PDA

View Full Version : If the USA only played soccer, like the rest of the world

MatieMcgee
06-19-2009, 06:29 PM
We would have around 6 world cups

serious

we are the most athletic country

imagine lebron james, reggie bush, terrelle pryor, allen iverson ALL playing soccer .......... i cant stand people saying we suck at soccer, our best athletes dont grow up playing it.

hellasx44
06-19-2009, 06:30 PM
they should though, the hood should be filled with soccer nets. cheapest sport

Noel_Esq.
06-19-2009, 06:32 PM
It's not about how athletic you are, stupid OP is stupid

Langonelives
06-19-2009, 06:32 PM

serious

imagine lebron james, reggie bush, terrelle pryor, allen iverson ALL playing soccer .......... i cant stand people saying we suck at soccer, our best athletes dont grow up playing it.

lol @ mentioning Terrelle pryor... as a top athlete

M9A2
06-19-2009, 06:34 PM
i cant stand people saying we suck at soccer

But you do.

Genocide1
If the USA played soccer, brazil wouldn't be on the map. If you guys played hockey, Canada would be widely known as your hat. If you guys could make cars, japan's economy would be in a perpetual sh!tter. This could go on all day...

Mises
When does the USMNT get their asses handed to them by Egypt?

Moh7
Lots of people do play soccer starting at a young age in USA... and you still suck at it.

FLAY
06-19-2009, 06:36 PM
The skill set for soccer is different from most American sports. You do not have to be big and strong to be good. Most soccer players are really light because if they were not they could not play a whole match. Arguably the greatest soccer player to ever play was 5'5.

Langonelives
06-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Lots of people do play soccer starting at a young age in USA... and you still suck at it.

ukero
06-19-2009, 06:37 PM
If the USA played soccer, brazil wouldn't be on the map. If you guys played hockey, Canada would be widely known as your hat. If you guys could make cars, japan's economy would be in a perpetual sh!tter. This could go on all day...

lol this

anonymous
06-19-2009, 06:38 PM
If my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle.

Gizzyhardcore
06-19-2009, 06:43 PM

serious

LOL

You guys concentrate heaps on basketball, have a bunch of overpaid pu$$ys playing it, yet you SUCK at it on the world stage. Its one of your main sports yet countries like Argentina who don't give a fcuk about it, beat you at it. FAIL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men%27s_national_basketball_team
(read it - can you read?)

You have the most overpaid overhyped athletes, I will give you that.

moarzors
06-19-2009, 06:44 PM
LOL

You guys concentrate heaps on basketball, have a bunch of overpaid pu$$ys playing it, yet you SUCK at it on the world stage. Its one of your main sports yet countries like Argentina who don't give a fcuk about it, beat you at it. FAIL

sad but true we get owned in basketball and soccer

MatieMcgee
06-19-2009, 06:45 PM
LOL

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bsb4M36YNfUN/610x.jpg

Langonelives
06-19-2009, 06:45 PM
LOL

Why hasnt american football picked up in Europe?

ChorizoFit
06-19-2009, 06:47 PM
LOL
have a bunch of overpaid pu$$ys playing it,

Yeah...look at your soccer players

Khronos
06-19-2009, 06:47 PM
LOL

Are you serious?

The United States dominated Group B in pool play, defeating China, Angola, Greece, world champion Spain, and Germany by an average of 32.2 points. After finishing first in their group, Team USA earned the right to play the fourth-place finishers in Group A, Australia. The United States soundly defeated Australia 116-85 in the quarterfinal matchup led by Kobe Bryant's 25 points. Next up for the Americans in the semifinals was the Manu Gin?bili-led and 2004 Olympic gold medalist Argentina, the team that had beaten them in the semifinals four years prior. However Gin?bili was hobbled by an ankle injury and only played sparing minutes in the first half. Behind Carmelo Anthony's 21 points, Team USA defeated Argentina 101?81 to reach the gold medal game.
On August 24, 2008, the United States defeated Spain 118?107 to capture the Olympic gold medal. Although the United States had defeated Spain by 37 points in qualifying play, Spain kept this game much closer.

matteothefart
06-19-2009, 06:48 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bsb4M36YNfUN/610x.jpg

dwight is plotting revenge..

LeedsLad

Because we have rugby(witch it something the rest of the world other than the US has) Its like American Football but more pysical - none of that protective gear bull****

Gizzyhardcore
Yeah...look at your soccer players

lol true
[edit] lol i am getting negs - you guys don't what Wikipedia says? - the truth hurts sometimes.

