PDA

View Full Version : For the formerly (or soon to be formerly) obese: What was your highest body fat %?

Babylon1023
06-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm planning on getting my wife and I tested in a Bod Pod sometime this summer, but until then I'm going to have to wager a guess. I guessed I'm about 30%, but is it probable that my wife (who's 65" tall and 250lbs) is at 50% body fat? Sounds very high and hard to imagine, but if she's anything like Tara from TBL, she might only have 120-125lbs of lean mass under there. Have you or people you know had similarly high numbers at the worst of it? Knowing this will help better land a calorie target for her since I'm trying to re-do her meal plan, so anything you can share would be greatly appreciated. :)

Babylon1023
06-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Afternoon bump. No takers?

hanzblinx
06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm planning on getting my wife and I tested in a Bod Pod sometime this summer, but until then I'm going to have to wager a guess. I guessed I'm about 30%, but is it probable that my wife (who's 65" tall and 250lbs) is at 50% body fat? Sounds very high and hard to imagine, but if she's anything like Tara from TBL, she might only have 120-125lbs of lean mass under there. Have you or people you know had similarly high numbers at the worst of it? Knowing this will help better land a calorie target for her since I'm trying to re-do her meal plan, so anything you can share would be greatly appreciated. :)

The bodpod sounds cool, but I have some $5 bodyfat calipers from amazon. So far I've gone from 34% to 17% so 34-35% would have been my max. Once I get around 12% im going to pay a trainer $10 at my gym to do the 7 point caliper test to see if it matches what I get at home. Then go to single digits (9.9) and stop the diet.

obesebeast
06-17-2009, 02:57 PM
calling KingofChaos

trance__dreamer
06-17-2009, 03:06 PM

@ the start of my transformation in jan of '07, i looked exactly like tara from this past season of the biggest loser. no one believes me. but it's the damn truth. (http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/blog/46847501.jpg)

i think she's my height, since she's a model, & since she was 300'ish (50% bf? who knows) @ the start, then so was i, as i was just as big, if not slightly bigger. however, we did carry fat in different places & still do, when i saw her @ the finale. i'm quite lean past my knees, wheras she isn't. i still carry a lot of fat over my tri's, wheras she doesn't. she has more of an hour-glass shape, whereas i'm more of an "athletic carrot" shape. etc.

@ the finale, her scale said 145 (glycogen deprived, ate nothing all day, bowels emptied, dehydrated, etc to try to have an edge to get the prize $ i'm sure - i would've, too. o__O) & probably had around 120 in lean mass, as i don't think she had more than 25 lbs of fat on her. (bf% - i don't wanna do the math. :p) & as for me, i'm pretty sure my lean mass is @ least a bit more than 120. but i also don't know how much fat i have on me, as i haven't weighed myself since i was 15 & don't really want to any time soon. =S so, to figure out my bf%, i'd have to use my measurements, which i finally did for the 1st time back in the spring & will take again @ the end this month, for sure. :)

Babylon1023
06-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Congratulations trance! That's really good to hear that results like that are possible within a reasonable amount of time. Of all people I have to say Tara impressed me the most with how far she went and how different she ended up looking. The difference in her face alone is unbelievable.