PDA

View Full Version : Not Getting Enough Calories?

PhxKarma
06-12-2009, 04:49 AM
I have eaten 4-5 meals today, and I am only at 1600 calories. (163g Carbs, 90g Protein, 47g Fat)

Valjean
06-12-2009, 04:54 AM
Well it's not even 8 o'clock yet so you still have plenty of time to get into the groove before the day ends. jk

Do you ever find yourself grazing for food? Once in a while I might just have a bowl of cereal, or I keep a bowl of carrots and celery out all day. I eat so much of that the my skin turns yellowish during the course of a day. Surprisingly that adds up.
Also are you drinking any of your calories?

Whatever the matter be, if you feel hungry, then you probably are not getting enough calories, unless you are trying to lose weight, which of course that'll happen.

PhxKarma
06-12-2009, 04:56 AM
I am not hungry at all, I keep forcing myself to eat.

M@XLOL
06-12-2009, 04:57 AM
eat larger meals? I am currently eating ~3000 cals a day and i have to pay attention and limit myself so i don't go over.

PhxKarma
06-12-2009, 04:57 AM
eat larger meals? wtf you didn't even ask a questions... it was just a statement.

The question is in the title?

PeanutButterBan
06-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Just a thought, but you could try adding more calorie dense food that will fill you up the same as whatever you're eating now but will provide greater nutrition. I'm not sure what your current diet consists of so it's hard to say specifically. Since you're eating 163g of carbs I think its safe to say you're not doing Keto, that being said, the brain alone consumes ~130g of carbs per day depending on activity, which means you could probably stand to eat a few more. Also, most people like to consume 1g or more of protein per lb of body weight or lbm, either way I think you weigh more than 90lbs so you could definitely add there. Try spacing your meals out so that you are eating smaller portions 5-7 times a day, that should keep your metabolism higher, which will make you feel hungrier. My 2c.

stancel
06-12-2009, 06:14 AM
I have eaten 4-5 meals today, and I am only at 1600 calories. (163g Carbs, 90g Protein, 47g Fat)

You are eating enough, don't worry. I don't understand how 1600 is somehow a low calorie amount.....it's not.

I didn't lose all my weight by eating 2000 calories, that's for sure. Some of us want faster results...

Tommy W.
06-12-2009, 06:27 AM
it looks like you're doing good on your fatloss at 1600 so why eat more? everyone processes cals differently so just stay with what is working.
You should be GLAD you don't have the opposite problem which is always being hungry when trying to lose fat