Coldfox
in before back and forth petty arguments and statements between americans and the rest of the world

Duckenheimer
06-19-2009, 06:49 PM

serious

But you don't.

i cant stand people saying we suck at soccer

But you do.

awahl63
06-19-2009, 06:49 PM
LOL

You retarded brah?

ukero
06-19-2009, 06:51 PM
u.s basketball allstar team is dominated by african americans

FLAY
06-19-2009, 06:52 PM
But you don't.

But you do.

I am not going to insult Irish soccer only because you contributed Roy Keane.

Khronos
06-19-2009, 06:54 PM
redredred red red red redred

wut

ko5567
06-19-2009, 06:55 PM
i bet we'd still suck at soccer

athletic =/= skill

and to the guy who said we suck at the worldstage in basketball LOL...the usa was only bad for a short period of time

USA has beaten teams like brazil and england in soccer before...does that mean brazil and england suck at the worldstage in soccer too?

edit: and lol at being from new zealand and saying the usa sucks at soccer when they're 2-0 vs new zealand

ukero
06-19-2009, 06:56 PM
wut

oh you mad that i stated a fact? how sad that rep means everything to you on this forum.

Mike1991
06-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Because we have rugby(witch it something the rest of the world other than the US has) Its like American Football but more pysical - none of that protective gear bull****

Football is much more dangerous to play then rugby, u ever watch it?

The equiptment gives them a false sense of safety, they hit 10x harder then anything you will see in rugby.

anonymous
06-19-2009, 07:00 PM

All the breaks are ridiculous, why is there so much stopping and starting?

ukero
06-19-2009, 07:01 PM
grid iron game is designed and structured for big collisions and hits, not wearing protective gear would be stupid

Duckenheimer
06-19-2009, 07:02 PM
I am not going to insult Irish soccer only because you contributed Roy Keane.

I don't give a **** either way.

hockeyislife9
06-19-2009, 07:03 PM
lol @ mentioning Terrelle pryor... as a top athlete

i cant stand terelle pryor or ohio state, but he is definately a top athlete

winneradam
06-19-2009, 07:05 PM
If the US ONLY played soccer, I doubt all those athletes you listed would dominate in it. Of course there might be some who would be good, but there would also be people who aren't superstars in one of the major pro sports in the States that would also be good.

Also, I'd bet you guys also have the highest funding for sports in the world as well, so that can help (not sure on that though, but I wouldn't doubt it).

Langonelives
06-19-2009, 07:07 PM
i cant stand terelle pryor or ohio state, but he is definately a top athlete

No.

MatieMcgee
06-19-2009, 07:11 PM
No.

lrZYZktLdns

DRob27
06-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Terelle pryor is a bitch and is gonna get stomped out by penn state again. That's all i have to say really.

ToshiroMifune
06-19-2009, 08:04 PM
why do we need to play soccer like the rest of the world? we OWN the rest of the world

JRRBadBoy4Life
06-19-2009, 08:32 PM

How many 6'8" dudes would actually be good at playing soccer. Height is not a requirement in soccer, in fact its probably a hinderance once you get to be Lebron James size. I seriously doubt James would be a soccer superstar if he wanted to.

Jyeatbvg
06-19-2009, 08:47 PM
If op wasn't stupid I'd listen to him

Randy_Marsh
06-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Just thought you guys might find this interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/greg_lalas/05/11/american.athletes/index.html

Future24
06-19-2009, 09:24 PM
lolol.

US played baseball for over 100 years and they still suck.

Fullback7
06-19-2009, 10:25 PM
lolol.

US played baseball for over 100 years and they still suck.

.....Because the olympic team is composed of minor league players, and the WBC is a joke.

qbanboy14
06-19-2009, 10:51 PM
.....Because the olympic team is composed of minor league players, and the WBC is a joke.

why is the wbc a joke? because the good players that play in the mlb come from other countries and when you make the USA team, the team is full of has-beens and choke up artists? is that way the WBC is a joke?

TC123
06-19-2009, 11:15 PM
grid iron game is designed and structured for big collisions and hits, not wearing protective gear would be stupid

or deadly.

Fullback7
06-19-2009, 11:50 PM
why is the wbc a joke? because the good players that play in the mlb come from other countries and when you make the USA team, the team is full of has-beens and choke up artists? is that way the WBC is a joke?

Ya I was talking about the USA team in the WBC. I mean Jeter was on the team. That's the only full fledged all-star player. Chipper Jones is on there, but what is he like 83 years old by now (Hard to tell with his 18 year old kid face)? You also have Evan langoria, but for the most part that wouldn't even be an NL all-star team. There is no way they can match up with Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Japan, or Korea with a team like that most of the time.

Future24
06-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Ya I was talking about the USA team in the WBC. I mean Jeter was on the team. That's the only full fledged all-star player. Chipper Jones is on there, but what is he like 83 years old by now (Hard to tell with his 18 year old kid face)? You also have Evan langoria, but for the most part that wouldn't even be an NL all-star team. There is no way they can match up with Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Japan, or Korea with a team like that most of the time.

