PDA

View Full Version : My sludge recipe

Thebigcorbowski
06-20-2009, 05:44 PM
This was just plain ****ing delicious:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p141/XEndless_CemetaryX/downsized_0620091742.jpg

I used the following:
1/2 to 2/3 cups water
1 scoop of Body Fortress Chocolate Whey Protein mix
1 cup mixed berries (Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry)
and 2 tbsp JIF regular creamy PB

**** was amazing. It was my first ever sludge and I have now implemented it into my daily diet.

Nutrition facts come out to be:

390 Cals
27 grams Carbohydrates
35 grams Protein
18 grams Fat

If you are on a cut and looking for a low cal, delicious tasting snack, this is what you should eat. I can only describe it as a rich, creamy reeses PB cup with mixed berries for added flavor and texture.
10/10 in my books for sure!

Also, for those of you who use almond butter, why do you prefer that? I might try it. What are it's advantages over PB (if any)?

willldabeast
06-20-2009, 05:48 PM
ouch, you made a huge mistake. i understand you are a rookie but you used creamy peanut butter when crunch is far superior. better luck next time

Thebigcorbowski
06-20-2009, 05:54 PM
ouch, you made a huge mistake. i understand you are a rookie but you used creamy peanut butter when crunch is far superior. better luck next time
Oh, Ill def try that, I just didn;t have anything on hand besides reg. My mom stockpiled on PB a whikle back and wont buy anything new til this ****s gone.

BUT I am definitely going to by crunch next time. Thank you for the tip. It was still ****ing delicious.

Confuzzl3dOn3
06-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Almond butter tastes better but then again if i didn't at costing like twice the cost i'd chuck a spaz. Also it has less saturated fats than PB and is supposedly generally better in terms of nutrients. Difference is minimal though, and so just go for what u like, and if you want to be cheap go PB :D.

PS. is almond butter more liquidy? It seems like almond butter is a lot more liquidy, i know that your meant to mix the standing oil back into the butter, but i do that and leave it in the fridge, but next time i open the jar it's settled again and i gotta mix it again. I don't have the same prob for PB. I mix it once and then it's pretty much good to go from then on. Any reasons why? Or did i just not mix it well enough?

blast00
06-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I wonder the same thing about almond butter.... the liquidy aspect of it...

randomhero565
06-22-2009, 02:24 PM
i love making sludge for before i go to sleep

i normally put in

2 scoops of casein, maybe alittle bit more
2-3 tbsp of peanut butter or almond butter orr sunflower seed butter
little bit of milk
and.....BAM you got your self some awesome sludge, throw it in the freezer for a little so it gets nice and thick soo good, i cant wait to have some tonight lol

YoungEx20
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
May be a stupid question, but how do you eat sludge? Just with a spoon like pudding with goodies added to it?

TIUjoe
06-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Just had this man...amazing! Thanks for the recipe

Joe

hittinghard12
06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
thanks for sharing, tastes really good :)