PDA

View Full Version : hate eating breakfast in the mornings, need advice

outofshapeguy
06-14-2009, 09:29 AM
ever since i started the rippetoe diet iv been eating breakfast at 7am. ussally its:

3 eggs
small piece of chorizo
1 flour tortilla
protein shake

i follow that up with a bowl of oatmeal at around 10am-ish.

the problem is i am not a morning person at all. i like to sleep in and wake up at around 11am on my off days. i have 3 days off. i supposed if i woke up at 7am everyday(including my off days) this wouldnt be a problem. but i think the fact that i wake up at 7am 4 days a week at 11am on the other 3 is the issue. what do you guys recommend? i like to sleep in because i love sleep(obviously) but also because i dont got much else going on my in my life right now....sooooo i dont see a need to wake up early on my off days. most of my workouts are ussally late afternoon-evening.... my tuesday workout is ussally at 9pm and my thur and sat workouts are ussally at 4pm or later...do you guys recommend i should maybe start working out really early on the thursdays and saturdays? the thing with me is i like to have several meals in my stomach before i work out. ive never really tried working out on a single meal...

i suppose i should start going to bed earlier as well. i ussally lay in bed and ussally dont fall asleep until 1am or so..

thanks

thebasil
06-14-2009, 09:32 AM
if you do something enough you can adjust to anything

bigjaenat
06-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Pre make a whey protein shake the night before with oats and oils.

LatinoMusculito
06-14-2009, 10:45 AM
OP, don't go waking up at 7 in the morning if you don't want to and don't have to do. Just do what works. Eating below maintenance works, eating above maintenance works. Trainig when you feel psychologically ready - works.

Do what you want, and do what works. Waking up at 7 am to workout an hour later is absolutely a retarded thing to do if you don't have to, and you don't want to do it. It will not give you any benefits as opposed to what you are already doing (later in the day). I am also a person that likes to get int 2-4 meals before I train. And I find it certainly works for me.

sh_sh
06-14-2009, 10:50 AM
i usually toss a bunch of stuff in a blender, chug it down. im not one to eat much in the am either. my daily blender of sludge:

milk
whey protein
banana
frozen berries
flax oil
peanut butter
plain yogurt
wheat germ
flax meal
oats
cinnamon

chug down a couple cups after am workout, throw the rest in a thermos and drink a cup every 2 hours. get home from work at 7 and eat a real dinner. works for me!

good luck.

outofshapeguy
06-14-2009, 10:55 AM
OP, don't go waking up at 7 in the morning if you don't want to and don't have to do. Just do what works. Eating below maintenance works, eating above maintenance works. Trainig when you feel psychologically ready - works.

Do what you want, and do what works. Waking up at 7 am to workout an hour later is absolutely a retarded thing to do if you don't have to, and you don't want to do it. It will not give you any benefits as opposed to what you are already doing (later in the day). I am also a person that likes to get int 2-4 meals before I train. And I find it certainly works for me.

well i know it doesnt benefit me physically to wake up early on my off days to work out, i just mentioned it because i wake up naturally at 11am or so. perhaps if i started waking up at 7am everyday for a few weeks i would naturally want to get up at 7am which would fix the problem.

LatinoMusculito
06-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Fix what problem?? You do want wake up at 7 am?

So... then do it!

You either do or do not. If you don't it's because you don't want to.

Just saying if you don't want to do it, then don't. You're already waking up at 7 am 4x/week. If you want to do 7am every day, then set your alarm clock for 6 am... snooze 5x in an hour until 7... wake up. And win.

otongki
06-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Pre make a whey protein shake the night before with oats and oils.

This! You need to prepare your meal for 2-3 days before hand.. make use of tupperwear!