PDA

View Full Version : help on diet... 4,242 calories!

Aes_RocK
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
first let me say im trying to gain weight here...
today i had 4,242 calories, a breakdown of the calories is as follows:
fat: 106g 22%
Carb: 447g 42%
protein: 389g 36%

is this okay? i'm trying to get up to about 290 (i dropped down to 275 due to injury). Most proteins came from chicken breast and tuna (had 3 shakes though), the carbs were mostly complex (brown rice, oats, and veggies)...

so what say you? is this a decent ratio or should i aim for more proteins?

bigjaenat
06-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Protein is pretty high. That being said, if you think that this breakdown will benefit you in your weight gaining goals and you give a try and find it works then it is perfect. You have more than enough protein, more than enough EFA's (I'm guessing with all that fat) so your good with those aspects. Try it!

jayce_p
06-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Give that a try for a week man, the only way you will know is if you try it out :)
Im currently bulking at 3850 cals.

markphilips
06-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Looks pretty solid to me. Also a little more fat might help.

BecomeLegendary
06-11-2009, 05:58 AM
You are eating plenty of protein, you could even drop it 100 grams or so and replace those with tasty carbs and fats if you want. It won't hurt your physique at all because that extra protein is probably just going into gluconeogenesis and being used as fuel. For 285 pounds, I don't think you are eating enough to bulk. Unless you are completely out of shape, which I'm guessing your not if your trying to put on weight (lineman getting ready for fall?) When I use to play college ball, I would bulk on 4000 a day, but remember I am only 170 pounds, you need far more calories than that man. Trust me, some of my good friends here at the U play O-line and they are always complaining to me about how they can't gain weight. Being that big, you need to be stuffing your trap full every hour and a half or so. Good luck man.