PDA

View Full Version : How to stay motivated while cutting?

Greg1975
06-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Growing muscle mass is what gets me into the gym, so here's my problem summed up from my bodyspace:

"Goal (Long):

To learn how to clean bulk and then manage my BF% with control and less hassle. I've tried low-carb, HIIT, LISS etc. but I am having very little luck. Cutting is by far the hardest bb challenge I've encountered yet. The psychology of going to the gym, lifting, and knowing you won't gain muscle mass because you're in caloric deficit is very demoralizing. Hopefully in another year I'll learn how to do this right!"

So how do you guys do 8 week cuts when you know your muscles will in all likelihood shrink during that period? For me that's a major buzz kill. :(

willsong
06-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Growing muscle mass is what gets me into the gym, so here's my problem summed up from my bodyspace:

"Goal (Long):

To learn how to clean bulk and then manage my BF% with control and less hassle. I've tried low-carb, HIIT, LISS etc. but I am having very little luck. Cutting is by far the hardest bb challenge I've encountered yet. The psychology of going to the gym, lifting, and knowing you won't gain muscle mass because you're in caloric deficit is very demoralizing. Hopefully in another year I'll learn how to do this right!"

So how do you guys do 8 week cuts when you know your muscles will in all likelihood shrink during that period? For me that's a major buzz kill. :(

If you're new to weight training, you can get strong and lean out at the same time. Why? One, everytime you weight train, you are teaching your body how to increase motor unit activation, two, you are optimizing leverages, and three you are able to learn new skills/technique all the while lifting heavier and heavier.

johnderriLLL
06-19-2009, 05:53 PM
how is staying fat going to help?

highschoolguy
06-19-2009, 10:56 PM
If I'm losing muscle and going down in lifts but I look more cut then I'm fine. I don't really care about lifts I just want to look huge/ripped.

anabolic_alex
06-20-2009, 12:13 AM

"Goal (Long):

I agree that cutting sucks, so lately I've been trying to minimize my cutting periods by doing very careful, clean bulks..it's difficult to master, but it really pays off when you can get right back to actually gaining.