PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend and her thighs (training)

GainThis
06-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi there,

I'm sure you get this question a lot, and appreciate the help in advance.

My GF is about 5'6", ~130lb's. She's in pretty good shape, her only problem is getting her thighs to look good. When she wants to be in shape she does quite a bit of elliptical training, goes for runs with friends, and those various workout DVD's (Pilates + I believe one called "Simmons"). She has bodyweight squats in one of those programs as well.

Her problem is that her calves tone very nicely, and the rest of her body responds to working out, but her *thighs* basically keep what fat they have on it, and build muscle over top. She has larger thighs naturally, but hates building it up as then they get really out of proportion.

Any ideas/tips?

rockstar26
06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Work those thighs till she's sore. Eat sleep repeat

\thread

twinnett
06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Work those thighs till she's sore. Eat sleep repeat

\thread

:confused:

She needs to focus more on weight lifting..heavy squats, leg press, etc..

Jessica29
06-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi there,

I'm sure you get this question a lot, and appreciate the help in advance.

My GF is about 5'6", ~130lb's. She's in pretty good shape, her only problem is getting her thighs to look good. When she wants to be in shape she does quite a bit of elliptical training, goes for runs with friends, and those various workout DVD's (Pilates + I believe one called "Simmons"). She has bodyweight squats in one of those programs as well.

Her problem is that her calves tone very nicely, and the rest of her body responds to working out, but her *thighs* basically keep what fat they have on it, and build muscle over top. She has larger thighs naturally, but hates building it up as then they get really out of proportion.

Any ideas/tips?

Sounds like me! :(

fitlover
06-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Diet.

kimm4
06-10-2009, 06:53 PM
It's all about keeping the diet tight to drop more body fat. Legs are always the last to lean out...tuffest body part for most women.

I can't see her building much muscle on the legs if she's not training them heavy...she will get better results if she does...(as long as she's dropping the body fat)

iKoniConSciencE
06-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Everyone has this one annoying last part that has trouble leaning out... thighs happen to be hers.

Squats, leg pressing, extensions, and a squeaky clean diet will fix that right up... with time, of course. Dropping body fat (as long as you are doing everything you are supposed to do without fail) is just a waiting game. :)