PDA

View Full Version : Nuts...

Jessica29
06-16-2009, 08:06 AM
I usually have a small pack of almonds each day which I get from Trader Joes however... this week I just picked up a box of the Planters Unsalted Mixed Nuts which has Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts, Brazil Nuts, and Pecans. So my question is are all these nuts okay to eat or should I be avoiding some of them?

Thanks for the advice!

kimm4
06-16-2009, 08:21 AM
I usually have a small pack of almonds each day which I get from Trader Joes however... this week I just picked up a box of the Planters Unsalted Mixed Nuts which has Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts, Brazil Nuts, and Pecans. So my question is are all these nuts okay to eat or should I be avoiding some of them?

Thanks for the advice!

I normally stick with almonds, but the others are ok too...I don't eat enough to really make a difference...

Jessica29
06-16-2009, 08:26 AM
I normally stick with almonds, but the others are ok too...I don't eat enough to really make a difference...

Great, thanks Kimm!

Emoore
06-16-2009, 08:36 AM
I believe that almonds and walnuts have the most nutritional goodness as far as fighting disease but all nuts are going to be healthy fats and ok to eat within your macros.

08vistabluegt
06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
The majority of nuts have a healthy type of fat and a pretty sufficient amount of protein in them. Try mixing up nuts and dried fruits too.

heidismommy
06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
I have those, only mine are salted. I'd say they are fine, a great source of healthy fats and a moderate source of protein. I usually eat a handful with nonfat Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, sometimes with some fruit too.

bodeebuilder
06-17-2009, 02:46 AM
Nuts are good for health..n d best way to control your urge for fatty food..

http://orkut.vidpoke.com/_img/Video-Poke_07.gif (http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Application.aspx?appId=173764702012)

Jessica29
06-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks for all the replies! :) You all are a great help

MissDarque
06-17-2009, 10:17 AM
check out the ingrediants and see if cottonseed oil's in it, if so I'd stay clear of them

heidismommy
06-17-2009, 10:25 AM
check out the ingrediants and see if cottonseed oil's in it, if so I'd stay clear of them

It does contain cottonseed and/or peanut oil, but it's the last ingredient and pretty much inconsequential in my opinion. There is a lot more poly- and monounsaturated fats in mixed nuts than saturated fats. Like everything else they're fine in moderation.

08vistabluegt
06-17-2009, 10:39 AM
It does contain cottonseed and/or peanut oil, but it's the last ingredient and pretty much inconsequential in my opinion. There is a lot more poly- and monounsaturated fats in mixed nuts than saturated fats. Like everything else they're fine in moderation.

Those are fine in moderation. However, I would think any partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, etc is bad period. That's just my opinion though...

Jessica29
06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
The ingredients are:
Peanuts, Almonds, Cashews, Brazil Nuts, Hazelnuts (Filberts), Pecans, Peanut and/or Cottonseed oil.