PDA

View Full Version : Diet alteration

haywarmb
06-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I recently (two/three weeks ago) changed my diet complety andhave been eating more healthier. Currently

615 a.m.-1 cup peaches, 1/2 cup water, 1 scoop (24g protien) of ON whey protien, 2 tsp plain yougurt shake

7 a.m.- 2 egg whites,
2 packets quaker oatmeal apple cinnamon

10 a.m.- bagel with peanut butter (used to be with butter recently changed)

12 p.m.- 1 apple,
Ham, light mayo, lettuce, on roll/wrap

2 p.m.- 1 can tuna

4:30/5 p.m.- 1 cup peaches, 1/4 cup pineapple, 1 cup water, 1 scoop (24g protien) of ON whey protien

5:30/6 p.m.- work out

7:30 - 1 cup peaches, 1/2 cup water, 1.5 scoop (~40g protien) of ON whey protien, 2 tsp plain yougurt shake

8:15/8:30- dinner (something with chicken or pasta), 4 cups of fat free milk

All through out day eating peanuts~1-2 servings

total (roughly): protien-210g calories-2700

I need to take in more calories than this, i know, but Im at work from 8-5 Mon-Fri and i dont want to load up on all my calories at night after working out. What could I do? Also, how does my diet look so far? I am trying to gain muscle (hence the needing more cals)

Theenforcer1
06-11-2009, 10:22 AM
you could snack on nuts throughout the day-make some PB sandwiches to have aswell....--

any reason you dont want to add in calories at night PWO? Thats a great time to pack in more calories.

haywarmb
06-11-2009, 10:57 AM
you could snack on nuts throughout the day-make some PB sandwiches to have aswell....--

any reason you dont want to add in calories at night PWO? Thats a great time to pack in more calories.

I also heard it was bad interm of fat gaining, to eat so many calories at night. Considering I have 4 cups of milk plus my dinner and i usually go to bed around 930. I mean if im wrong that helps alot, but im trying to minimize my body fat gain will maximizing my lbm gain

gironda
06-11-2009, 10:59 AM
calories at night are fine when bulking. they are even fine when cutting if they are all protien and veggies.

haywarmb
06-11-2009, 11:26 AM
other than that my diets not too bad though?

Theenforcer1
06-11-2009, 11:32 AM
just eat more. diet is fine if you have enough energy during the day...just need more cals.

RandyJH
06-11-2009, 11:39 AM
calories at night are fine when bulking. they are even fine when cutting if they are all protien and veggies.

Please enlighten me on why calories should only come from protein and veggies during night time. And why do the rules change when cutting vs. bulking?

I am fairly certain you are mistaken, but I would like to hear your reason if you have one.