PDA

View Full Version : when people put you down does this motivate you more???

strac
06-19-2009, 03:24 PM
for me i does, people say lanky, skinny, freak whatever. it just makes me wanna eat, lift and better myself. one day il be laughing at them...

2.0Tsunami
06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
nope...I've never been big on feeding off negativity...you'll end up w/ a chip on your shoulder.

Do it for yourself, not b/c someone called you a name.

deafbrah
06-19-2009, 03:41 PM
nope...I've never been big on feeding off negativity...you'll end up w/ a chip on your shoulder.

fuking this

strac
06-19-2009, 03:50 PM

so your saying you shud brush it off and carry on instead of turing the negitivity into fuel to focus and achive your goals? When im on that last set of squats and im thinking - i could quit, i could stop it wont matter. then i think off all the people that have doubted or hurt me and if i quit now then that prooves there right...

Il_Dago
06-19-2009, 04:12 PM
After a fashion. I concentrate more on the female rejection part of other people's opinions. When I feel like I've got something to prove, it makes me work that much harder. Nothing makes me feel that way more than getting flat out shut down by a woman. It's like someone flips the switch: "Really? So, I'm not good enough? Really? Let's see what you think in a few months. Then YOU won't be good enough for ME and we'll see how you like it."

strac
06-19-2009, 04:48 PM
After a fashion. I concentrate more on the female rejection part of other people's opinions. When I feel like I've got something to prove, it makes me work that much harder. Nothing makes me feel that way more than getting flat out shut down by a woman. It's like someone flips the switch: "Really? So, I'm not good enough? Really? Let's see what you think in a few months. Then YOU won't be good enough for ME and we'll see how you like it."

yeh exactly,
but i dont lift because someone offended me, i lift for me and to better myself. but prooving others wrong is always sweet and this motivates me.

willsong
06-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I remember I was watching Bill Pearl's training tips on bb.com a few years ago, and my cousin said something like "you're not able to do this". Also a close friend of mine came over my house and showed him the 1984 Mr. Olympia of Tom Platz's posing routine, he says " I think you should stick to church because that might be better for you". That sparked a fire.

johnderriLLL
06-19-2009, 05:52 PM
i dont like negative people i try to stay away from them they eventually get it in your mind that your a piece of garbage.

chmbs1
06-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I use people's negative comments to help push out another rep, but I don't use them to get down on myself.

The bottom line is people will say ignorant things no matter what you do. You can't control what comes out of a person's mouth. Look how many people look at Arnold and say, "Oh, he's only that big because of all the steroids he did, he must have a really small penis." How retarted is that? If someone is trying to put me down, I always ask them what they are doing in their life that is so much better. If you're going to criticize my life, give me a better alternative, or shut the hell up.

VoxExMachina
06-19-2009, 08:09 PM
If they start again with the negative comments, just respond:

http://www.billionswithzeroknowledge.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/WindowsLiveWriter/CorporateandCommunityLeadership_A1D/insp_captkirk%5B5%5D.jpg

StuartH.
06-19-2009, 09:20 PM
When people say that stuff it makes me work even harder. In a way, its my fuel.

-GentleGiant-
06-19-2009, 09:46 PM
for me i does, people say lanky, skinny, freak whatever. it just makes me wanna eat, lift and better myself. one day il be laughing at them...

This happens to me all the time. My friends and even my family always say things that make me feel bad, for example "I bet your taking steroids, you have a nice body but probably only have a 1 incher since steroids make it shrink." Most of the time it's the ugly/losers that say this to me. But I know deep down inside that the only reason they say those things is because they are jealous that they don't have a nice body.

Also, When I go to eat with my cousins lets say at burger king they always get the big combos and I only get a small chicken burger etc...They say that my life must suck since I can't eat the good stuff.

In my opinion you should just ignore the haters and keep on working out. When people try to put you down atleast you know your doing something right. One thing I would like to add is lots of chicks always flirt to me and tell my I have huge muscles etc... I never see them getting compliments when their with me.

footballplaya23
06-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Yah I was really cocky in the 7th grade and told everybody I was gunna get really ripped, well this is me at the end of 8th grade, everybody said id never get a six pack and bet me thousands of dollars, I bet my whole class, none of em paid me lol

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=106320983&ppuser=107727253

Saldio
06-19-2009, 11:29 PM
In the face of criticism and ridicule, don't work harder to prove someone wrong; work harder to defeat the part of you that actually believes it.

strac
06-20-2009, 03:10 AM
In the face of criticism and ridicule, don't work harder to prove someone wrong; work harder to defeat the part of you that actually believes it.

thats some good advise brah, u make that up?

chmbs1
06-20-2009, 05:57 PM
This happens to me all the time. My friends and even my family always say things that make me feel bad, for example "I bet your taking steroids, you have a nice body but probably only have a 1 incher since steroids make it shrink." Most of the time it's the ugly/losers that say this to me. But I know deep down inside that the only reason they say those things is because they are jealous that they don't have a nice body.

Also, When I go to eat with my cousins lets say at burger king they always get the big combos and I only get a small chicken burger etc...They say that my life must suck since I can't eat the good stuff.

In my opinion you should just ignore the haters and keep on working out. When people try to put you down atleast you know your doing something right. One thing I would like to add is lots of chicks always flirt to me and tell my I have huge muscles etc... I never see them getting compliments when their with me.

Awesome. Dude, I looked through your profile. You're my new idol. If you came out to Iowa people would just stare at you in awe. You would be quite the spectacle. lol.

bresine
06-24-2009, 07:47 AM

all people knew of me is the fat version, now they see im changing and still make comments. I say F*ck them...lets see who is laughing in a year when were both 1 year older and Im in shape and theyve gained another 10lbs.

Epith
06-24-2009, 10:06 AM
I dunno but since I was a kid I always use negative feeds to fuel my rage and in turn move my lazy ass in doing something I don't want or just to lazy to do

jked4life
06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
I try to ignore negativity when it comes into my life.

I lift hard every time I step in the gym to better myself for me and me alone. I love to lift, work hard and eat well. I'm not on any type of personal quest to prove anyone wrong or because I have a chip on my shoulder. In the long run, I'd never stick with it for any other reasons, especially ones rooted in negativity.

ghostofinsanity89
06-25-2009, 12:05 PM
i make it a constructed criticism even if its not meant to be.
it adds fuel to the fire. I am burninnnngggggggggggggggggggggg

AndroShock
06-25-2009, 01:07 PM
If you can do something positive with it, go for it. But, no matter how big or strong you get your going to get this, especially from people that have no business giving it to you. Just don't let what others say eventually motivate you into making reckless decisions.

epik151
06-25-2009, 06:59 PM
lol name-calling? people are calling you names and you're thinking about having the last laugh at them when you're bigger? Dude, they've already lost. How pathetic of an individual do you have to be to actually call someone a name. They're kids man. Don't worry yourself with sad people.

Forget about them, they're nobodies. Hopefully when you're in a more confident state you can encourage others who are looking to better themselves instead of trying to have a laugh at their expense.