That only proves that the United States sucks at baseball...even though they grow up playing it.

Huse
06-20-2009, 09:58 AM

Wait really?

I'm not even going to argue this statement which is ludicruous. The team is pretty stacked. Jeter IMO was one of the worst player on that roster.

Huse
06-20-2009, 10:00 AM
That only proves that the United States sucks at baseball...even though they grow up playing it.

How do they suck? They finished 3rd/4th at the WBC. If you don't finish in 1st you suck?

Fullback7
06-20-2009, 11:53 AM

How? Because the players on the team are far from the best the USA can offer.

Grow up playing it? Like Japan? Korea? Venezuela? and especially Puerto Rico? Have you ever watched the LLWS? Those teams that are the top in the WBC, olympics, etc. are also the top countries in the LLWS most of the time.

Fullback7
06-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Wait really?

I'm not even going to argue this statement which is ludicruous. The team is pretty stacked. Jeter IMO was one of the worst player on that roster.

Yes really.

So you're going to tell me that most of the AL/NL all-star teams are better? NO. Yes, I know a portion of them aren't all Americans, but you can't tell me you couldn't field a better American team that would be 10x better.

Huse
06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes really.

So you're going to tell me that most of the AL/NL all-star teams are better? NO. Yes, I know a portion of them aren't all Americans, but you can't tell me you couldn't field a better American team that would be 10x better.

Really I think that their only position that could have been drastically improved was pitching. All other areas were players who are excellent

Calhexas
06-20-2009, 02:17 PM

Actually the physics behind American football is probably a lot more intense. American football players are larger than Rugby players, and if they performed the type of hits they do here in America, many people would be injured or dead. In Rugby, tackles are a lot more arm on average. Sure there are some good form tackles but not nearly as many as in football. In football, the majority of collisions would be career/life ending. Hence the pads.

We like our high velocity collision sports here in America. Rugby is cool...but they don't wear pads and therefore are forced to tackle differently. Imagine if Rugby players accepted that the game would be more intense with pads and utilized them. Rugby would be taken up a notch.

There's a lot more action in American football...hence why we watch it more.

Calhexas
06-20-2009, 02:19 PM
lrZYZktLdns

How does correlate to him being a good soccer player?

The_Albatross
06-20-2009, 02:20 PM
There is no way they can match up with Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Japan, or Korea with a team like that most of the time.

Don't be ridiculous. The vast majority of the best players in the major leagues don't even play in the wbc...

qbanboy14
06-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Yes really.

you are right the usa team is full of BAD PLAYERS...

CATCHERS
Iannetta, Chris
McCann, Brian

INFIELDERS
DeRosa, Mark
Jeter, Derek
Jones, Chipper
Longoria, Evan
Roberts, Brian
Rollins, Jimmy
Wright, David
Youkilis, Kevin

OUTFIELDERS
Braun, Ryan
Dunn, Adam
Granderson, Curtis
Victorino, Shane

The_Albatross
06-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Sucks at baseball? Off the top of my head the starting rotation for a true All USA team would be created from these players, all born in the US...

Lincecum
Halladay
Haren
Greinke
Billingsley
Verlander
J. Johnson
Cain
Carpenter
Sabathia
Lester
Beckett
Lee
Oswalt
Hamels

So you're telling me a rotation created from that list would be a runner up to any other country? Really?

qbanboy14
06-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Sucks at baseball? Off the top of my head the starting rotation for a true All USA team would be created from these players, all born in the US...

Lincecum
Halladay
Haren
Greinke
Billingsley
Verlander
J. Johnson
Cain
Carpenter
Sabathia
Lester
Beckett
Lee
Oswalt
Hamels

So you're telling me a rotation created from that list would be a runner up to any other country? Really?

now can you go over the PR, Venezuela, Cuba, Japan, Korea players and tell me all their sutds are so much better compare to the USA roster

BTW if MJ played today in the nba he would had 10 titles....

if that
if this

excuses excuses

mtomjr14
06-20-2009, 02:50 PM
lulz at putting terrelle pryor in the same sentance as those guys..

plz remove his balls from your mouth op..

The_Albatross
06-20-2009, 07:08 PM
now can you go over the PR, Venezuela, Cuba, Japan, Korea players and tell me all their sutds are so much better compare to the USA roster

BTW if MJ played today in the nba he would had 10 titles....

if that
if this

excuses excuses

Excuses for what? The US team hasn't won the WBC because the team they field isn't comprised of their best players...

Name any other country, you won't find a better 5 man rotation than what the US could put on the field. Not happening.