PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on eating in the middle of the night?

oakwood-jones
06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I've been mixing up a shake with whey, milk, yogurt, oats, pb and flaxseed for about 700 calories to drink during the middle of the night. I don't set my alarm or anything to drink it, but I have what doctors would probably consider an overactive bladder so I always wake up at least once to go to the bathroom anyways. Slamming down the shake doesn't cost me any more then 5 minutes of sleep.

Would digesting all that affect the sleep that I do get though? My metabolism is sky high but is that too many calories to consume in such an inactive state? Good? Bad? Thoughts?

Holyspokes
06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
doesn't matter.. do it if you like it/feel it helps you gain desired weight.

T-Post
06-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Ya if its working for u continue to do it. if u start gaining fat make a smaller shake

proteintime
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I've been mixing up a shake with whey, milk, yogurt, oats, pb and flaxseed for about 700 calories to drink during the middle of the night. I don't set my alarm or anything to drink it, but I have what doctors would probably consider an overactive bladder so I always wake up at least once to go to the bathroom anyways. Slamming down the shake doesn't cost me any more then 5 minutes of sleep.

Would digesting all that affect the sleep that I do get though? My metabolism is sky high but is that too many calories to consume in such an inactive state? Good? Bad? Thoughts?if your bulking it would be a good thing to do, when i start bulking up againg in a cople of months im going to have a shake at my bed side, i go to the bathroom at least 3 times every night.i drink over 2 gallons of water a day and piss all day and all night.

jayce_p
06-09-2009, 10:02 PM
i personally think it would be better to ge a good complete uninterrupted sleep, and get your cals in during the day... but thats just me.

Simmo0508
06-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I often do it. The whole leaving a shake in the fridge, get up, drink quickly, go back to sleep deal etc.

I try not to make it an every night occurance though. Just on days that might've been a bit low on calories.

proteintime
06-09-2009, 10:08 PM
i personally think it would be better to ge a good complete uninterrupted sleep, and get your cals in during the day... but thats just me.yea sleeping though the whole night would be best, but if your up takeing a piss then slam down some protein.