PDA

View Full Version : Write yourself a letter, Motivation comes from within!

ghostofinsanity89
06-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok so in this thread we will write a letter to ourselves about what we accomplished and what we want to accomplish in the future. Start with "Dear Me," then go write away! People can use your letter to motivate themselves but the main purpose of these letters is to motivate the writer. Whenever you feel doubt or you start making excuses, read the letter that you wrote!

here is mine,

Dear Me,
You are not perfect, God had not given you broad shoulders, Big arms or long legs but that's fine he had given you something more important than mere physical features, he had given you a strong heart, an unstoppable will and an indomitable spirit. Wait, no it wasn't given, to say it was, would do you no justice. It wasn't him who felt the pain of leg day, It wasn't him who force fed himself oats and eggs every single day and It wasn't Him who sacrificed his soft hands only so he could get a better grip. It wasn't Him, It was you.

You are a dragon slayer, those are your iron dragons.You battle with them every single day, every single week, month by month, year by year. Everyday is a struggle, Sometimes you don't know where to find your strength to come but you still do everyday and always at the same time. You think its habit, its not. You think its instinct, Its not. It is Desire. Desire not to be the best but the best you can be. You don't strive for perfection, No you don't. No such thing as perfection. You don't waste your time pondering how perfection is achieved or if achievable at all, you just do your thing , day in and day out.

You are hated,loved and envied. To those that hate you, love them because without them the fire within would not burned and would not enlighten others. To those who love you, love them more than they love you, for they are your inspiration to inspire others. To the those who envy you, do not envy them but be happy for them, You have something they'll never get, the power to raise others.

Your journey had just began and sometimes you wonder if this road your traveling is the right one. It may not be or It may. You don't care. You believe it is the journey not the destination that counts. This journey is hard and long but You are ready for it, always been and always will. Some people think it, Some people do it, You became it.

Good luck guys!

MattP343
06-09-2009, 08:58 PM
nice!!

Skylite212
06-10-2009, 07:00 AM
not a bad idea or leave yourself a voicemail..(who likes writing these days)

euclid
06-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Steve,

You're reading this because the inevitable has occurred. You've reached a point where you are complacent about making further gains, be it in muscle or in fat loss it makes no difference. How did you get here? Was it a girl who has caused you to be this way - spending time going out to eat, to bars? Maybe it is your job. You know, with that travel schedule of yours it's hard to get those workouts in and eating on the road is tough; airports aren't necessarily health-food clubs. It's funny that you aren't motivated now. It's funny not in that "ha ha" kind of way, but in that "you don't want to take your shirt off at night because you are sick of looking at your rolls of fat" kind of way. But, you probably got upset when you went to walk up the stairs after having ate that large cheeseteak and ended up gasping for breath.

What I am trying to say to you, Steve, in short, is that you are letting yourself down. Man wasn't supposed to rest on his laurels and get fat. He was built to hunt, to move, to conquer in the face of adversity. Do yourself a favor and get some self respect.

Signed,
Your Better Conscience

chmbs1
06-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Awesome! Great idea!

PullAndBear
06-12-2009, 01:20 AM
You need to start taking this stuff seriously. Every time you start a cut, you stay on it for a week or two and then start making dumb justifications for eating things outside of your diet. Keep it all on paper and follow it. So... you just had an intense training session in MMA class and feel like you deserve the extra carbs?? NO you don't. Nothing bad will happen if you don't eat them. Your muscles will still be there.Stop making excuses and rationalizing your binges. The feeling of eating that icecream wears off after a few minutes but the fact that you can't accomplish what you started will suffocate you for a lifetime. For my sake, don't do it. Stay strong....stubbornly strong. Stay extremely strict for the sake of being strict. No leeway just follow the plan. And in the end, even if you never achieved what you wanted. At the very least, you have the fact that you kept on your path throughout it all. That is more important than anything.

zacksmum
06-17-2009, 08:03 PM
You're sad because you fell off the wagon again. You don't feel like going through the starting process again. Guess what? You didn't give up! You didn't "end" working out/eating right! Just pick up where you are and jump in the game! It's alright! You don't have to start all over again! You love how you feel when you leave the gym exhausted, because you accomplished something. You love how you feel when you eat right because nobody around you can stick to it. Be the example-you love that! Show them and inspire them-they need you! Your body is too precious to fill it with grease and sugar. Your body is to beautiful to add fat to it. Your body is too precious to hide all those beautiful muscles. It's okay to be the person you want to be. It's okay to look the way you want to look. I promise. You can do it. I promise, and you know I don't promise anything unless I know it for sure. You love this. Don't give up something you love. You'll regret it. I promise. You love this, working out, eating right, transforming your body. Keep it up! Keep it up forever! You can do it! I promise!!!