roll on to credits, it still continues.

Mike7120
06-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I got back on the bandwagon of trying to get back in shape when my girlfriend and I planned a Florida vacation back in March. Knowing that I would be walking around shirtless on the beach in August has been great motivation. I also fear that once our vacation is over, my motivation will slip.

I guess I will just have to make a new goal to keep my motivation strong.