PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite wine or champagne?

FIREGIRL21
06-10-2009, 11:14 AM
What's your fave brand and kind? Does any have less or more sugar do you think? Obviously sangria has more sugar.

ives
06-10-2009, 11:26 AM
What's your fave brand and kind? Does any have less or more sugar do you think? Obviously sangria has more sugar.

I've heard about a "sugar free" wine that uses some kind of artificial sweetener instead. I haven't read much about it since I'm not interested, but here's a link. It's called "Slender Wine" and I think they ship across the US.

http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/slender-wines-sugar-free-wine-be-given-oscar-presenters

(woohoo for finally having >30 posts and being able to share links!)

EDIT (to actually answer the question): I drink Barefoot Bubbly Extra Dry or Yellow Tail sparkling Chardonnay, but I don't think about the calories since I only have these drinks with cheats. I would venture that dessert wines (prosecco, asti, muscato) would have more sugar--natural or added--than something really crisp and dry. If I'm not cheating and want something bubbly and boozy, I mix a shot of vodka and some LaCroix Berry sparkling water, and maybe a splash of some juice or a couple smushed raspberries.

red_hot_tamale
06-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Riesling. White, kinda sweet and delish. Couldn't tell you how much sugar is in it though.