PDA

View Full Version : Long term question

dbluegoat
06-17-2009, 06:32 PM
So I have been going at this for basically 7 months, the most i missed was 5 days in jan when i hurt my back a bit. Other than that I never take off more than 2-3days in a row.

3 days or even 2 of sitting at home doing nothing make me feel like a complete piece of crap, I literally can't wait to get back to the gym after resting a couple days.

Are there guys who are always doing it this way for years? I still have the fire and even more so now to lift weights and kill myself in the gym. I have strayed a bit from cardio and the diet this month but nothing crazy, I am just stalled a bit on losing weight.

I am refocusing myself to get back on track eating clean nearly everyday of the week.

I am just wondering what you guys do, anyone go on and on like this forever? or do you take a week or two totally off from the gym here and there?

ToXvZ
06-18-2009, 01:03 AM
nice :D

DuLac
06-18-2009, 11:30 AM
For the past 5 months I have been doing it exactly like you have been. no more than 2-3 days missed (resting) in a row. Cardio + weights, managed caloiric intake, healthy food choices.

It is a lifestyle, not a diet, and not a quick-thing. You are completely in control, and you can choose to be healthy and fit, and get all of the positive attention and accolades that come with such a choice.

You should choose to be in it for a lifetime, and set your goals and plans based on that. As such, yes, you're going to be doing this for the next 50-60 years, with perhaps a few modifications here and there.

Senecan
06-18-2009, 11:37 AM
It's a lifestyle for me. Even if I didn't see gains I would still workout, I would just change my routine. Its a part of my life now and Im going to be working out for as long as I can.

*When I go home on leave or vacation the beach I usually just chill...But I always find myself right back to the gym :)