PDA

View Full Version : Is Brady Quinn a look into the future of pro QB's?

MoonWalker0
06-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Look at this guy. He has all of the requirements a QB needs to make it into the NFL:

- Healthy
- Tall

But also a few bonuses that make him even better.

- Strong: Bench pressed 220 21 times
- Athletic
- Very high IQ: Over 120

Dude is the prototype for the next great QB.

SwagMorris
06-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Look at this guy. He has all of the requirements a QB needs to make it into the NFL:

- Healthy
- Tall

- Athletic

You forgot to mention his balls will never go cold playing in the winter months in Cleveland because your mouth will be suckling them nonstop until he retires.

PatrickBateman1
06-17-2009, 11:56 PM
You forgot to mention his balls will never go cold playing in the winter months in Cleveland because your mouth will be suckling them nonstop until he retires.

Hahhahahahahhaha... awesome.

Yeahbudday
06-17-2009, 11:57 PM

lmao

Horns3
06-18-2009, 01:08 AM

- Healthy
- Tall

- Athletic

how does the bench press make him a better qb? i wonder how much payton can bench..

BigDreams21
06-18-2009, 03:53 AM
no.

IllumX
06-18-2009, 04:11 AM

thread over....LOL

Messiahtype
06-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Ridiculous. The 3 best QB's in the NFL look like the only thing they go near in the gym is the Life Fitness circuit room.(Brady, P. Manning, Brees)

Quarterbacking comes from between the ears, and the arm strength to make all of the throws. Both things you are either born with or you aren't.

NoS_oUtLaSt
06-18-2009, 07:16 AM
Ridiculous. The 3 best QB's in the NFL look like the only thing they go near in the gym is the Life Fitness circuit room.(Brady, P. Manning, Brees)

Quarterbacking comes from between the ears, and the arm strength to make all of the throws. Both things you are either born with or you aren't.

Debatable. You can learn to be football smart. However I think Arm strength is pretty much there or not.

thegenerel
06-18-2009, 07:49 AM

boom. thread over.

Messiahtype
06-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Debatable. You can learn to be football smart. However I think Arm strength is pretty much there or not.

Brian Griese has a reputation around coaches of being one of the smartest quarterbacks to ever play in the NFL. He's a student of the game, and his IQ is extremely high. He picks up offenses faster than anyone. He has adequate arm strength to make every NFL throw. But he makes bad decisions.

Alex Smith
Ryan Fitzpatrick

are two others who are similar.

There is some mental intangible that the great ones have. It's not about having the mental capacity to learn x's and o's, it's the decision making.

There are guys are football smart beyond belief like Brian Griese or Jay Gruden, but don't have "it".

bone001000
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM

Lol, fatality.

SpiderSense
06-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Is he even the QB of Cleveland's future yet?

SweetTouch
06-18-2009, 09:01 AM

- Healthy
- Tall

Hey, I'm healthy and tall! Where's my multimillion dollar deal to play QB in the NFL!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

cheerupemokid
06-18-2009, 09:10 AM

- Healthy
- Tall

- Athletic

Jay Cutler is healthy, tall, strong, bench pressed 225, 23 times and could bench press and could reportedly bench press 405 in college. He's smart (he went to Vandy).

Not only that but Jay Cutler has a rocket launcher for an arm.

Jay Cutler can also actually hold down a starting QB job.

MISTERDUDE
06-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Jay Cutler is healthy, tall, strong, bench pressed 225, 23 times and could bench press and could reportedly bench press 405 in college. He's smart (he went to Vandy).

Cutler has a 37" vertical too. Maybe that is what helps him make all the throws at the NFL level............................................. ..

Mitch339
06-18-2009, 09:53 AM

fffffffffffffffffffhahahahhahahahahaah reppped

KingCanuck
06-18-2009, 09:56 AM

O snap!

Messiahtype
06-18-2009, 10:01 AM

And does it all with a double chin and gut!

Physique means jack **** when it comes to QB'ing.

chris5
06-18-2009, 10:05 AM
you forgot to mention his balls will never go cold playing in the winter months in cleveland because your mouth will be suckling them nonstop until he retires.

lol lol hahahaha

megatronmode
06-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Brady Quinn hasn't proved anything. A lot of players who play their position with freak bodies end up being bust or injury plagued. Vernon Davis and David Boston are good examples.

Mac_xX
06-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I refuse to believe anything until I see Brady get some really consistent play time.

Max~Power
06-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Dear lord at the man crush

awahl63
06-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Too bad he has amounted to jack sh*t so far

CR123
06-18-2009, 12:04 PM
If you mean future by sitting the bench and sucking.......no.

bbacn123
06-18-2009, 12:09 PM

lol...ouch

this post so full of win

hockeyislife9
06-18-2009, 12:09 PM

- Healthy
- Tall

- Athletic

he benched 225 24 times bro

caj
06-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Q&A with Brady Quinn on espn.com from yesterday

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-3-68/Q-A-with-Brady-Quinn.html

ESPN: Speaking of workouts, a lot of quarterbacks are not hardcore weight-room guys. Why is the weight room such an important part of your regimen?

Brady Quinn: Well, it's a few things. Looking at my past, it was something that allowed me to propel to start when I was a freshman coming in at Notre Dame, as well as giving me an advantage in high school. Then as I've gotten to the NFL I noticed guys become limited by injuries, and a lot of injuries happen because guys don't take care of their bodies. So I've always prided myself on hard work and that's just extended into the weight room. It's something where, not only do I enjoy it, but I feel like it gives me an advantage over everyone else, because I work so much harder there and do the little things.

niospecv
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Look at the fat phuck Ben Burger. He is not in shape yet makes sound decision and has a decent arm.

.Achilles.
06-18-2009, 04:04 PM
There is a reason he dropped all the way to #22.

MoonWalker0
06-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Hey, I'm healthy and tall! Where's my multimillion dollar deal to play QB in the NFL!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

those are just two of the basic requirements brah

wsuwarrior
06-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Jay Cutler is healthy

Strong DIABEETUS.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd242/empowereddave/diabeetus.jpg

JRRBadBoy4Life
06-19-2009, 04:36 AM

- Healthy
- Tall

- Athletic

Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, Jamarcus Russell, are all a look into the future of pro QB's. First round pick career bench warmers.

Max~Power
06-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, Jamarcus Russell, are all a look into the future of pro QB's. First round pick career bench warmers.

Don't forget Alex Smith,

Can anyone guess what overall pick he was?

stasgolbom
06-19-2009, 08:26 AM
omg you served him well.

Messiahtype
06-19-2009, 09:07 AM

Don't forget Alex Smith,

Can anyone guess what overall pick he was?

Yeah. But there are also Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers, and Jason Campbell who are also fairly recent first rounders.